Petty Hates

Post 16141

Bluebottle

I did wonder what that came from...smiley - huhsmiley - offtopic

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16142

Smudger879n

I've recently found a new pet hate,..........Time wasters when you are selling stuff on Gu***ee, they are so annoying! when they don't turn up as arrangedsmiley - grr

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 16143

Teasswill

PH: Relevant to Ladies..
People who stuff sanitary waste bins full of toilet paper/tissues/other rubbish so pretty much unusable. Third week the bin in both staff loos in the hospital where I work has been full smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 16144

Baron Grim

I wish I could remember the quote from Gene Belcher on the episode of _Bob's Burgers_ I was watching last night. Something about there being a mailbox in the ladies room.

Ah! Found it.

"The girls’ bathroom is nice! Each stall has a tiny metal mailbox. I’m glad I was carrying around that postcard for Ken."

smiley - rofl

Petty Hates

Post 16145

Baron Grim

PH: Error 524

I've been seeing this too often this week. This is the error I see in My Convos pop-up when I lose connection to the h2g2 Ripley servers.

Petty Hates

Post 16146

ITIWBS

The problem originates with an updates mega-dump last Thursday or Friday, putting about a third of gigabyte of new code aboard on my system, for example.

When the update process contractors do that, rather than pacing updates to minimize impact, they create an internet wide potential for system crashes, including not only the personal systems of individual users, but also those of websites and server.

If they don't know any better than that, they're incompetent.

Implications of that last sentence intended.

PH: Update system megadumps.

PH: Full-screen advertising pop-ups plastered all over other people's websites.

On the latter, something that came up with the second most recent update mega-dump as a trojan carried by the update process.

Petty Hates

Post 16147

Teasswill

Today's PH: Vital appliance that fails just before a holiday. In this case, our fridge.

Petty Hates

Post 16148

swl

Punish it by not taking it with you on holiday. That'll learn it.

Petty Hates

Post 16149

Bluebottle

Unless of course you're Tony Hawks. 'Round Ireland without a Fridge' just doesn't have the same ring to it…

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16150

Icy North

Personally, I'd never take my fridge over troubled water.

Petty Hates

Post 16151

Bluebottle

Especially not if it's a fridge too far.

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 16152

Teasswill

It'll be the fridge of sighs soon - on its way to fridge heaven.

Petty Hates

Post 16153

Pink Paisley

Torture it into working again. Fwidges are hydwophobic. Hold it over wunning water to weduce it to tears.

Make The Fridge over the Wiver Cwy.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 16154

swl

smiley - facepalm

smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 16155

ITIWBS

...meanwhile the frost buildup that came with monsoonal haze is still growing...

...crisis defrosting in the offing...

Petty Hates

Post 16156

Smudger879n

The Jobsworth" who sent my Blue Badge renewal form back to me, because I hadn't ticked ONE BOX on page 8,

Why didn't she show it to me on the day she signed it when I was there?

She could have just out a tick in the box, instead of sending the whole lot back to mesmiley - grr

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 16157

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

Had she been useful, or even helpful somebody would have had to revoke her bureaucrat license.

They are only interested is how many people they can serve in a shift, customer satisfaction means nothing. If they can delay your benefits for a few more weeks it means more profit for their next raise.

The biggest lie in the universe 'I am here from the Government, I want to help you.'

F smiley - dolphin S

Petty Hates

Post 16158

Cheerful Dragon

I know I thought of a number of Petty Hates while I was on holiday, but I can only remember two of them. Both are related to public toilets.

1. Small cubicles. Most are fine, but I've encountered some where I had to squeeze between the wall and the toilet to get the door closed. Women's toilets are particularly bad for this as we have the added obstacle of the sanitary disposal bin (aka mailbox smiley - winkeye).

2. Badly arranged toilet rooms. I used the disabled toilet at a Service area near Edinburgh. For some reason, the hand drier was sited next to the toilet where the toilet paper holder should have been. The toilet paper holder was on the opposite wall, barely within reach. I'm about average height for a woman. Anyone shorter than me would have trouble with it.

Petty Hates

Post 16159

You can call me TC

Back to my continual PH - it's 12 midday here in Central Europe and when I log in to h2g2 nothing has happened. It's only after my lunch hour has finished that the UK come out to play.

Petty Hates

Post 16160

You can call me TC

That's excluding CD's last post here, of course. I agree entirely. I have been in loos where the automatic hand dryer goes off when you come in the door, (from outside, not into the cubicle) and others where you can't avoid starting the things off with your bottom.

Key: Complain about this post