A Conversation for Ask h2g2

For deackie

Post 221

Phryne- 'Best Suppurating Actress'

Oh, Xanatic ain't shy, are you, pet? smiley - winkeye Just to put you at ease, here's another of those hugs I was so generous with in 'What makes you feel sexyt'. Hug.
And one for Corinth, too, wishing him further success. Other hug.
(I'm certainly not nice... friendly, perhaps, but 'nice' is not a word I'd consider a compliment.)
'Sex is only dirty if it's done correctly.'

For deackie

Post 222

Oh, Xanatic ain't shy, are you, pet? smiley - winkeye Just to put you at ease, here's another of those hugs I was so generous with in 'What makes you feel sexy'. Hug.
And one for Corinth, too, wishing him further success. Other hug.
(I'm certainly not nice... friendly, perhaps, but 'nice' is not a word I'd consider a compliment.)
'Sex is only dirty if it's done correctly.'

For deackie

Post 223

B******y b******y bug.
How come it takes only a microsecond for your post to be posted? No last-second corrections, that's for sure.

For deackie

Post 224

Corinth

What is nice if not nice, and therefore, a compliment?

For deackie

Post 225

Xanatic

I suppose it´s like a lot of guys find it an insult to be told they´re nice. Kind of another way to say boring.

>1. Get out, smile at every girl you see.<
I look stupid when I smile

>2. Talk to the ones that smile back. Don't be shy, you stand to gain nothing from shyness.<
But I stand a lot to loose the other way.

>3. Be a charming b*****d.<
If I was I wouldn´t need this thread. And I don´t really know what charming means anyway.

For deackie

Post 226

Mycroft

Corinth, I think many people consider nice to be damning with faint praise because it's such a bland adjective. They don't want to be nice, they want to be enthralling and exciting.

For deackie

Post 227

Corinth

>>1. Get out, smile at every girl you see.<<
>I look stupid when I smile<
You look stupider when you don't.

>>2. Talk to the ones that smile back. Don't be shy, you stand to gain nothing from shyness.<<
>But I stand a lot to loose the other way.<
This is a gambler's equation. You don't have a nice frienly girl. By talking to one you stand to gain one. You can't lose one because you don't have one. By not talking to one, you don't stand to gain one. Therefore, talk.

>>3. Be a charming b*****d.<<
>If I was I wouldn´t need this thread. And I don´t really know what charming means anyway.<
Charming means saying lots of humorous and flattering things while smiling alot.

Nice

Post 228

Corinth

I only read nice in the nicest of ways, unless it's obvious that nice means altogether other than nice. But I agree enthralling and exciting are much better.

For deackie

Post 229

Mycroft

I'm impressed, Corinth - you've gone from Benny Hill to Lothario in less than a week smiley - winkeye

Nice

Post 230

Through long experience, I find nice to usually mean pleasant but ordinary and un-disconcerting. I prefer to be thought of as pleasant but interestingly odd and slightly perverse.
Corinth- maybe you should write a book on the subject. Or an advice column. smiley - smiley
Xanatic- you're not a boring person, so why the problems? (Obviously, I'm not seeing this smile of yours, so I don't know.) smiley - smiley
Further luck to both of you.

Nice, friendly

Post 231

Corinth

Maybe I will write a book, It's been while since my last one.
Mycroft, I've gone through more amazing reversals of fate than this one. Pauper to millionair to pauper again in a year. Married to divorcee. Blond to black...

Nice, friendly

Post 232

Man to some sort of nipple-pinching lobster-like creature?
smiley - winkeye
bizarre

Nice, friendly girls

Post 233

Corinth

I never claimed to have been a man!

Nice, friendly girls

Post 234

(Oops- I got that from your comments about nipples.)
May I borrow your thread for a moment to ask: where can you find some nice friendly girls, if you yourself are a girl (but not necessarily nice) and also involved with a nice, friendly boy?
Puzzling...

Nice, friendly girls

Post 235

Corinth

Oh, hmm.. I never thought about the problem from that angle. I suppose the process is about the same, but be prepared for more shocked looks.

Nice, friendly girls

Post 236

Specially if you're very shy, I might add.
I'm used to shocked looks, but in this case they'd be from people I didn't want to offend...
Besides, it's traditionally (however correct that may be, or not) the man's duty to ask the girl. Which obviously does not apply here.
(Enjoying this conversation.)

Nice, friendly girls

Post 237

Robin

this conversation is great. i think we've covered most things. i'm glad the suggestions are working Conrith.

as for the rest of you asking, nice friendly girls aren't that hard to find, as long as your willing to look. thats why conrith is doing so well.

Nice, friendly girls

Post 238

a girl called Ben

>>1. Get out, smile at every girl you see.<<
>I look stupid when I smile<

I doubt that very much. Ok, even if you do you will ALSO look happy, non-threatening, pleased to see her, pleased to be there, like you have a sense of humour, and like you are having a good time. Any NFGs will respond to all of these subliminal messages. Besides which it takes 13 muscles to smile and 45 to frown, so it is also energy-saving and good for the planet. smiley - biggrin

>>2. Talk to the ones that smile back. Don't be shy, you stand to gain nothing from shyness.<<
>But I stand a lot to loose the other way.<

Corinth's right. If you don't, you definitely lose. If you do, well sooner or later you will win.

smiley - corncob A reporter went to visit a sad mad obsessive loner, who was working with metal filaments and electric current trying to make an incandescent light. It was obviously never going to work. Hell, he'd tried it and failed over 5000 times. Edison replied that he had successfully found 5000 ways not to make a light bulb.

How many nice friendly girls does it take to change a light-bulb?

Seriously. Count your wins, not your losses. And other people, including nfgs, are shy too. They'll appreciate your efforts.

Also, people giggle from embarrasment. If she giggles she is NOT laughing at you. She is nervous. Truly.

>>3. Be a charming b*****d.<<
>If I was I wouldn´t need this thread. And I don´t really know what charming means anyway.<

Oh - you charming b******ds.... *drifts into a reminiscent daydream* ... *drifts back*

A charming b*****d is someone who makes you feel that you are so special, and so interesting, and so sexy, and that you are the very best thing that has happened to him all week.

How do you do this? Just pretend that they are the most interesting person in the world. Even dumb people are intersting. What is it that makes them so dumb, and how do they survive?

Hej, Xanatic, just try it. The more you try, the better you'll get. smiley - magic

a nice friendly woman called Ben

Nice, friendly girls

Post 239

Xanatic

I think I´ll just keep frowning, and then do some body bulding with my facial muscles that way smiley - smiley

I do stand a lot to loose by not being shy. I would probably be laughed at. And I´m one of those people that hate humiliation. That´d rather be in the casket than do the speech at a funeral. Gives a whole new idea for prison. Instead of death row, poetry nights in front of the other prisoners smiley - smiley

Nice, friendly girls

Post 240

$u$

*drops in with a smiley - hug for Xanatic*

I've lost track of this converstaion completely. I just wanted to mention a book I'd read the catch-line for today, called 'Air & Angels' by Susan Hill. I haven't read the book, but it reminded me of this forum.smiley - smiley

Key: Complain about this post