A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 101

THE KID (Romancer of the Realm of the Rediculous)

I have dreams about my mom she's been gone since 94. I still really miss her.Me thinks I'll see her again.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 102

Titania (gone for lunch)

My father sometimes turns up in my dreams, but very rarely - and he died in 1990...

The first dream where he appeared after he had died turned out to be a night mare - somebody had made a zombie of him and woken him up - I think it might have had something to do that I found it hard to accept at first that he was gone...smiley - sadface

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 103

I lost my Dad In 97, have'nt had a dream about him. Iwas shamelessly out of town when my mom died. I was'nt able to attend her funeral. I had a dream She was in She told me that she had just gotten sick that's all. I felt the same as you about your Dad's dream. Still it nice To see 'em anyway.
The KID

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 104

l'm dreaming again, last night l had a dream l was playing pool with some people l did'nt know. All my pool balls were way out of round, they even had bumps in them. Weird dream. Still no sound. Lets keep this thread going Guys. OK

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 105

MaW

My dream was worse. University mutated into a terrible army camp-like-place, although the barracks were full of computers instead of beds... odd that smiley - smiley

And I spent most of the dream running away from a manic doctor who wanted to do pain tolerance experiments involving ball bearings (the dream didn't reveal why there were ball bearings involved, and I don't really want to know).

It was all in colour with sound, although the viewpoint was a bit odd, as if I was a different height in the dream.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 106

Great Western Lettuce (no.51) Just cut down the fags instead

I had a dream with my mother in this morning. I can't remember what is was about, but I know that my subconscious is having a dig because I went and got a ticket for the Cup Quarter Final, which is on Mothers' Day. Oh how she will be pleased.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 107

Sounds like a dreadful dream MaW. Still gotta wonder about them ball bearings.
I had a dream l was in some behavoural modification thingy. The last thing l remember was stealing a pen of a Doctors desk. Well
lets say it was graphic. Not to be mean. l did have some sound that one though.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 108

Sounds like your Mom poped in whilst you were in a lite sleep ole GWL. l've had that happen before.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 109

Sounds plausable, but for the fact my mother's never been one for breaking and entering.
I had an even stranger dream last night. I dreamed I was back at university and I was living in an isolated house (which was equivalent to the one I did live in in a strange kind of way). The difference was that instead of a rough housing estate, I was living in a forest, and I had to take a lovely scenic route into the university through all the trees - it was great.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 110

Lenny (Lynette)

Well I dream in full colour with taste/smell/sound too. I dreamt one night about eating a spider and I could really taste it - right down to the wiggly legs. I often wonder if I had supplemented my diet that night......

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 111

GWL Ok l was wrong Opps
Lenny All l can say is Gross
Keep um coming Guys.

In my dream with the behavoral camp: I took a ink pen off the doctors deck and dispatched him with the pen in his neck. I guess the pen is mightier than the sword.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 112

I've just remembered that I also dreamed about New Zealand last night, and I remember being amazed at just how far away from Australia it was, and how stuck in the middle of the sea it seemed.

Lenny, it sounds like that was no dream
The Kid - I'm impressed that you seem to pun in your dreams. Are you related to Richard Whitely by any chance?

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 113

MaW

I've had some pretty horrid dreams in the past, about various kinds of horrible schools, wars, journeys, people, invasions of rats...

* shudders *

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 114

Dorothy Outta Kansas

Sympathies MaW! Likewise. Does anyone else distinguish between bad dreams and nightmares? To me, nightmares are bad dreams that wake me up (I know I'm repeating an earlier posting, sorry!)

I've had wars, nuclear blasts, fires, invasions, deaths, traffic accidents - really nasty! Definitely not a good way to pass the sleeping hours.

x x Fenny (UT)

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 115

MaW

Thankfully I have the occasional good dream too smiley - smiley

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 116

Who's this Whitely Chap. Sorry never heard of the Gent. That was a wierd dream though by dispatching the Dr. in such a way facilitated my escape.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 117

Somewhere on a previous thread l spoke of a dream of a car struck by lighting. Well when it happened for real the effect was displayed in a dream since then. Sort of a blinding flash, like a Nuclear Explosion. Hope l never see that one come true. But it fits the profile of those in the past that have already come true.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 118

Soothsaya

Yes, I dream in colour as far as I can tell. My dreams are quite visual. As for sound ... I cannot say for sure. I will be paying more attention from now on.

I have some strange nightmares, or bad dreams. One kind that I had just last night involves being back in school and doing poorly at mathematics. Last night I was having a very hard time trying to understand what was being asked of us, getting my head around the mathematical concepts. I wrote a lot and I even drew pictures and diagrams in my work book trying to get myself to understand, but it didn't work. As usual, though, by the end of the dream I realised that there was no point in worrying about it since I've already passed my final mathematics exams many years ago!

That is probably not so unusual. A more unusual bad dream is where I need to traverse great distances on foot. Typically I do something like walk to the nearest large town - a distance of about two hundred miles! It feels like hours and hours and hours, or even days, of continuous walking, without much else happening. Quite a boring dream, that.

I think I'll stay around this forum and report a bit more. I find much of the discussion here very interesting.

Soothsaya

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 119

Wesley Pipes

I have had a few strange dreams in my time. Recently I have taken to writing them down. Here is one of my favourites, though as always the details are a bit hazy:

For some reason there was a shuttle launch happening on my front drive and I was one of the astronauts. We took off vertically and I waved to my parents who waved back from the front door. Once we were up, for some reason that we didn't actually go out into space. Instead we just started circling the Earth like a plane would. Then there was some sort of technical fault and the shuttle had to land on a road.

Once down the fault was repaired, I think using a sock, and we were back up within seconds. We were circling the planet until we came across a cluster of islands. They were the most amazing islands I had ever seen, with that amazing clear blue sea that tropical islands have and there were also some vines that seemed to be arranged in the form of monkey bars.

We were passing over these beautiful islands when we were hit by something. We looked out of the window and there were hundreds and thousands of post boxes falling from the sky as if they were raining. Soon the precipitating post boxes battered us into the sea, at which point the shuttle turned into a submarine and we began travelling underwater.

After a while we hit a beach, a busy public beach, and everyone just got out of the shuttle and started sunbathing. I remember I was late getting up that day because of the lovely warm sun in my dream. Oh yeah and there was also a female astronaut, but that would be another story altogether.

One thing about dreams and my alarm clock is that when the alarm goes off my dream somehow incorporates the sound so I rarely realise that the thing is beeping at me.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 120

Now thats Vivid. Good dream, WP

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more