A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 14661

Cheerful Dragon

Nobody likes *a* smart arse. Lots of people like Smartarse.smiley - hug

Petty Hates

Post 14662

Smudger879n

Why is it that when I'm pottering about the house, I can hear the TV, yet every time I get a minute to sit down, the adverts come on.smiley - wah

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 14663

ITIWBS

We wanted you to think that of course.

Makes it e@sier to control the factionals.

Then all you have to do is tie a string of tin cans to their tails, give the assembled group of factionals the idea that the ones with tin cans represent(s) a rival faction and they're off with a clatter! smiley - mouse

Petty Hates

Post 14664

winnoch2 - Impostair Syndromair Extraordinaire

I clear my throat a lot. I just do. A petty hate of mine is when people think i am hinting something at them because I just cleared my throat. An example is when I'm walking behind someone in the street. I might be quite happily walking at the same pace as them, but then I clear my throat and the person assmues I'm trying to get their attention, apologises, moves aside, then I have to walk faster than I wanted to, so that I can keep ahead of them ! smiley - wah

Petty Hates

Post 14665

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Just say you were clearing your throat for heaven's sake.

Here, like this: "Oh, no, I'm just clearing my throat. Pay of no mind."

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14666

Lusus

Alternatively, point at them, give them the evil eye and say 'I'm watching you!!' smiley - evilgrinsmiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 14667

smiley - rolleyes

People try so hard to avoid conflict that they just wind up creating even MORE conflict.

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14668

Dr Anthea - ah who needs to learn things... just google it!

todays Ph: that sort of sick nervous feeling that I get when I have to go into new situations... perhaps I should just go back to bed

Petty Hates

Post 14669

loonycat - run out of fizz

smiley - towel
PH Not being able to relax or sleep long enough. Turns into a vicious circle smiley - yawn

Petty Hates

Post 14670

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

PH: The way I NEVER have to get up and go to the loo at 4am at home, but when I'm camping and it's cold and wet out and I'm in a snuggly sausage roll of blankets and really DON'T want to move, without fail my bladder's all like "hey! I'm full now!" at four in the smiley - bleeping morning!

Petty Hates

Post 14671

ITIWBS

Games children play in politics, 'king of the mountain', 'choose up sides and kill each other', devolving sometimes on 'hide and seek'....

Petty Hates

Post 14672

swl

PH - Food poisoning. 5 days of utter misery now.

On the bright side, I've lost nearly a stone smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 14673

Pastey

People taking an idea you've come up with, and instead of the help they've promised, changing it into something else without consulting you, and publishing and promoting the new version as their own thing.

Getting a bit sick of this happening now. smiley - erm

Petty Hates

Post 14674

Smudger879n

Aye! I know what you mean, been there done that, T shirt in the wash.

Funny thing is, when I suggested plans and improvements, they were scoffed at, yet when I left a couple of months later, they introduced them all and said they were top managements ideas? smiley - erm

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Petty Hates

Post 14675

swl

I used to get upset at stuff like that until I learned it was inevitable and turned it to my advantage.

Petty Hates

Post 14676

Pastey

I don't get upset by it, it's just a petty hate.

Petty Hates

Post 14677

swl

Oh I used to get upset at it smiley - biggrin

Petty Hates

Post 14678

Reality Manipulator

My pet hate is not being able to understand the lyrics of pop songs, I hear a few words of the song but not the rest of the song.

My other pet hate are modern idioms used in every day speech which I have to go online to find the meaning.

Petty Hates

Post 14679

I hate the sun. I hate it so much....

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14680

Pink Paisley

People starting the first line of an answer with the word 'so'. I've heard lots of this over the last few weeks. Yes politicians, I'm looking at you.

PP.

Key: Complain about this post