A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Who has the world's weirdest cat?

Post 441

Koshana

Sweetcorn. All my cats have been crazy about sweetcorn . . . not sure what there is about sweetcorn - but they go crazy for the stuff! Tinned - whole kernel and not the mushy one. . . . .

Mouse (the cat) - (she's called mouse cause she doesn't mieow - she squeeks - which I guess in weird in itself . . but ok - ) Mouse's best friend is my cross collie/chow dog. In winter Mouse would climb onto Honeybear's back and cuddle up to keep warm . . now she just snoogs up to her in passing. They play catch across the lawn . . . well its more like tag really . . one chases and one runs till she's caught and then its of in the other direction.

Ming-Ming is the other family member and is a bit of a primadonna . . . she doesn't mind either of them but remains aloof . . .

Saw a fabulous fridge magnet the other day -

"Women and cats can and will do what they want, when they want . . . men and dogs just need to get used to that".

smiley - biggrin

Post 442

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

I had one many years ago, a Proper pasty has an sweet part to it, the end of the pasty was usually Apple or jam so the tin miners had a full meal in the mine, the reason the edge of the pasties are that thick layer of pastry is so that the miners could hold it with dirty hands and throw that bit away, legend has it that the miners would throw the last piece of their pasty to the 'Knockers', the spirit's of miners killed in accidents, they believed that if they fed the 'knockers' they would be safe from accidents.

It's amazing what you pick up while watching childrens TV

Post 443

The Groob

Today my cat sneaked up behind my other cat, pounced on him, pinned him down, hissed at him then ran off.

Post 444

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Try this for cornish pasty recipies

http://www.cornishlight.co.uk/cornish-pasty.htm

Post 445

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Reefgirl,

Thanks for the recipe! I tried it yesterday; not quite like my mom's but WAY better than the Tudor House ones!

SC

p.S. -- my supermarket must be more cosmo than I thought -- Branston's Pickle Relish, by Cr*sse & Bl**kwell, 10.9 oz, jar, for $5.49 (which leaves me to believe that it would be even more untouchable at Rose Tree Cottage! smiley - winkeye )

Post 446

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Koshana said,

"Sweetcorn. All my cats have been crazy about sweetcorn . . . not sure what there is about sweetcorn - but they go crazy for the stuff! Tinned - whole kernel and not the mushy one. . . . . "

One of my cats (from the bunch before my current two), Gremlin, used to love Niblets canned corn. I didn't eat it, but I'd buy her a small tin, which she would beg for until it was gone over a period of a couple of days -- had to show her the empty tin, or she'd go in the trash for it!

SC

Post 447

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

smiley - ok

Post 448

hellboundforjoy

Bingers has decided he likes ice cubes.

Post 449

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Ice cubes?!?

How on earth does he get his mouth around them? Does he just like to bat them about, or something like?

Just how big IS this cat, anyway? smiley - winkeye

SC

Post 450

hellboundforjoy

He sticks his face into my glass after I've finished drinking the beverage and there's only ice. He can tell when I'm down to ice. And he licks the ice. Or if I won't let him cause I'm still eating the ice, he bugs me until I give him a piece and he licks that until it is too small for him to keep in one place then he insists I give him another one. smiley - weird

Post 451

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Pompey and Emma like to take the cheese of mum's cheese and biscuits that she eat's in bed and Masky will drink the milk out of her glass, so mum has to hide her bedtime snack otherwise it gets stolen

Post 452

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

*blows the dust off thread, re-opens it for business*

The smiley - cat I started this thread for, idgitsmiley - cat, is no longer with the family. smiley - cry

However, I do have a new smiley - cat, BooBoo, who is just as weird in her own way. Some of her favorite things in life include:

*Bottlecap soccer on the linoleum floor.

*Running out the door when I let the smiley - dogsmiley - dog out, even though she hates it inside and will be yowling to be let back in in a matter of minutes.

*And, weirdest of all, she enjoys gardening. Specifically, "helping" me work with my houseplants. When I water, she tries to drink the water coming out of the can. And if I don't water ALL the plants, she gets upset, starts meowing and rubbing around any that I don't water! When I repot, she watches closely, then comes over and tamps the dirt very carefully for me. And her favorite places to lay around the house are where there are plants to cuddle up with. Must have been a gardener in a former life...

Hope the thread revives, I could use some good cat stories!

smiley - cheers

Post 453

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

If I go to the post box which is about 15 steps away from my front door Masky will sit at the gate and howl pitifully like I'm leaving and never coming back, in fact a neighbour once asked my if the cat was hurt as she was making such a noise

Post 454

rangerjustice (formerly warrior ranger)

Surprisingly, for a Siamese mix, this smiley - cat doesn't usually have too much to say out loud. She does, however, lay around and mutter to herself when she's doing the "kitty zen" thing, and she snores nearly as loudly as my dogs! smiley - yikes

Post 455

hellboundforjoy

I meantioned my mom's cat Chuck earlier in this thread. My own pets and I have moved out with her and Chuck is still busy bringing in leaves. He must bring in several a day cause there's always a pile of them in the living room. He likes the ones that fall off the neighbor's tropical plant. He brings them in and drops them and meows till someone acknowledges his catch.

He's pretty old now. He's got a cateract in his left eye and it's recently gotten all swollen and may have to be removed altogether.smiley - yuk He's very good about the eyedrops we have to give him.

Post 456

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Warrior Ranger, sorry to hear about Idgit. I'm glad you have a new friend though -- life is too tame without wildlife around the house.

Rocket and Missy are about the same, but the fave toy now is little plastic dinosaurs. Go figure.

SC

Post 457

pheloxi | is it time to wear a hat? |

YOOPI!

new cat stories!

thank you cat owners!

Post 458

Lady in a tree

Tasha still has her piece of string...she brings it to me every day. When she goes (which won't be for a very long time I hope) the string goes with her. She loves her string! smiley - love

Post 459

Reefgirl (Brunel Baby)

Our cat's have a knitted mouse which makes them all go silly

Post 460

Meg

The owner of the stray I found last year claimed him eventually. She phoned to ask why I'd put a collar on her cat. I had to admit this wasn't the only thing I'd done to him.....
He'd been treated for earmites, fleas and worms. we'd had him vaccinated against every preventable cat disease. We'd contacted cat charities and vets and put up "found" posters and when no-one claimed him after 2 months we paid for him to have the snip. The owner admitted she'd not done any of the above as she's on benefits. Since last year we've actively discouraged the cat but he still spends a majority of his time at our house. I feel so mean shooing him away when he's chosen us to be withsmiley - sadface
On a lighter note we found another stray last week. A very old and nearly bald female cat up a tree in the garden. I would have ignored her but she looked such a state that I captured her. She was ravenous and ate some really cheap catfood that my cats won't touch! Her collar had come loose, and was tight around her waist, with no ID tag attached. It had rubbed her hind legs raw we locked her in a bedroom - to protect her from my tomcats and made "found" posters.
A lovely woman claimed her 2 days later, by which time she was looking much better. She had been missing for 2 months from the other end of my street!
Do you think there's a sign outside my house saying welcome all strays?

Key: Complain about this post