A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Whats the weather doing where you are?

Post 5261

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

God I wish we had some of your rain Jim, bloody ridiculous when you think about it: We're in the worst drought in living memory, no make that the worst drought since white-man arrived here and you lot up there are growing webbed feet from all the rain...go figure.

'P**sed as a Newt' is used here a bit, I've heard it but my normal refrain about someone under the weather(or mesmiley - blush) like the parrot and the newt is to say "They're talking braille" or "I was talking braille"smiley - cheers

Post 5262

Jimcracker7[magiclink.rip gone altogether. im back.in my home from home.

what a weird day, its now like a summer day, bright and sunny lol
-
smiley - dragon jim

Post 5263

Reality Manipulator

Rush Green and South Ockendon, East England,
19 Ocobterr 2008 17.50

Cloudy and dull throughout day, it started raining from 16:20 and it is still raining heavily now.. The temperature is 15° and the wind speeds are 15 mph SSW.

Post 5264

Reality Manipulator

21 Ocobterr 2008 19.22

Cloudy started but cloud slowly dispersed throughout the day and there have been plenty of sunny spells. The sky is completely clear now. The temperature was 12° and now is 10°C and the wind speeds are 9 mph W.

Post 5265

logicus tracticus philosophicus

Hastings Sussex, slight chill but still pleasant,

Post 5266

Keith Miller yes that Keith Miller

First good tropical storm here: Thunder, lightning, hail, torrential rain for a half hour and then it's gone and we get all steamy and hot.

Post 5267

Ballynac

Here in London this fine Wednesday morning it's very bright and sunny with barely a cloud in the sky. There's a very light breeze. The current temp at 09.45 is about 10c.

Post 5268

Reality Manipulator

22 Ocobterr 2008 20.28

Cloudy started but cloud slowly dispersed throughout the day and there have been plenty of sunny spells. The sky is completely clear now. The temperature was 12° and now is 9°C and the wind speeds are 2 mph W.

Post 5269

miz

Keith just gotta tell you the storm which hit you guys was on our news at lunch time! Cool lightening, and snow in Sydney! we're having crazy weather round the world.

Post 5270

hi all
-
its another of them, wait and see days, rain last night, at the moment dark, and very windy.
-
now 9-25am, on thursday the 23rd october, in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5271

Reality Manipulator

South Ockendon, Thurrock, South-West Essex, East England,
23 Ocobterr 2008 16:55

It started out with scatterred cloud and sunny but as the day went on, the clouds quickly built and by 13:00 it was completely clouded over and dull. The temperature is 14° and the wind speeds are 17 mph SSW.

Post 5272

Good_Ridence_BBC

Here in Doncaster 17:24 on 23rd October 2008.

Very grey, raining, gails
12c outside
20c inside lovely and warm lol
Don't no much about wind speed so I can't comment.
smiley - rainbow Me

Post 5273

Reality Manipulator

24 Ocobterr 2008 20.36

Cloudy start with rain with eased off by 08:00 and it brightened up the afternoon with plenty of sunshine. The clouds started to disperse and now there is a clear sky. The temperatue during the day was 13° and now it is 8°C.

Post 5274

Reality Manipulator

25 Ocobter 2008 15:56

Partly cloudy skies, windy with sunny spells until noon but from noon it became cloudy and dull. The temperature is 14°C and the wind spees are 16 mph WSW.

Post 5275

hi all
-
well the clocks went back last night, so winter is on the way, its dry at the moment but very cold, the sun keeps trying to show its face, but losing lol
-
now 10-25am, on sunday the 26th of oct, in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5276

Reality Manipulator

25 Ocobter 2008 13:30

I woke up to overcast skies and rain which lasted until 10:30 but by 12:00 noon it started to rain again. I put some washing out last night and it is now wetter than it was before I put it on the line. The temperature now is 13°C and the wind speeds are 3 mph W.

Post 5277

hi all
-
its like a summers day, the sun is shining, its a bit warmer. if it last all day and night, i might be able to give the gardens a last mowing before winter.
-
it now 9-35am, on monday the 27th of october,in bradford uk, 2008 smiley - dragon jim

Post 5278

Reality Manipulator

27 Ocobter 2008 19:57

Partly cloudy with plenty of sunshine top temperature was 10° and it is clear now and yemperature is 5°C.

Post 5279

hi all
-
rain last night again, gardens wet, so the mowing is yet again a no go.and looks like could be another shower on the way, before the days out.
-
its now 10-15am,on tuesday the 28th october,in bradford uk,2008smiley - dragon jim

Post 5280

Elenitsa

Bristol 13.33hours - torrential hailstorm! (Bright blue sky all morning)

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more