A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 6121

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 17 September 15:54

It's a cold day.

Sunny morning with partly cloudy skies but by lunch time the sun disappeared and the sky completely clouded over.

The temperature is 16°C and the winds are of 16 ENE mph.

Saturday will be the first day of autumn.

Post 6122

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 18 September 18:06

It has been a very strange day for weather, first thing this morning there was partly cloudy skies with sunshine and by late morning it clouded over as was very cold and windy. The by tea time, it was sunny and for just over a half an hour there were completely clear skies and then clouds started to build but up and then clear up again. I had two jumpers and acket on and I have had to take off the jacket and the jumper because it suddenly became a lot warmer than it was this morning. The temperature is 18°C and the wind direction is from the east and the speeds are 14mph.

Post 6123

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

hi all
-
its a sunny, but cold day, but if the sun stays out, it could be a nice day, after dinner,i might even do the back garden.
-
time is now, 10-45am, on sunday the 20th of september, in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2009 smiley - dragon jim

Post 6124

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 20 September 18:47

Apart from very brief glimpse of the sun early in the morning the rest of the day has overcast with very few bright periods.

The temperature now is 19°C and the wind speeds are 7 N mph.

Post 6125

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Was fairly sunny earlier... Then a kind of late sunday afternoon mulpyness set in, which was compounded by the American military frlying their plaines very fast and loud over the center of town to piss everyone off... now its just vaguely mulpy in a kind of chicken pie saltryness of a typical sunday early evening... Expect it will be sunny again tommorrow... Quite a nice September thus far, cept for the mulpyness, at least the heating hasn't gone on yet smiley - zen and hopefully won't have too for a while yet...

Post 6126

hi all
-
its another dull day, but winter is creeping nearer.
-
time now, 10-05am, on monday the 21st september, in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2009 smiley - dragon jim

Post 6127

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 21 September 15:21

Started off cloudy with clouds slowly dissipating throughout the afternoon along with increasing sunny spells. The sky is practically clear apart from a few whisps of clouds.

The temperature now is 19°C and the wind speeds are 9 WSW mph.

Post 6128

hi all
-
the rain in spain, as now decided to fall in yorkshire.and not only on the plains smiley - rofl winter is here.bbbrr.
-
its now 9-45am, on tuesday the 22nd of september, in bradford, yorkshire, uk, 2009 smiley - dragon jim

Post 6129

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 22 September 11:51

Partly cloudy skies with some very brief sunny spells.

The temperature now is 15°C and the wind speeds are 9 WSW mph.

Post 6130

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 23 September 16:59

From 9 am to 11 pm sunny spells but after that it became cloudier and now there were sunny spells from a brief few moments around 16:45. White to greyish clouds with a few breaks in them.

The temperature now is 20°C and the wind speeds are 6 WNW mph.

Will be having a smiley - tea soon.

Post 6131

supersissi

Hi
today was a cloudy and sunny day in Bavaria, Germany. In the morning were many cloudsin the sky but in the afternoon the sun was shining!! Now it is 16 c cold.
by summertimesmiley - sadface

Post 6132

Ballynac

It's a bright sunny morning in London with hardly a cloud in the sky. It's a little bit chilly, but it's very pleasant really for this time of year. There's no breeze and it's nice and dry. The current temperature is around 12c

Post 6133

hi all
-
the sun is out, but its still cold, no wind, just a mild days weather.
-
its now 9-55am, on thursday the 24th september,in bradford,yorkshire,uk, 2009 smiley - dragon jim

Post 6134

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 24 September 14:25

Started with clear skies until 12:30 when a few whisps of clouds started to form from about 13.00. It is now partly skies. It has been sunny since early this morning and is still sunny now.

The temperature now is 18°C and the wind speeds are 7 NW mph.

Post 6135

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 25 September 10:52

Partly cloudy skies with lots of strong sunshine. The temperature now is 15°C and the wind speeds are 2 NW mph.

Post 6136

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

It's the 40th plus day without rain and the world is just shrivelling up here.
Did you see the news stories on the huge red dust clouds hitting Sydney?
It hit us yesterday and it was horrible in the extremesmiley - erm
I noticed pictures in The Guardian and The Times about it.

Well it's just warm here and very very very dry, we're standing in nappy buckets when we have showers so that we can reuse the water on the lawns in a poor attempt to keep them alive(not green, just alive).

A 10 year drought for the country and the farmers continues and we all wonder about climate change. If it's not changing then explain that to me...why not?

Oh...the temps are 30 odd and the nights are cool....

Post 6137

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Grief. Sometimes it's hard to believe we're on the same planet smiley - sadface

We just moved into autumn (northern hemisphere) and today it's like winter, smiley - brr and dull and overcast smiley - sadface temp says 15degC but I don't believe it smiley - blue

Cleethorpes, England, 25/09/09 2.30pm

Post 6138

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 26 September 12:30

Strted off with sunny with clear skies but as the morning went on the clouds and covered the sky. And now now the sky is pratically covered with clodus and the sun has gone in. The temperature now is 15°C and the wind speeds are 2 N mph.

Post 6139

Maria

Northwest Madrid, 25º(celsius) sunny, soft breeze.

<<Did you see the news stories on the huge red dust clouds hitting Sydney?<<

I did, impressive. I thought of Feisor and Kea, next time -I hope for better reasons- I´ll think of you.smiley - cheerup

On climate change:

http://www.oxfam.org.uk/resources/issues/climatechange/introduction.html

The obvious can´t be denied.

Post 6140

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, SW Essex 26 September 18:30

Today has been cloudy, partly cloudy, clear, then partly cloudy again and now the sky is mainly clear apart from a few whisps of clouds but I don't know long it will keep clear. There has been sunshine in between the various dull moments.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more