This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Awkward Age

Post 1

Hypatia

I'm at that age where I'm not strong enough to do a lot of the physical things I've always done anymore, but I'm too young for anyone to feel sorry enough for me to offer to help. *sigh*

Awkward Age

Post 2

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

smiley - hug

Awkward Age

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

Don't start wearing Old peoples colours i.e Pastles and the like! also become really cantankerious, I have and it works, smiley - smiley

Awkward Age

Post 4

Baron Grim

Repeat after me: "Get off my lawn, you punk kids!"

smiley - seniorsmiley - evilgrin

Awkward Age

Post 5

Hypatia

The old ladies around here go in for lots of those fussy floral prints for tops and jackets. And they all wear polyester knit pants in..you guessed it..pastel colors. smiley - ill Oh! And headscarves. The boxy ones that tie under your chin.

This smiley - senior is going to keep her jeans and t-shirts. I have a couple of visors, but I refuse to wear a scarf tied under my chin. *digging in heels*

CZ, I think I'll invest in a shotgut. I can step out on the porch and wave it about while I shout at the neighborhood kids. They really do play in my yard quite a lot. This is a legitimate concern.

Awkward Age

Post 6

Baron Grim

No no no... the water hose is the appropriate weapon to brandish about when saying those words.

Speaking of which, I really need to invent that sprinkler/decibel meter combo for those darn thumper stereo cars that go up and down my street. They always have their windows down. smiley - evilgrin

Awkward Age

Post 7

Hypatia

Dang. A shotgun would probably be more effective. smiley - blush

Awkward Age

Post 8

Hypatia

I want one when you get it perfected. It needs to go off for motorcycles, too.

Awkward Age

Post 9

Witty Moniker

Edna Jester is a fine role model. smiley - evilgrin

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/01/01/2009-01-01_89yearold_sues_neighbor_over_ball_in_law.html

Awkward Age

Post 10

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Funny, I was just thinking about awkward ages when I was dragging my right foot behind me this morning. What I need is a cane. It might look strange with jeans and a t-shirt, but a cane must be the way to go. smiley - evilgrin That's what I'll wave at the kids.

What's the female form of 'curmudgeon'?

Awkward Age

Post 11

Good grief smiley - headhurts The only people are going to come out of that with anything are the lawyers... again. What a waste of time, energy and money. Emotional distress for having a handful of balls and frisbee land in the garden? Get over it lady! Of course, the news piece might not be telling the whole story and these might be the neighbours from hell but I doubt it - that would have been too juicy a morsel for any news organisation to pass up. If this old lady was sprightly enough to get out there and grab the ball before the neighbour got to it she's sprightly enough to toss it back over the fence. What a grouch.

Awkward Age

Post 12

Witty Moniker

You know that baby boomers will settle for nothing less than smiley - cool canes. I like the one with flames painted on it that Dr. Gregory House uses. http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o320/lucy_edward/cathy_cane.jpg

Awkward Age

Post 13

Hypatia

Course we're joking here. I actually like the kids who live across from me. And I'd rather have them in my yard than in the street.

Lil, I used a cane a couple of years ago when I was having so much foot pain. I got no more sympathy with the cane than without it. Sheesh.

Awkward Age

Post 14

Yes!! I have my dad's old wood canes in the attic. I'll sand 'em down, lay on some gesso and do something in acrylics. Maybe I could paint ivy growing up one of them.

Awkward Age

Post 15

Hypatia

Oooooooooooh. That sounds great. You're right, of course. If we're going to be using a cane, it needs to be distinctive.

Awkward Age

Post 16

Xantief

Carve and paint a cane so it looks like a shotgun...?

Lil, my maw used the term "ol' biddy" a lot.

Awkward Age

Post 17

*tries out a few experimental 'cluck's*

Awkward Age

Post 18

Hypatia

smiley - laugh My BiL uses the term "old hen" a lot.

Awkward Age

Post 19

Phred Firecloud

As I get older, I find myself being increasingly attracted to older women. It might have something to do with eyesight.

Awkward Age

Post 20

Older women are very sexy. They have experience smiley - bigeyes

Key: Complain about this post