A Conversation for Ask h2g2

(The Return of) What book are you reading at this time?

Post 901

Abi

Dracula

Mina hated it - but I really enjoying it.

Post 902

The Ghost of Polidari

I have to say I enjoyed it too. Have tried some other Stoker, short stories pretty good but the other novels I've read have left a bit to be desired...

Post 903

IctoanAWEWawi

Just discovered Neal Asher thanks to the local library. Read Gridlinked and have now nearly finished 'The Skinner'.
Both excellent books with some new (to me anyway) settings, technologies and ideas. Bit gruesome in places but hey!

Must look out for more of his.

Post 904

kasese<a rather confused individual, desperately seeking Harmony>

The Fall of Light by Niall Williams. The first book I've read by him. I will definately read his other two. Anyone out there read A Scientific Romance by Ronald Wright. An interesting look into what could happen to the world's environment 500 yrs. into the future. K

Post 905

Tilly - back in mauve

"Holmes and Watson" by June Thompson. It's mostly an emergency-read - I haven't any other books with me at the time smiley - bigeyes

Post 906

Jack-oh, back on dry land for three whole weeks...

Just finished....

The Fabulous Fox Twins by Ken McCoy.... much funniness

and...

Lost In A Good Book by Jasper Fforde... this chap is almost as good as Pratchett!

Jacko.

Post 907

IctoanAWEWawi

Finished 'The Skinner' onto Imajica again. Ain;t read it for many years and found it in my favourite charity shop in paperback for £1.50!

Bargain smiley - smiley

Post 908

Coniraya

The Binding Chair by Kathryn Harrison.

It's taken me ages to get around to reading it as I seem to have a run of books on Chinese women's lives at the turn of the last century. But it is very readable and a bit smiley - yikes when you aren't expecting a naughty paragraph.

Post 909

PaulBateman

I preferred 'Weaveworld' and 'The Great and Secret Show' myself...

Post 910

Abi

My faves are Weaveworld and Galilee

Post 911

PaulBateman

Haven't got round to Galilee yet though I was a bit disappointed with Coldheart Canyon. His new one's on my Christmas list. It has pictures smiley - winkeye

Post 912

Teasswill

Just finished 'The Eyre Affair' - Jasper Fforde as recommended in earlier postings. Certainly a great read, very imaginative & kept the pace up throughout.

Post 913

Captain_SpankMunki [Keeper & Former ACE] Thanking <Diety of choice> for the joy of Goo.

Just finished Robert Ludlum & - The Paris Option. Wasn't very impressed by it at all.

Just started The English by ol' Jezza Paxman.

Liam.

Post 914

Sho - employed again!

Desperate for something to read here. A house full of books and nothing to read. Nothing that grabs my fancy right now, anyway. Even my trusted favourites by Dick Frances aren't grabbing me!!

Looks like I'll have to push on with the Eternal Golden Braid and scramble my brain a little bit more.

Post 915

Amy: ear-deep in novels, poetics, and historical documents.

I enjoyed Dracula too. smiley - smiley

Reading GEB as well... finding it interesting and I *wish* I had more time to devote to reading it. smiley - geek

Post 916

Sho - employed again!

I can do about 5 pages of GEB without wanting to gouge my eyes out.

I'm alternating it with The Complete Idiot's Guide to Classical Literature.

But I want some "fun" reading. All this talk of Dracula had me downstairs looking for it today. Came back up with Frankenstein instead, so I'll settle for that.

Post 917

Abi

Well Dracula is no more so I think I will read Possession again before I see the film

Post 918

Xanadu

Frankenstein by Mary Shelly

I find it very tedious...but I'm forced to read it as it's part of my GCSE corsework...

Post 919

DA ; Simply Vicky: Don't get pithy with me!

Me, I am reading 'The Jesus Sutras' by Martin Palmer (recommended for me by someone here, on another thread.) Superb!!!! I smiley - love it, it's wonderful! smiley - magic

My novel (I always have two on the go, one fiction, one not) is still 'Bless the Beasts', a Star Trek novelisation by Karen Haber.smiley - ufo Very good, but not excellent. (Very little is excellent,BTW)

Post 920

psychocandy-moderation team leader

"Swann's Way" by Marcel Proust smiley - yawn
and
"Schrodinger's Cat Trilogy" by R.A. Wilson

Key: Complain about this post