A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Who has the world's weirdest cat?

Post 521

STRANGELY STRANGE ( A brain on a spring )

Human/animal medication isn't a new thing, Kepra is used as a horse tranquilizer and human treatment too, it may even have been used on animals before being used on humans!

Post 522

Spaceechik, Typomancer

SS, I realize that there are crossovers. I just had never heard of birth control pills being used on HUMANS to suppress an autoimmune disorder, let alone cats.

smiley - cool Yeti slippers, by the way... smiley - envy

Post 523

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Hi Big Red, great to see you.

I thought about it, too... smiley - winkeye

Post 524

Sho - employed again!

is my smiley - blackcat weird?
Usually I buy the pet-shop own-brand kitten food, but smiley - chef hates to go to 2 shops, so last time he did the shopping he just went to the supermarket and bought the W-brand kitten food.

And smiley - blackcat doesn't like it.

Post 525

logicus tracticus philosophicus

I've certainly never seen it before, they do say our pets learn an awful lot from watching us, pussie's do tend to keep watching us in the hope of attention

Post 526

Big Red

(waves enthusiastically to Space Cadette)

That doesn't sound unusual. Cats can be so picky about their food; I've heard that one thing that will MAKE them picky is changing brands frequently. Our vet has said put them on one food as kittens when they'll eat anything and just keep them on it. Don't even mess with different flavors. I bet that if you go back to the other food the cat will eat again.

Post 527

psychocandy-moderation team leader

Our cat used to eat grocery store food, until he and his daddy (my better half smiley - winkeye) moved in. Now he eats a natural blend of dry food, with a bit of vet formula canned stuff at dinnertime, to help prevent hairballs (he's very long haired). He's become quite finicky in regards to being fed the better food, and turns up his nose at anything less. He's also gotten picky in regards to the treats.

Hope your smiley - blackcat either eats his new food, or gets the old stuff back soom, Sho. If kitty really won't eat it, perhaps try what I've done, and put the rejected food out for neighborhood strays- just not too near your home.

Post 528

Sho - employed again!

I gave the uneaten-unopened food to the animal rescue people and went back to his old brand (which was on a three for two offer yesterday -yaaay)

and he's chomping away happily

Post 529

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Of course he's happy, once again he has reasserted his dominance over his large, goofy pets... smiley - laugh

I have a bag of very expensive Indoor Cat (read, your cat's fat and won't get off the couch... smiley - winkeye) Formula which has been soundly rejected by both of my trainers...er, cats. smiley - blush

Post 530

U6619940

I make my living by painting strange cats. He's a photo of me and a picture.

http://www.geocities.com/snallp/meANDbigMOGGET.jpg

Post 531

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

That's really good

Post 532

azahar

Very kewl, wing - have you got a webpage?

My cats will eat anything. The way Sunny hoovers up his ridiculously expensive Hill's bikkys almost makes me weep. I've had to change types of food several times over the last 12 years or so ... the vet always tells me I should mix some of the new stuff with the old stuff so my cats won't reject it. Ha. Basically, if it's food, they'll eat it.

I have heard of cats that are fussy eaters - in fact some producer of vile supermarket catfood uses this concept in their ads. But I've never experienced this myself. Probably because if my cats won't eat what I give them it just sits there until they do. I mean, they are hardly about to starve to death. I also find making a big fuss over them while they are eating helps them enjoy their meals more ... well, who likes to eat alone? smiley - smiley

az

Post 533

U6619940

>Very kewl, wing - have you got a webpage?

Thank you (both).
Yes, you can see some more here.I must get round to doing a proper website

http://www.geocities.com/sparesite1/sparesitehomepage

Post 534

Lady in a tree

smiley - wow wing! I love those paintings!!

I have just checked out your website and looked at all the other ones you've done...and saw most of them were already sold. smiley - sadface

I hope you are really successful - and outsell those Doug Hyde doggies and Govinder cats!

smiley - ok Good luck!

Post 535

Sho - employed again!

oh wing, they're gorgeous!

Post 536

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Wow, wing, I really like that picture! My cats tend to curl up around each other, at times, with the most plaintive little look on their mugs...

I know just how they feel, I've had days like that...

SC

Post 537

Yelbakk

Well, now that it is picture time...

Here is a pic of Serge, one of our six lovely cats. Serge (or in this picture, rather Evil Eye Cat) is weird in his own way. He does not like things to be too quiet. One day, when apparently too little excitement was around to excite this monster, he started eyeing the room (with about that look on his face) looking for chaos to create. He finally decided on The Cupboard - climbing up a door and jumping onto the cupboard, from where he proceded to throw everything stored there down gravity's way... Items thrown included a large sleeping bag and traveling suitcase, the target area being our bed. With us lying in it.

It should also be mentioned that Serge is also known by the name of Calamity...

http://www.filchs-besenkammer.de/fotoalbum/col56-14116/DSC05270.JPG

Post 538

Sho - employed again!

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh smiley - evilgrin suits him perfectly

Post 539

U6619940

Thank you to all those whom gave kind words.

>I have just checked out your website and looked at all the other ones you've done...and saw most of them were already sold.

I assure you, I have plenty more, it's just that I don't get much time to upload them. I've put a few more up in the 'shop'...and you are in central London on Sundays, I'm usually on the Bayswater Rd (Lancaster Gate) with all the other artists, so you can see them in the flesh.

Post 540

Big Red

Hee hee! Wing, they are really funny. I can tell that you really know your cats.

(waves to Azahar)

Key: Complain about this post