A Conversation for Ask h2g2

For deackie

Post 201

Autumn Hughes

I'm sorry deackie smiley - grovel. I tarred you with the same brush as Mycroft.

Being a very small, very intelligent, female, 'foreigner' in this country means being patronised a great deal (Four times over!) by the Great English Yeomanry (salt of the earth, what! smiley - winkeye) and I got rather addicted to watching the confusion on their faces when I used my tongue on them smiley - devil
Mycroft chose the wrong time of the month to patronise me (PTB, can we have a smiley please) and once the defence mechanism had kicked in I automatically assumed Honey³ and you were being patronising too (as well as blindly pc)

smiley - kiss and make up?

Culture vs the Individual

Post 202

Autumn Hughes

Ben, are you diclsexy...sledyicx...excsylid... oh drat - entirely normal? smiley - winkeye

Post 203

a girl called Ben

Well, I really hate to think I was entirely normal. smiley - fullmoon

A failed touch-typist called Ben

Post 204

Autumn Hughes

smiley - biggrin

Post 205

Wonko

Dear Corinth,

I have a sad message for you: there are no nice friendly girls.

Post 206

a girl called Ben

Well, I was nice and friendly when I was a girl. I still had short legs though. smiley - wah

a nice and friendly woman called Ben

Post 207

Wonko

I bet I would have liked your legs! smiley - smiley

For deackie

Post 208

Mycroft

Autumn, I suggest you make some use of that intelligence and be a little less presumptuous next time.

For deackie

Post 209

a girl called Ben

Hey, Mycroft, Autumn has already said that she is working on hormones not brainwaves this week.

Q - What is the difference between a woman with PMS and a terrorrist?

For deackie

Post 210

a girl called Ben

A - You can negotiate with a terrorist smiley - biggrin

Plus - Autumn has already apologised all round. I think she is doing pretty well.

a terrorist one week in four called Ben
smiley - fullmoon

For deackie

Post 211

Mycroft

Sorry, Ben, the horse testosterone shots I've been taking today prevented me from seeing the wholly unprejudicial tone Autumn adopted in her last post.

For deackie

Post 212

Autumn Hughes

Nice one Mycroft smiley - ok
I'd like to congratulate you on your skill. A lot of people have noticed it. smiley - cheers
You're not as good at taking it as you are at dishing it out tho, are you? smiley - winkeye

Whatever gave you the idea that was an unprejudicial tone?
Your first post in this thread was extremely sarkie (and patronising). Don't tell me you really didn't expect a response?

smiley - kiss

For deackie

Post 213

Autumn Hughes

Anyway I don't have any braincells left to work with smiley - wah
Didn't you know no-one over 40 knows anything?
Premature salinity (or should that be postmature?)

For deackie

Post 214

a girl called Ben

Oh god - flame wars!

*hides behind the sofa, and finds a small plastic star wars figure, a copy of 'Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married' a toffee (wrapped) and a boiled sweet (unrapped and furry)*

a coward called Ben

For deackie

Post 215

Autumn Hughes

smiley - yikes Where?
Can I hide with you?
*Passes smiley - choc*

For deackie

Post 216

a girl called Ben

Thanks for the chololate. Here is the toffee.
smiley - cuddle

***B

For deackie

Post 217

Mycroft

I assume that by my first post on this thread you mean the first one you read... It's not that I didn't expect a response, but I did expect a slightly more cogent textual analysis - if a post has a question mark at the end then you would do well to consider the possibility that it is in fact a question and not a declarative statement.

For deackie

Post 218

Corinth

I question the accuracy of your (self-given?) title, Wonko-the-Sane, if you assert that there are no nice friendly girls. There are scads, all over!
Ah, my devoted fans, and your quibbling over punctuation, social constructions, and wife-beating, you are so cute! I love you all!

Whoops! Time to make a phone call!

For deackie

Post 219

Xanatic

Well, since it seems to have worked so well for Corinth I think I´ll also give it a go. So where do I find some nice friendly non-backstabbing girls? I´m 20 years old, desperate, and willing to use the term nice in a very broad sense.

For deackie

Post 220

Corinth

Corinth's three-step nice, friendly girl acquisition process:
1. Get out, smile at every girl you see.
2. Talk to the ones that smile back. Don't be shy, you stand to gain nothing from shyness.
3. Be a charming b*****d.

Key: Complain about this post