This is the Message Centre for Hypatia

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 1

Hypatia

These are from a girlfriend in WC. She is a blond, by the way. smiley - winkeye Another old list, but always good for a chuckle.

How Blond was She?
She was Soooooooo Blond.....
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She thought a quarterback was a refund
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She thought General Motors was in the army
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She thought Meow Mix was a CD for cats
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She thought Boyz II Men was a day care center
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space At the bottom of an application where it says "Sign here" she wrote "Sagittarius
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She took a ruler to bed to see how long she slept
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She sent a fax with a stamp on it
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space Under "education" on her job application, she put "Hooked On Phonics"
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She tripped over a cordless phone
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She spent 20 minutes looking at the orange juice can because it said "concentrate"
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She told me to meet her at the corner of "WALK" and "DON'T WALK"
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She studied for a blood test
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She sold the car for gas money
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space When she missed the #44 bus, she took the #22 twice instead
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space When she went tot he airport and saw a sign that said "Airport Left", she turned around and went home
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space When she heard that 90% of all accidents occur around the home, she moved
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She thought if she spoke her mind, she'd be speechless
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She thought that she could not use her AM radio in the evening
smiley - spacesmiley - spacesmiley - space She had a shirt that said "TGIG", which she thought stood for "This Goes In Front"

And finally, She is sooooooooooo blond she thinks Taco Bell is the Mexican phone company.

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 2

Lady Chattingly

And these offerings come from a woman with a blonde niece. hmmph.
smiley - smiley

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 3

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

ahhahhhhh smiley - laugh

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 4

Santragenius V

smiley - rofl

>She tried to put M&M's in alphabetical order
Or: was fired from the M&M factory because she threw all the Ws away

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 5

Tom tamer of the lion

smiley - laugh very good, not very PC but that makes it better

tom

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 6

Spaceechik, Typomancer

Well, speaking as a blonde,

smiley - roflsmiley - biggrinsmiley - rofl

SC

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 7

Xantief

The blondes that live in L.A. are proud of themselves because they know how to spell their city's name....

On a side note:

'Canada' is spelt C, eh, N, eh, D, eh.

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 8

azahar

Quite a few good ones there, Hyp. smiley - biggrinsmiley - ok

az
(deep chestnut)

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 9

Lady Chattingly

I was blonde once or twice. I was also red headed and light brown. Now I am gray, unless I hit the dye bottle again. I actually liked being red headed the best. smiley - biggrin

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 10

Leo

smiley - laugh

On a tangent: My lawyer uncle collects lawyer jokes. You know, "last winter was so cold I saw a lawyer with his hands in his own pockets."

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 11

Lady Chattingly

I collect hill billy jokes. "You might be from Missouri/Kansas if you've ever been to a funeral where some of the guests wore overalls."

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 12

Gingersnapper+Keeper of the Cookie Jar and Stuff and Nonsense

Loved'em,had a good laugh..... But should we remember that some of thoes blonds may have some very dark roots.. ?? ..And as Dolly Parten(SP?)said when asked if she minded dumb blond jokes...,"Dont't be silly honey,
I know I'm not dumb and
I know I'm not blond....................... smiley - bubbly ... .. .

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 13

Researcher 198131

My blonde friend says it's the blondes with the dark roots that give the real blondes a bad name. smiley - biggrin

smiley - elf

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 14

Hypatia

This particular blond friend is one of the brightest women I've ever known. And she has a wicked sense of humor. most of what she sends me isn't fit for public sharing. smiley - laugh

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 15

azahar

Oh but I love Dolly Parton - amazing and talented person with a wicked sense of humour. Remember what she said when she was accused of 'looking cheap'?

I'm just paraphrasing but it was something like - 'Honey, do you realise how much it costs to look this cheap???' smiley - biggrin With that beautiful big smile on her face.

Most people don't realise how much of a talented singer and songwriter she actually is ... and she even performs *both* kinds of music. Country *and* Western. smiley - winkeye

az

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 16

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

I like the one where she was asked how long it took to do her hair (this was when she was usually seen sporting a massive and elaborate 'do). The reply was, 'I don't know honey, I'm never there'

She apparently had an 18 inch waist - where did she keep all her internal organs? smiley - yikes Oh, wait...smiley - titsmiley - titsmiley - winkeye

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 17

azahar

Doubt she ever actually had an 18" waist, but she *is* a total gem, both as a person and an artist.

Funny how someone with so much obvious talent chose to play up the absurd. Though it also ain't easy to constantly get top billing at The Grand Ol' Opry. I reckon she knew exactly what she was doing every step along the line ...

az

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 18

From wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dolly_Parton

"The reason I have a small waist and small feet is that nothing grows well in the shade." In 1989 when she guest-hosted Saturday Night Live, she participated in a self-deprecating sketch that parodied Sci-Fi exploitation films: an alien race of excessively large-breasted women teased her about the fact that her breasts were comparatively small, "merely the size of melons." In 1994, she told Vogue magazine that her measurements were 40-20-36. "

And from a fan site, http://www.dollymania.net/faq.html#016
"What are Dolly's measurements?
In 1972, a gossip columnist reported them as 38-26-36. For many years thereafter, she refused to comment, and (after losing a considerable amount of weight since 1972) her chest had been reported anywhere from 36 to 45 and her waist from as small as 14 to 18 inches. However, in 1994, she broke her silence and told Vogue magazine (January issue, page 144): "'I'm 40-20-36. I used to never tell anybody my measurements, but the older I get the more proud I am."

She was tiny anyway smiley - diva

Is there a h2g2 entry on her?

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 19

Ah ha. A996898

Didn't come up on the first three google pages, finally appeared on the fourth.

Soooooooooo Blond

Post 20

Xantief

Ah yes, Dolly Parton...the Mae West of our generation.

Key: Complain about this post