A Conversation for Ask h2g2

May I conduct an experiment?

Post 61

Emmily ~ Roses are red, Peas are green, My face is a laugh, But yours is a scream

I struck lucky, none were particularly long, and mostly interesting. smiley - magic

Here's the link <./>RandomEditedEntry</.> if anyone wants to continue with the experiment smiley - whistle

Emmily
smiley - bluebutterfly

Post 62

toybox

A156502 - Fingernails.

A2654822 - The Mysterious Disappearance of Glenn Miller.

A599709 - Anglo-Saxon Isle of Wight: Legends.

A531343 - Early American Farm Implements Museum, Fayette County, Pennsylvania, USA.

A406720 - Secrets of Longevity.

Read 4 out of 5. Two of them were very short, though; I may not have read them had they been longer.

smiley - peacedove

Post 63

Magwitch - My name is Mags and I am funky.

This is a very interesting experiment. I now do it at least twice a day! smiley - yikes If nothing else it's making read more guide entries than you shake a pointy stick at smiley - laugh

Results from today:

A476660 Blue crabs

A258617 Flagging Tape

A126659 Wire Hangers

A184097 Marmite smiley - drool

A638705 The Yeoman of the Guard

I was very lucky today, the first three were very short so were read as a matter of course the next two were subjects I'm interested in so were also read smiley - smiley

5/5 today, although there have been many times that it has only been one!

Post 64

benjaminpmoore

Does anyone know how many entries there are in the guide, roughly?

Post 65

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

7991 edited entries.

Post 66

Deep Doo Doo

Or to put it another way...

<./>info?cmd=tae</.>

Post 67

Primeval Mudd (formerly Roymondo)

I really should have posted the link! Oops!

Post 68

benjaminpmoore

7991? Well it feels good to know that without me there would be a mere 7990, and that would just be stupid, wouldn't it. You're lucky I'm here...smiley - smiley

Post 69

toybox

A230257 - Light Bulb Jokes;
A3213064 - Bipolar Disorder or 'Manic Depression';
A356997 - Gaia;
A378092 - What to do When You Get to the Airport;
A744851 - Trainspotting.

Read 4 out of 5, might come back to the one I skipped though.

I tend to read short entries, though (there's 3 of them here).

smiley - peacedove

Post 70

Wilma Neanderthal

A1006561 - Islam, Numerology and the Number 19
A597143 - Punctuation - a Quick Guide
A1128610 - The 'Dilbert' Books
A283132 - Matches
A1087238 - Led Zeppelin - the Albums

Read 3/5. This is a great way of spending a Sunday afternon, might go do it again smiley - run

Post 71

toybox

A930197 - Great International Breakfast Dishes
A954759 - Rainbows End - Fact and Fiction
A337367 - Views on Creation
A795611 - The Dangers of Mixing Bleach and Ammonia
A700958 - Irony

Read 4, had read the 5th one before. Good harvest today smiley - smiley

smiley - peacedove

Post 72

benjaminpmoore

A2503298 Phillipa of Lanchaster - A Tale from the history of portugual. Started to read this one, but it went on too long for me.

A744842 Russian Crazy Sevens. How could I not read an entry with a title like that? It was quite short too, and I like card games.

A196706 Halloween. Couldn't be bothered.

A1121257 Willie Mays - quite enjoyed this one, even though I don't really understand baseball.

A1067834 Countryside Etiquette This was long but I really enjoyed it.

That makes it... 3.5 I guess. Not bad.

Post 73

KB

A659379 Super Glue - Handling Breaks with Gaps. Interesting enough. Technique to get more stick for your money.

A583337 How to Hypnotise a Chicken - Very good. Makes me want to get a chicken and see if it works! Other researchers response suggest that it does.

A9915087 Steak with Papaya Marinade. A Recipe not really to my taste.

A686775 Old Irish Money. Not bad, but I'd already read this.

A4552841 How to Make Lettered Rock. Long, but oddly interesting. One of those practices that make you wonder how on Earth someone thought it up!

Not a bad selection of five. Quite a varied bunch!

Post 74

Wilma Neanderthal

Aha! That's where the thread went!
smiley - ta Bomba
smiley - ok
W

Post 75

Sho - employed again!

A735031 - Etiquette for Football Spectators
Oh, I've had that one before from the random entry thing! Nicely written entry, though.

A375518 - Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I really like the tone of this one. Although I think there could be a bit more info (anyone fancy updating it?)

A296174 - Advice on How to Become a Doctor in the USA
Probably not something I'd pick to read out of a list, but it was an interesting little read. It does make it all sound pretty easy though

A378209 - Naturism
Fascinating and well written. I know a few people who go to FKK (nudist) camp sites and it answers a few questions I'd like to ask. Definitely I'd have picked this one to read out of a list.

A702820 - Foolproof Rice
wouldn't have picked this to read (I have a smiley - chef in the house and us boil in the bag anyway). I didn't like it - it describes one way to cook rice with onions. What if I don't want onions?

interesting experiment.

Post 76

Mu Beta

Bomba - I've tried the Papaya marinade and it's surprisingly good. It made some neat work of some rump end-cuts that my butcher let me have for next to nothing.

Unless you're a vegetarian, of course. In which case it might not be so good.

B

Post 77

U168592

Try it as a beef stir fry too. Very nice. smiley - ok

Post 78

Mu Beta

Sunday's always a good time to play this game:

A287363 (Xena Warrior Princess) - didn't particularly enjoy this as it happens. Brings to mind spotty teenage fan with not a lot to say for himself

A640036 (Tips on Buying A Computer) - OK, I guess, but didn't set my world alight.

A622540 (The Commodore Amiga) - Yah, geek-boredom syndrome kicks in again. Not going particularly well, this.

A883505 (Eddie Izzard) - Now that's more like it! Has immediately made me get up to put Definite Article on the DVD player.

A3970352 (William Bligh) - I'm not usually a big one on historical entries, but this is well-written and engaging and makes me think of James Mason. Although that could be Eddie Izzard again.

So only 2/5 today. smiley - sadface

And still hoping that someone will find one of my Entries one day. smiley - whistle

B

Post 79

U168592

A7413879 Orkney - An enjoyable summation of the place.

A1132129 Free Massively Multiplayer Online Games - Read the title. That's about it.

A793686 How to Make Your Own Coasters - Well! Rather enjoyed this one.

A672031 Paper Rounds - Okay, but I got a bit bored. A little too factual and not enough personal touches to really interest me, or inspire me to take up a paper round.

A795558 Filling in for the Stage Manager in an Amateur Production - Read the title, looked at the blob, then noticed I had a hole in my sock. Probably good, but not for me.

3/5

Average I feel.

Post 80

benjaminpmoore

Well I have a low attention span today, so this might not go so well. If anyone gets an entry rejected out of hand, don't take it personally

A988897 The 12 Labours of Hericles. 12? Not today, maybe another time..

A79508 The solar system. I may end up reading none of these today at this rate... smiley - smiley

A533774 Radiation Energy Detection Units - I'm too stupid to read stuff with long words in today.

A696116 The Lightning Seeds - the Band Phew. Really like the Lightning Seeds, so I read this one and enjoyed it.

A814899 Stoep-sitting. Obviously I shouldn't have done this today, I can hardly be bothered to read anything. Oh well, back to starring mindlessly at the wall. Maybe if I put some lightning seeds on...

Key: Complain about this post