A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Petty Hates

Post 3861

GrumpyAlembic {Keeper of 143, comfort zones and vacillations }

Have you left for work yet?

It is not just the ones who are in front. As you pass into a speed limit there are those who feel that they must only slow down gradually, so if you have adjusted your speed to the correct limit the car behind is right up your 'Rs'. If you are really lucky they will back off and then zoom up to within a gnat's crotch and repeat the process until they either turn off, get to a speed check or flash by at the first available moment. Often they are using a mobile at the same time.

Rear ward CCTV would be nice.

Petty Hates

Post 3862

Br Robyn Hoode - Navo - complete with theme tune

I'm here smiley - sadface Starting at seven this week smiley - wah

Doesnt matter what time of day it is, you always get two doing it side by side unless I manage to get out there in front when the lights are red. Though I usually get overtaken at 50 then slowed down to 35 through the cam...

I know it's the old thing of everyone is the only person who can drive, right? But seriously, this one seems pretty black and white to me... Just drive at a steady pace and try not to get in other people's way!!!!! If you dont want to travel as quickly (i.e. You wish to stay well under the speed limit) MOVE THE smiley - bleep OVER!

Oh, another 'petty' hate?

People who drive around with their wing mirrors folded in. If you dont know why, hand in your driving licence NOW and never threaten other people's lives, cars and health with your pathetic ignorance again.

Petty Hates

Post 3863

You and me against the world.

I'm sure I've seen you on the road. Windows open stem issuing both ears, white knuckles, raised blood pressure. smiley - wah

Well maybe not.

Petty Hates

Post 3864

hahah... No, I grumble a lot but I'm very relaxed... There's absolutely NO point in getting stressed and white-knuckly... Sometimes I shout random obscenities (I love it.. It's fun) at people's retreating backs, but ALWAYS with a smile, never with 'hand signals' smiley - smiley It's my stress, I am not going to teach anyone a lesson by indicating my extreme displeasure, flashing my lights, beeping my horn and annoying people will not let them know they shouldnt have done whatever it was they did, and sometimes, despite my personal opinions, people dont know where they are going and arent very good at problem solving AND thinking AND driving at the same time, so when they dont know where to go, they WILL sometimes cut people up instead of living with their decisions and coming back for another go from their wrong turn...

Deep breath. Check body top to bottom, like running a hand down wet cloth to squish the water out, letting the tension dissipate down and out, relax and breathe in something good... Whether it's a rainbow in a drop of rain or a cheeky magpie on the road side watching a beetle, or a pleasant scent from a nearby tree/garden etc... And all is well with the world.

Petty Hates

Post 3865

eloisa

smiley - zen

smiley - laugh

Petty Hates

Post 3866

Just dont smiley - zen too much, you end up coasting to a gentle stop at an odd angle and REALLY annoying other drivers! lol

Petty Hates

Post 3867

eloisa

Some people are sooooo judgemental!

Petty Hates

Post 3868

I dont mind the judgements so much, myself, it's the people who assume they have the right to without justification, empathy or understanding that bug me smiley - smiley

Petty Hates

Post 3869

DaveBlackeye

Yes, people and speed limits. Why in dog's name does everyone round my way insist in driving at 40mph on the 60mph stretches of the nice smooth A-road to work, and then continue to do 40mph through the 30mph sections through busy villages?

And yes, even when they're doing 40 in a 60 zone, they SLOW DOWN for speed cameras. smiley - grr

Why do they insist on driving up my a**e even though I'm stuck behind someone myself? Why do they consistently fail to realise that I've got better brakes than they have? Why do they come flying round the blind bend where traffic is ALWAYS queueing at the lights and have to screech to a halt EVERY SINGLE BLOODY DAY?

Petty Hates

Post 3870

Deb

Take a big breath in...and on the out breath say to yourself "let it go".

I have to do this at least once on every journey after someone's cut me up, gone too slow, gone too fast, yada, yada, yada.

Other peoples' driving is not suitable for this discussion. It's not a petty hate. It's a @*!!!@!* huge one! smiley - grr

Take a big breath in.....

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 3871

the 40mph crew annoy the hell outta me!

But you are, of course, quite right, this is not the place, I apologise...

My latest petty hate is my boyfriend's boss banning me from the bar he works in, even as a paying customer. For no reason except that he has some sort of mismanagment style I've never had the misfortune to work under. Because upsetting your hard-working and easy-going staff by knowing less about their job than they do but still nit picking and micro-managing. Wrongly... REALLY helps breed loyalty and hard work, eh?

I know I'd get my boyfriend the sack if I did, but I really want to help this guy out(read: HAVE A WORD WITH HIM!) He's pouring so much energy into his bad managment, I could help him run that place more efficiently less stressfully and he'd have a fantastic team who would do anything for him. Instead he's destroying the cameraderie and good will. Not smart! smiley - grr

Petty Hates

Post 3872

Deb

Robyn, apologies - my post should have had a smiley - tongueincheek. When I said petty hates wasn't the place it was meant as a comment on how much more than petty the subject is. smiley - smiley

Deb smiley - cheerup

Petty Hates

Post 3873

Haha, no, you are right... It's far too meaningful and exciting for a petty wee thread like this! lol

Isnt it annoying when you get that twitch in the corner of your eye?

Petty Hates

Post 3874

Don't you hate cans of worms?smiley - magicsmiley - run

Petty Hates

Post 3875

The Groob

When I was driving, my response to someone driving two inches away from my back bumper and trying to hurry me along was a simple one...

Slowing down even more smiley - evilgrin

Petty Hates

Post 3876

My brake lights work on a feather touch before the brakes even engage... safe AND effective usually.

Petty Hates

Post 3877

EINMOTO - Bliss is better - N = R* fp ne fl fi fc L

Keep your knickers on Robyn ... relax!

My petty hate is standing behind an old dear in the supermarket and watching her or him sort out the right change.

Petty Hates

Post 3878

That was probably me!

I hate trying to sort out meself at the queue with the next person getting huffy.

'Life is too short to be in a hurry!' QOD from Grumpy.

Petty Hates

Post 3879

But there is SOME preparation you can do beforehand! (like, get your change ready while you're in the queue, at least sort the fluff and hankies from the cash...)

Petty Hates

Post 3880

I keep the change in one pocket with zip and notes like wise.

Its the pockets - they don't allow easy ferreting.

What about the young girl infront who gossips to her mate, the checkout girl and they continue to do so as your purchases are scanned - all done as though you don't exist.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more