A Conversation for Ask h2g2

What attracts you?

Post 361

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

smiley - huh'V area'.. Vacuum area? Whatever can he mean...

What attracts you?

Post 362

Baconlefeets

I think he means areas covered in varicose veins.

What attracts you?

Post 363

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

Oh smiley - ok

What attracts you?

Post 364

Lord Wolfden - Howl with Pride

Vagina \/ area

smiley - fullmoon

What attracts you?

Post 365

Baconlefeets

And I thought you meant the voice...

What attracts you?

Post 366

A Super Furry Animal

smiley - headhurtssmiley - wah

RFsmiley - evilgrin

What attracts you?

Post 367

Mrs Zen

Vagina \/ area....

What about clitorises? Can't we hear it for the clitoris, please, boys and girls?

B

What attracts you?

Post 368

redpeckhamthegreatpompomwithnobson

To be attracted by the clitoris must be quite difficult. I mean how often do you see someone with their clits on display, and think 'Oh yeah I really fancy her!'

I go for 'eyes'; they are mostly on display, giving me a huge quantity of people to choose from.

What attracts you?

Post 369

Mrs Zen

Well, I didn't raise the subject of female genitalia. I was just pointing out that to describe them as the Vagina Area is just a tad phallocentric.

B

What attracts you?

Post 370

Xanatic

Oh dear God.

What attracts you?

Post 371

Mrs Zen

My point exactly!

Vaginal orgasm: "Oh dear! God!"

Clitoral orgasm: "Oh, oh, oh, oh-god-oh-god-oh-god-oh-god-Oh.... My .... God......... Oh..... Ohhhhhh..... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

Ach, you get the idea.

smiley - run

B

What attracts you?

Post 372

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

I thought the vaginal orgasm/clitoral orgasm dichtomy was an obsolete Freudian thing?

What attracts you?

Post 373

smiley - laugh yeah Freud may have suggested that the vaginal one was more grown up. Some of us enjoy kiddishness!

What attracts you?

Post 374

Mrs Zen

Not in my \/ area, it isn't. smiley - blush I didn't know that Freud acknowledged clitoral orgasms at all, actually?

B

What attracts you?

Post 375

Mrs Zen

Simulpost!

Freud simply couldn't stand the idea of women not having penis-envy. The thought that the best female orgasms are not induced by penises would have *really* scared him.

There was one strand of feminist analysis in the 1970s which suggested that Freud actually suffered from sublimated womb-envy. smiley - evilgrin

B

What attracts you?

Post 376

I thought he did, but suggested they were inferior to the proper vaginal ones! Actually I couldn't give a toss whether he did or not. I know what I like.....smiley - smiley

What attracts you?

Post 377

yeah Melanie Klein talked about blokes envy cos they can't have kids!

All this stuff may be true or not, but when you're getting it on, it's all a bit silly smiley - somersault

What attracts you?

Post 378

Mrs Zen

smiley - ok

What attracts you?

Post 379

BouncyBitInTheMiddle

Freud's idea was the clitoral orgasms were immature.

I think, but take with a grain of salt what I think because I'm a historian and not a cutting edge researcher on sexual psychology smiley - winkeye, that the modern idea is that all orgasms are primarily clitoral.

What attracts you?

Post 380

Mrs Zen

Hang on bouncy, you can't have it both ways! You were saying that you thought the clitoral / vaginal dichotomy was old hat, and now you are saying that you think that most orgasms are clitoral anyway. smiley - huh

Actually, seems to me, from the Penis thread if nothing else, that it is not really possible to generalise about the female orgasm at all.

B

Key: Complain about this post