A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Dust Bunnies

Post 41

Superkath

Scary thought...

Dust Bunnies

Post 42

Sidney Kidney, AKA Gruby Ben, friend of Dirty Den

You would see the evidence if they were elephants!!

Dust Bunnies

Post 43

Bumblebee

What? Footprints in the butter?
-B-

Dust Bunnies

Post 44

Superkath

Imagine the big hoovers we would need to get rid of dust elephants...
And big lockers to keep the hoovers in, and bign houses to keep the lockers in!

Dust Bunnies

Post 45

Now that **is** a scary thought!!!!

Dust Bunnies

Post 46

Ian The Moose

Maybe hoovers are actually dust bunnies/elephants in disguise. That's how they get the dust which is then distributed to make more bunnies!

Dust Bunnies

Post 47

Lupa Mirabilis, Serious Inquisitor

Of course! When the dust bunnies get big enough, they grow into vacuum cleaners, which collect dust and then reproduce.

Washingmashinesockeatingmonster

Post 48

Superkath

I realized something yesterday.
I was going to my parents house after work, and assambeled all my laundry in a rush before leaving my flat in the morning. (I am 28, but don't have a washingmashine...) I was not consentrating on the socks! I was consentrated on that black jumper (you know the one with a hood) I want to wear it on saturday, and the grey jeans, and the socks didn't seem that important! They are underestimated, those poor things. So small...
So - I've now got dirty socks I didn't find, like under the sofa etc, I've got clean socks with no match, and probably lost some for the Washingmashinesockeatingmonster in the cellar of my parents house.

Post 49

What a domesticated picture you paint Kath...smiley - smiley

Post 50

Superkath

I'm glad you liked it, Kid smiley - smiley

Post 51

Ian The Moose

I'm 19 and at university but up until September I lived at home. That's at home right - closed enviroment with regards laundry. There are four of us in the house, me, my brother and my parents. So how is it possible that we once found a sock in the washing machine that didn't belong to ANY of us? Just a completely random sock! If any further proof was needed that socks are sentinent, intelligent creatures with a purpose and a mission in life, there it is. In some way socks are more intelligent than humans - they must know what their meaning of life is. Socks have got it all worked out.

Post 52

Bumblebee

Stop waiving about with that hoover,
people can be *~~~~fffflop!*

-B-

Post 53

Vakuum

Who's sock was that anyway??
I guess it was the sock-nomes that forgot it there when they took their round...

Of course socks are intelligent creatures. If we just learn how to communicate on "sock's language" THEY could probably give us the right question.

Post 54

Superkath

Hoovers sock big time!

Post 55

Andy

Someone should write a book called the joy of socks

Dissapearing Socks

Post 56

lucan

the escapee socks are all here, in Elsewhere, with me. they'd like you all to know that they're much happier now...
smiley - smiley

Dissapearing Socks

Post 57

%The Calamitous Cranium Boy Who Just got his first approved article (eight weeks ago!!) ~/^Þ

Are you the same Lucan from ann's site (if you are, you'd know what I was talking about)

Dust Bunnies

Post 58

IOR

I know they come from outher space, did`n you know that ?
They rise in the down and die soon after but they do some
things before and thats what I wonder about....
I know because I com from Ior the planet far away and I don`t spell so good but I know......

Dissapearing Socks

Post 59

Researcher 100199

Of course the question of disappearing socks could be similar to that of disappearing biros. As we all know biros migrate through the space time continuum to a centre of biroid losss where they lead the biroid equivalent of the good life.

Perhaps there is also a socky centre where all estranged socks move to in the hope of finding a sole (sic) mate.

With the ultimate demise of thingamyjigs marketed by the Dolman Saxville Shoe Corporation to put on your whatsits then as we all evolve there may be no need to worry as socks may become redundant amyway!

Dissapearing Socks

Post 60

Researcher 100202

Why worry about missing socks?
GO BAREFOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Key: Complain about this post