A Conversation for Ask h2g2

A Somewhat Embarrassing Question

Post 101

A small piece of furry blu tack

smiley - yuk Long-haired! Don't even think about going there...

But apart from that "wee, long-haired troll thingie" hmmm - apart from the fact that I thought he was too polite* to be a troll that's a pretty good description of B!

* Note - I _thought_ he was so polite - and then he left me all alone and abandoned me in my hour of need smiley - wah. Thus the reason I found solice in the arms smiley - erm of a paperclip!

Oh, and Footbacon, when you next see your paperclip, could you ask him if I could have my smiley - handcuffs back please! smiley - blush

Post 102

IctoanAWEWawi

Friday afternoon at work, naff all people here, just me sat at me desk, bored.

Oh, and a lump of blu-tack.

Any ideas what I can do to liven my afternoon up?

*p.s. a Gonk is also a mildly insulting term, possibly with derivations from konk (=nose, generally of the large type), slightly stronger than 'fool' or 'idiot' but friendly in tone used when a friend or close one has done something foolish or daft*

Post 103

lil ~ Auntie Giggles with added login ~ returned

smiley - wow

Do you know everything Icky??

smiley - biggrin and smiley - runs from smiley - book thrown across the desk

Post 104

Baron Grim

The 'gonk' I was thinking of was definitely of teh type Teuchter was referring. Young One Neil was relating a story about how his test had gone.. He was arranging on his desk all the pencils and rubbers and gonks and more pencils and more gonks and a packet of ??polos??[another word I don't know] and more pencils and gonks and by the time he had them all sorted the professor said it was time to turn in the tests.
</>

but yes, I think the gonk and the clip and the small piece of furry blu tak make a cute trio. smiley - biggrin

Post 105

Baron Grim

Ok... here's what Neil said: "It was horrible. I sat in the big hall and put my pocket of Polos on the desk. And my spare pencil and my support gonk. And my chewing gum and my extra pen. And my extra Polos and my lucky gonk. And my pencil sharpener shaped like a cream cracker. And more gonks with a packet of Polos in each. And lead for my retractable pencil. And my retractable pencil. And spare lead for my retractable pencil. And chewing gum and pencils and pens and more gonks, and the guy says Stop writing, please."

I think everyone will recognise them when they see them. (we called the lucky troll dolls here in the states.) http://shop.store.yahoo.com/trollville/lotterytroll.html

Here are some VERY closeup panorama pics of gonks: http://www.furtherfield.org/flord/gonk/ (quicktime required).

smiley - ok

Post 106

IctoanAWEWawi

polo= ring shaped mint sweet. Advertised as 'the mint with a hole in it' now available in all sorts of funky flavours. But basically the secret smokers friend smiley - winkeye Not a stong mint just a minty mint. Type thing. Ish.

Post 107

Baron Grim

smiley - tasmiley - ok

Post 108

I gave them up 3 weeks ago smiley - angel

Post 109

Baron Grim

Cigarettes or polos?... or maybe gonks you mean?

Post 110

Aaaah, caught me!!

smiley - erm Cigarettes mainly.

smiley - erm Polo Mints....along time ago.

smiley - erm Gonks....Had one and it was lovely, but my sister swiped it smiley - wah

smiley - winkeye

Post 111

IctoanAWEWawi

I know what you mean lil, I gave them up a bit ago. Only way I can manage to keep off them is to make sure I always have a pack of cigarettes handy to smoke whenever the mint craving hits me.

Post 112

A Super Furry Animal

Polos (the extra strong ones in the polo-shaped plastic pack) were my best friends when I quit the fags.

Now I've moved on and have a serious Smint habit. Beware! Polos are a "gateway" mint! smiley - biggrin

Post 113

Nope. No mints....just nicotine patches...which, btw, I have been known to forget to change on time. smiley - biggrin

I have actually gained an extra patch this week!! smiley - angel

Post 114

Wiro

smiley - erm smint is sugar free, and so contains sweetners, and all sweetners have a laxative effect ....

Post 115

smiley - yuk too much info smiley - erm

Post 116

A Super Furry Animal

+ + + SCIENCE UPDATE + + + SCIENCE UPDATE + + +

The sweetener used in Smint, Polo etc, *may* have a laxative effect. It does not affect everyone. I never had a problem, and I was doing a packet a day.

Post 117

I suppose it could be used as part of a diet??smiley - erm

Post 118

Wiro

oh ok, only 1 packet. I think the warnign si for people that have 5 a day ...

Post 119

Dr E Vibenstein (You know it is, it really is.)

I have absolutely nothing constructive to add to this conversation - I just want to be part of it. smiley - rofl

Post 120

Wiro

welcome

Key: Complain about this post