A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 7701

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, Sa 31 Dec 2016 9:00pm PST

Spent the day putting in the front garden, still a lot to do.

Did a lot groundskeeping, seeding and watering, made up a batch of potting soil.

Watched some New Years fireworks one of the neighbors fired off, low level starburst rockets.

Called it a day, came indoors. Changed clothes and started settling down for the night.

Then there was a peal of rolling thunder and the sound of a torrent of rain hitting the roof.

Got online and wrote this up.

Still getting thunder punctuated by torrential rainfall.

Post 7702

ITIWBS

So next, in order to better enjoy the lightning, I turned off the outside lights and went out to sit on the porch to watch.

Most of the lightning was more than 10 miles away, down in Imperial county, some of it though, was here in Riverside county.

During a lull in the rain, one of other neighbors set off their fireworks.

Post 7703

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, Thurrock, South West Essex UK 08:40

A very frosty morning with a clear sky. The temperature is -2.4 °C and the apparent temperature is -4.7 °C. Barometer 1036.0 mb and the 1036.0 mb. Rising 0.7 mb/hr.

This will be the 8th frost event so far this far in Essex, a lot more in the past 3 winters.

Post 7704

ITIWBS

Rained again last night, cabbages begining to come up.

Post 7705

Smudger879n

My sister sent me a photo today if the snow they got yesterday in Holland, right after I left, so it seems I got away just in time.

Mind you it was -3c that day in the moring and +9c when I landed at Edinburghsmiley - winkeye

smiley - cheersSmudger.

Post 7706

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, CA, USA
Sa 7 Jan 2017 5:35pm PST

Weather still damp after recent rains, cabbage family plants along with yellow clover and miner's lettuce coming up in the garden.

The rain threatened for today postponed till Monday.

The satellite certainly looks as though there's some incoming weather, so long as its not intercepted or deflected by intervening mountains.

Post 7707

Saints 76

Rain, rain, and more rain. And getting colder . Barometer reads: 31.5inches at this moment

Post 7708

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

~ looking through my morning window, watching icicles drip,drip. . Pacific NW, USA. . . . smiley - bubbly . . .

Post 7709

ITIWBS

Coachella Valley, CA, USA
M 9 Jan 2017 8:00pm PST

The forecast rain for today fell through.

Dry today, with scattered clouds.

The first time in a couple of weeks the garden has actually needed watering, though I did miss a watering yesterday.

Post 7710

Reality Manipulator

The temperature early on this morning was -1.9 °C with a wind chill factor of -4.2 °C. Another lovely frosty start to the day. That makes about the 11th frosty morning of the winter so far in Thurrock. It is now 2.4 °C and it is a fine settled day with some sunny spells.

Post 7711

ITIWBS

Raining steadily and lightly, just enough the garden needs no attention.

Post 7712

bobstafford

Hard frost just for a change

Post 7713

Reality Manipulator

The weather in South Ockendon in Thurrock in SW Essex is -0.8 °C, and with the wind-chill (apparent) temperature of -1.0 °C. The dew point is -1.0 °C and the humidity is at 96% and has fallen from 98%. The cloudy base is at 228ft. It is a frosty morning and it has been forecast there will be for a few more frosty mornings to look forward to. The barometer 1037.0 mb, the Altimeter pressure is 1037.4 mb. The wind direction is ENE and the current wind speed is 1.6 mph. The Beaufort scale is F1. The readings were recorded at 08:30 .

Post 7714

Icy North

I can't compete with your statistics, so I drew a picture:

smiley - coolsmiley - island

Post 7715

ITIWBS

Still raining steadily.

A lot of fluffy white clouds hanging at the sea level thermocline, less than 200 meters overhead, though none at the moment directly over the Salton Sea.

Very picturesque against the backdrop of the foothills of the local 7000ft to 9000ft to 10,000ft mountain ranges.

Post 7716

Universal Granny

Southern England. 23.56 Cold, windy, damp, dark. Glad to be back indoors.

Post 7717

Reality Manipulator

Sunday 10th December 2017 14:03

It has been snowing since the early hours of this morning an has been snowing on an off. There has been light to moderate snow fall. Local weather forecast said that there it would rain heavily in South Ockendon.

smiley - snowmansmiley - snowmansmiley - snowmansmiley - snowmansmiley - snowmansmiley - snowmansmiley - snowballsmiley - llabwonssmiley - snowballsmiley - llabwonssmiley - snowballsmiley - llabwonssmiley - snowballsmiley - llabwonssmiley - snowballsmiley - llabwonssmiley - snowballsmiley - llabwons

Post 7718

ITIWBS

Su 10 Dec 2017, 6:22am

Local forecast for rain today and tomorrow, first rain of the season.

Planted out some tomatoes yesterday.

I hope the rain begins at sunset and continues all through the night.

Post 7719

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi there i brought it back ages ago then it died again lol

its cold wet here in bradford yorkshire time about 10-30am.

Post 7720

ITIWBS

First rain of the season today in the Coachella Valley, CA.

No snowfall as yet in the mountains, at least that I've seen.

Driest Autumn and Winter I've ever seen locally.

Nice to have a little rain once in a while to clear the air.

Key: Complain about this post