A Conversation for Ask h2g2

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 161

Peaceful Dragon (napping)

I'll put up some dreams for you on my homepage then, Soothsaya, when I've sorted them out, most of them are on my old Mac (it retired four years back and is currently living in a plastic bag on a shelf...). I think I have quite a few written in Norwegian too, which should be easier to understand if you know some Danish.

smiley - biggrin Yeah, I'm online quite a lot. I work with making web pages, so the h2g2 window is always up in the background.

------

You mean "voilĂ ", KID? Lit. it means "here".

I was at a concert in a dream a few nights ago - I didn't hear the music from the stage at all, but I heard the people I spoke with. Makes me really wonder why the setting was a concert in the first place. Don't think I've ever had a dream without any sound at all.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 162

THE KID (Romancer of the Realm of the Rediculous)

Dunka there Lass

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 163

All my dreams are without sound. But a few. Truly Mistyfied on the differents

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 164

Me too, KID - most of my dreams are received just like the impressions I have when I'm awake. I can't imagine how it can be to dream totally without sound like you do. Or in b/w like some have discussed here.

I have surfed around a bit with Google to see if somebody somewhere has written something on this, but so far I haven't found anything.

Anybody with any good links?

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 165

Yo! Soothsaya!

Got a dream up for you here: http://arachne.bravepages.com/dreams/dream1.htm

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 166

Urk... I meant to put a friendly smiley - smiley there....

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 167

Leenah l've had dreams in b/w also. Most of my dreams get away from me like fast forward on a VCR.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 168

Yeah, mine too - I remember a dream best when I wake up in the middle of it. I always keep pen and paper ready for when it happens. I've dicovered I remember more when I set my mind on remembering before I go to sleep.

Somebody mentioned smells - I have lots of smells in my dreams, they are *much* stronger than when I'm awake. Flowers, baked goods, urine - whatever, they are really powerfull.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 169

Smells too? Never had those. l have had dreams that come true though. No lie.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 170

Yeah, I saw you wrote about that - that's something I've never had. I've seen places in dreams and later visited very similar places, but I don't know if they count.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 171

l would think that they would. Those kinda dreams have never been dogmatic to me. Only the situation is.
Like l had a dream l saw a car hit by lighting. In 1980 l was driving a car that was struck by lighting, a traumatic event happened to me that year.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 172

l would think that they would. Those kinda dreams have never been dogmatic to me. Only the situation is.
Like l had a dream l saw a car hit by lighting. In 1980 l was driving a car that was struck by lighting, a traumatic event happened to me that year. But l made it thru it. Are l would'nt be typing to you.smiley - smiley

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 173

Oh, dear! That sounds horrible! Glad you made it! smiley - smiley

No - never seen events from dreams come true, only places. Places often seem more important than events in my dreams. I have several "dreamscapes" that I visit regularly.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 174

Yea l had that dream when l was real young it was in b/w. The car in the dream was black, the car l was driving was black. lt was wierd when the lighting hit the car. lt got so bright l could'nt see for a second.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 175

I'm facinated by weather - freaky weather. We drove through Germany once and had the worst thunderstorm I've ever seen (Spielberg, eat your heart out!). It flashed on and off from black to a bluish white - you couldn't see a thing.

I rarely have any particular weather in my dreams - seasons, yes, but no weather.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 176

Titania (gone for lunch)

I had the weirdest dream a couple of nights ago...

A school reunion - including our parentssmiley - huh - but only part of the class...

...and for some reason, I seemed to be older than my old classmates, but not as old as our parents, but something in between...

We went outside the city for some activities, and then one of the parents (a tall man with shortcut blond hair) said 'We had better go back into town, there's evil in the air'

For some reason, we did as he said - nobody seemed to question him.

After that, we visited the school and then headed for the city centre for a dinner party, and for some reason the ex-pupils (including me) were roller-skating - but with the old-fashioned model, with two wheels front and two wheels back.

When we reached a park I told everyone I would not come to the dinner, but go home instead (I used to live not far from the school) because I was tired, and my ankles were aching from the skating. I also told my mother that if she wanted to attend the dinner party it was alright with me.

The blond man seemed concerned about me going home alone (in daylight) and suggested a longer way along streets with heavy traffic. I refused, telling him that I would walk along the same small streets that I had walked when going to school - and I just couldn't understand why he was worried.

And then he said, again 'There is evil in the air'

Then a heard someone moaning, and turned around. I saw something that hadn't been in the park before - a tomb stone, surrounded by walls forming the letter L around it.

The tomb stone did not look like a tomb stone - it was a big square, broader and wider than it was high - partly covered with snow, but also a block of ice on top, covered with flowers in blue and purple colours. I walked around the stone to read the inscription - and it had my fathers two first names on it, but horribly misspelt!smiley - yikes

It somehow seemed to be a satanistic altar.

And then I noticed my mother lying on the ground, cramped up and all pale - even her lips were white - and she was staring at the stone.

She does (in RL) suffer from vascular spasms ocassionally, so I assumed that was what affected her now. However, when I kneeled next to her, I made sure I blocked her view of the stone, because somehow I had the feeling that the stone had bothered here, and I asked her 'Where are your pills? Where are your pills?'

She was not able to answer me, and I couldn't find her pills even though I searched her pockets, and that made me so frustrated that I woke up.

There was snow on the ground, and it was cold - and I could feel the cold as well as my knee getting wet when I kneeled.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 177

Uhu - how creepy, Titania! If it was my dream, I think I would see it as a warning of some kind, but about what I couldn't say... (this because I don't have parents and therefore have difficulties understanding what parents in a dream mean...)

The snow... hm... I can see snow in my dreams in periods when I feel left out emotionally, when I feel extremely lonely. "Left out in the cold". But I don't have the impression this applies here...

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 178

Asante sana

My daughter, now aged 8, has always said that she is always able to fly in all of her dreams. This is unusual, isn't it? I don't remember ever being able to fly in a dream.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 179

You would love America. We have wild weather hear. In Memphis we have tornado's and thunderstorm in spring and fall. l like a good thunderstorm at night the lighting is intense. l hardly worry about chances of danger. l lived thru a tornado when l was a kid but we had it light. lt was'nt that bad as it could have been.

Dreaming - colour vs b/w

Post 180

I used to fly a lot when I was younger too, I think I had most of these dreams in my early teens. Now it happens maybe a couple of times a year. It feels so 'real' I have problems understanding why I'm not able to do it when I'm awake! smiley - biggrin

I have no idea how usual it is, though.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more