A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 14541

Deb

Quotes: "even though a lot of that 'stuff' doesn't really achieve anything:-other than keeping us busy, of course."

Ah, yes, housework...

You do it. Then you have to do it again quite soon after. And so on, and on, and on...

Can you tell my petty hate is housework?

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 14542

quotes

Deb, I can't help feeling that in these days where robot cars can drive themselves around the streets, and we can land things on passing asteroids, that a self-cleaning and self-tidying house shouldn't be a problem.

Petty Hates

Post 14543

Bluebottle

...Possibly not a house in which my kids live, alas...

<BB<

Petty Hates

Post 14544

Pink Paisley

What is this 'rest of the 'net' of which you speak?

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 14545

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Ah, well you see h2g2 is really just one small part of a larger cosmic fishing net. You cast it into cyber space, and unsuspecting people swim into it and become trapped. TRAPPED!!

I expect you haven't noticed because of all the other people pressing down upon you.

smiley - schooloffish

Petty Hates

Post 14546

Deb

A self-cleaning house...a what a pleasant dream...smiley - sigh

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 14547

quotes

It's probably possible now, I'd have thought. Look what's available in the kitchen; a robot chef:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1aeBnXNNL4

Petty Hates

Post 14548

Pastey

Seriousmy petty hate this morning, but People Who Lie In And Miss Gloriously Sunny Mornings.

It's absolutely lovely out there this morning, yet so many people will miss it because they're asleep. And when they wake up, and it's cloudier, they'll moan about the weather.

Petty Hates

Post 14549

Mr. X ---> "Be excellent to each other. And party on, dudes!"

Hey man, not everyone cares. smiley - tongueincheek

Some of us even prefer the clouds.... smiley - zzz

smiley - pirate

Petty Hates

Post 14550

Pink Paisley

I have just got in from an early morning walk taking in three geocaches. It was indeed lovely out there. Fabulous. I'm glad there were plenty of people left in bed.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 14551

quotes

It's true that often the early walker can enjoy the sun, before it clouds over, and indeed we often leave at 7.45 on a walk, and on returning at 10.15ish find that people are still in bed, having missed it all.

Petty Hates

Post 14552

Teasswill

Are people still geocaching? My son did it some 12 years ago.

Petty Hates

Post 14553

KB

Oh yeah! It's still very popular.

I started off a community walking group a while ago, and they loved geocaching. For people who wouldn't necessarily be too enthusiastic about hiking for its own sake, it seems to add a bit of incentive and extra enjoyment, too.

I don't really bother with it myself, though. I'm happy enough just enjoying the walk for itself. (Also because I don't use a GPS device, and the GPS on my phone drains the batteries like a nightmare!)

Petty Hates

Post 14554

Pink Paisley

Too many people are geocaching. The game is so dumbed down that you would hardly recognise it from 12 years ago. The countryside is filling up with film cannisters and many 'geocachers' chasing numbers enjoy caches set in lay-bys. So you hardly even have to get out of the car.

Grrr.

This is a petty hate.

PP.

Petty Hates

Post 14555

Teasswill

PH I find myself more & more saying 'when I was younger we had/did so & so..' to my younger colleagues.

Petty Hates

Post 14556

KB

PH: when you're reading a book, and there's some random sub-plot that the author seems to forget about half-way through. You're left at the end thinking, "Hold on. So what was the point of that cat burglar with the brown suede shoes in chapter 4? smiley - huh"

Petty Hates

Post 14557

Pastey

KB, I fully sympathise with that one. From both a reader and an author's perspective!

Petty Hates

Post 14558

Sho - employed again!

the chap at Düsseldorf main station who finds it necessary to drive his floor cleaning machine (a sit-on affair) through the main concourse at 7:15 when the place is absolutely packed
#cometherevolution

Petty Hates

Post 14559

ITIWBS

On posts 14556 & 7, dangling plot threads, treat it as cliff hanger or edit out of the completed or condensed version.

Of course, most of real life is really like that.

Petty Hates

Post 14560

Cheerful Dragon

Truth *is* stranger than fiction. Fiction ought to make sense!

Key: Complain about this post