A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 421

Bob Gone for good read the jornal

supervises calling to test you and telling you how xcrap you are in your second week at work.

Petty Hates

Post 422

Citizen S

People who don't move down on busy tubes or trains or don't even attempt to squeeze up a bit in the middle of carriage and carry on reading spreadsheet newspapers when there are really squashed people near door and others still trying to get on. If you ask them they may shuffle a few inches or not at all.
People who suck their teeth in annoyance - this is so insulting.
People who look annoyed or suck their teeth when you want to sit in a seat they have parked their shopping (or feet )on.

Petty Hates

Post 423

The Groob

People flicking through magazines in WHSmiths about 2 centimetres away from the stand and then looking offended when you ask them to move aside.

Petty Hates

Post 424

The Groob

Pop rant 1: I saw Ronan Keating being interveiwed on TV this morning. He said 'the music has always been more important than making money'. Thanks for giving me a good laugh this morning Mr K smiley - ok
If he wants to make a real contribution to the world of music he should retire. His voice has been desribed as being like "the mating call of a distressed goose".

Petty Hates

Post 425

The Groob

Pop rant 2: Just seen a documentary about wealthy music stars. One guy talking about Robbie Williams said "Robbie Williams is the guy that all girls want to sleep with and all guys want to be". This really p***ed me off. Firstly I don't want to be Mr RW (Being a reformed drug addict and being able to have any superficial relationship I choose doesn't appeal), and secondly I don't like twits in the media having opinions on my behalf.

Petty Hates

Post 426

Lady in a tree

People (men) that stand and drink at the bar when the pub is half empty. Get your drink and move away so other people can get to the bar to order their drinks without having to squeeeeeeze in and feel intimidated. Please.

Petty Hates

Post 427

Random person

Smoking. Especially in public places. If you are that desperate to kill yourself, go do it somewhere in private rather than breathing smoke on those people who do not share your attraction to inhaling carcinogens, and then (I can't emphasise this enough) put your cigarette butt *in a bin*, and not on the floor. Every day I get a coach to school and have to wait for it with someone who smokes and then drops the cigarette butt onto the pavement. I do not need this at 7am.

Petty Hates

Post 428

The one and only BOB (Knight of the attack penguin puppet masters)(We are Susan Winkle. Join us. A1097363)

Manufactured boy bands.
They take everything that is good about music, remove it and give us what is left.

Petty Hates

Post 429

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Sorry TopCat, that'll be me then smiley - blush But I don't drop fag ends.

People that don't signal at roundabouts.

smiley - ale

Petty Hates

Post 430

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Sorry, Lady I meant.

smiley - ale

Petty Hates

Post 431

psychocandy-moderation team leader

The man who pushes his snack cart back and forth up and down my street all afternoon, honking his wocka-wocka horn over and over and over until I want to lob a brick out the window at him. smiley - steam

Petty Hates

Post 432

No_One_Special

Ice-cream vans that never stop in my street.

Petty Hates

Post 433

The Groob

Blazin Squad. I've just seen them on Top Of The Pops. Surely that's a p**s take? There should be a law against brain washing the next generation with that claptrap. If they want to act like Americans they should go and live there.

Petty Hates

Post 434

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

Men (I should say people but it is almost always men) that have really strong and pungent BO when they are at the gym.

We are all exercising, we all sweat, but some of us wash between visits and use antiperspirant/deodorant beforehand. The gag-making stench coming off of these guys makes it extremely difficult for me to do my workout because I am trying to do aerobic exercise without actually having to breathe any of it in smiley - yuk

Petty Hates

Post 435

Oh god, Kelli, I hear that one! I nearly passed out at the gym one day last week on account of some guy's overpowering BO. smiley - ill

Bad table manners. Why must some people be so uncouth? I've got a friend who thinks it's terribly clever to belch loudly at the table in restaurants- 'in some countries, that's a compliment'... well, this isn't one of them, I'm afraid.

People who stand behind me on the train and insist on trying to push their briefcase, shopping bag, laptop, etc., up my butt crack. I finally turned around the other day and told some guy 'no matter how hard you push, it's not going to fit there'. smiley - steam

... Oh, and my roommmate. Everything about him gets on my last nerve. smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 436

The Groob

Hmmm, the tube seems to be a meeting point for all the annoying people in the world. One day I'm gonna abduct one of them and tattoo on their forehead in big letters "Let people get off the train first".

Petty Hates

Post 437

You do encounter some of the oddest and rudest sorts of people on the trains. I've even had someone take a pee on my boot once. smiley - yuk

It wouldn't be nearly as bad if the Transit Authority would attach a couple extra cars during the rush hours, so that everyone wasn't packed together like so many sardines. It just brings out all the worst in people.

Petty Hates

Post 438

The Groob

Realising the instant that you click on 'post message' that you could have expressed something better.

Petty Hates

Post 439

Polly Math

TV producers who think programmes are boring without a thumping music soundtrack. Including one I saw with footage (and sound) of an erupting volcano, for heavens sake!
TV producers who can't keep the camera still for a moment.
In fact, modern TV producers generally. I just hope they don't notice that The Sky At Night hasn't had the treatment (Shh!)

Beige. I won't have it in the house if I can help it. It seems a waste of space, when there are so many good colours.

Petty Hates

Post 440

The Groob

I was gonna post about TV music. It's even more annoying when the music chosen is so predictable. For example, as soon as you see something about a balloon you know they're gonna play that "up and away in my beautiful balloon" song.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more