A Conversation for Ask h2g2

20 questions game - animal, vegetable or mineral.

Post 101

typolifi

2) Is it edible?

Post 102

Teasswill

2. The vegetable part is.

Post 103

typolifi

3) Do you eat it on special occasions rather than on regular basis?

Post 104

Teasswill

3. Yes

Post 105

Belle {Stunning red-head, more insane than brilliant, really... Keeper of the Top Ten lists...CDN}

4. Can the mineral, veggitable and animal parts be taken apart?

Post 106

Teasswill

4. Yes

Post 107

Belle {Stunning red-head, more insane than brilliant, really... Keeper of the Top Ten lists...CDN}

(*aside* This is just one object still?)

Post 108

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

(5) Does it always come in one piece, as opposed to you having to assemble the constituent parts yourself?

Post 109

Teasswill

(Remember animal connections means associated with/used by animal not literally joined.)

5. No

Post 110

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

(No. "Animal" means it is, or is derived from part of, an animal. "Meat" would be "Animal", as would "Leather", "Ivory", "Bacteria", "Wool" or any object made from such things. "Associated with" and "Used by" an animal is irrelevant. The same principle goes for "Vegetable" and "Mineral". On this basis do you want to revise any of your answers before we go any further?)

Post 111

Teasswill

I'm playing according to the original radio programme 20 questions format. If you wish to take it otherwise, delete 'animal connections' from the object, but answers stay the same.

Post 112

I didn't pick up on the subtleties of "Animal connections" being different from "Animal"... smiley - erm

(6) Is the mineral part a container?

Post 113

Lady in a tree

(7) Is it a tube of Pringles smiley - crispssmiley - drool

Post 114

typolifi

I think I have an idea...

Post 115

Teasswill

Peet, you were quite right that 'animal' could be derived from animal, not actual animal - I should have said associated with rather than connections - a matter of semantics!

6. Yes

7. No

Post 116

With apologies for the brief interruption smiley - smiley...

You can now play 20 questions against a computer!... (well, a huge and moderately smart database, really)... it's actually quite good, I just played and it guessed "electric shaver" correctly after 19 questions...

http://q.20q.net/q.cgi

Go for the 'anonymous login' link smiley - ok

Normal service now resuming... smiley - silly

Post 117

(8) Would the vegetable part commonly be fed to a pet?

Post 118

(That link is pretty darn smiley - cool! It guessed "A Lightbulb" in 18, even though it disagreed with two of my answers! smiley - wow)

Post 119

Teasswill

8. No

Post 120

(9) Is the vegetable part a liquid at body temperature?

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more