A Conversation for Ask h2g2

20 questions game - animal, vegetable or mineral.

Post 41

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

16. yes, its commonly found in the kitchen (well, in my kitchen, maybe not everyone's).

thanks for recapping smiley - ok

Post 42

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

(17) Is it commonly found outside the kitchen?

(On that note I have to get some sleep... There should be enough info there for Egon to finish off... smiley - nahnah If it's all over by morning, thanks for the game, kea - it was fun! smiley - ok)

Post 43

kea ~ Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small, unregarded but very well read blue and white website

yes, it is commonly found outside the kitchen too (in 2 main places)

(yes, its lunchtime here now smiley - winkeye... thanks for the interesting questions smiley - smiley)

Post 44

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - yikes Is this still going?!?

I'll have a think, and get back to you in a few minutes...

Post 45

(18) Would it generally be considered to be a tool for manipulating something else?

Post 46

Teasswill

18. Is it composed of solely one material?

Post 47

(lets queue that one as (19)... smiley - smiley)

Post 48

yes and yes.

smiley - smiley

given that we are up to Q. 19, do you want a clue?

Post 49

OK, go for it... smiley - erm

Post 50

Oops, too late. smiley - wah It's my bedtime again, and I have to be up early. smiley - yawnsmiley - runsmiley - zzz

Post 51

ok, as well as finding it in the kitchen you would find it in the dining room and in a chinese restaurant. usually in the plural, although i was thinking of just one.

smiley - smiley

Post 52

(20) Is it a chopstick? smiley - biggrin

Post 53

yes!

smiley - oksmiley - smiley

do you want to have a go then?

Post 54

Okay... smiley - biggrin

I have an object in mind; it's... mineral. smiley - zen

Post 55

arwen, doing nasty essays. being a student should *not* involve work!

(1) is it mined?

Post 56

(1) yes (or pedantically, no)

(Arewn, fyi, "mineral" means anything that isn't animal or vegetable; it can be an object made of stone or metal, a compound such as iron oxide (rust) or pretty much any mechanical artefact. In this case, I'm thinking of an object - the material it's made of is mined, but the object itself is manufactured...)

Post 57

ok, thanks for that.
2) is it metal?

Post 58

(2) Yes

Post 59

is it bigger than a shoebox? (say approx size 7?!)

Post 60

Yes. ( Although I know of people who use a shoebox instead... </cryptic&gtsmiley - winkeye

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more