A Conversation for "The Orchard" - the h2g2 Mac Users' Group!

Join Here!

Post 61

Abi

*does a little dance for joy*

Join Here!

Post 62

Shea the Sarcastic

::: claps hands in time to the music :::

Join Here!

Post 63

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

smiley - whistlesmiley - biggrin

Join Here!

Post 64

PieZetti

OOH! OOH! Sign me up!! I love my Mac! I have an iMac - 400Mhz G3, slot-loading DVD edition. And I just got an AirPort card to connect to the DSL in my townhouse, so I can go reeeeeeeeeeeaally fast! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Join Here!

Post 65

Galen

smiley - cool

Join Here!

Post 66

Shea the Sarcastic

I love my Airport, but the first one fried right after warranty, so I unplug the new one when I'm not using it.

Join Here!

Post 67

PieZetti

Wow! Fried it, eh? Are they known to do that? or is that just your computer being annoyingly expensive...

Join Here!

Post 68

Micheal Jay Mole

Sign me up!
Micheal Jay Mole ACE
U136837
iMac OS 8.6, but I desire more memory! Any cheap chips around?

Join Here!

Post 69

Micheal Jay Mole

Ah Ha! I just learned how to make a hyperlink! I so darned proud of myself! smiley - wow

Yea Macs

MJM ACE

Join Here!

Post 70

Phil

What sort of Mac would it be for MJM? And how much memory have you got to start with?

Join Here!

Post 71

Peet (the Pedantic Punctuation Policeman, Muse of Lateral Programming Ideas, Eggcups-Spurtle-and-Spoonswinner, BBC Cheese Namer & Zaphodista)

MJM, you're in! Glad to see you found your way over from "Goo Overflow!". smiley - ok

Join Here!

Post 72

Shea the Sarcastic

Sorry for the delay, Pie ... the Airports have been known to fry. Apple has been replacing the units with a certain serial number, but it looks like the problem is a bit wider spread than they're admitting. It runs too hot. smiley - tongueout

Join Here!

Post 73

Galen

smiley - yikes

Join Here!

Post 74

Micheal Jay Mole

Gosh Peet, I have been with h2g2 for almost 3 years. I thought Goo Overflow was a sort of protest site against the moderators. Lord, I am finding out just how little I know. There is so much to learn every day. Happy to be with Orchard. I hope you folks can teach me everything I need to know about my iMac, which is about everything.

Glad to meet you Peet.

MJM ACE

Join Here!

Post 75

Spike Anderson is sorry he can't catch up on a whole month's backlog

Welcome, MJM!

-Spike A.

Join Here!

Post 76

Micheal Jay Mole

Hello again Spike! We seem to be crossing paths quite a bit. Excuse me, Sir Spike smiley - winkeye. Now teach me everything you know about Macs, Matrix style. Real fast: instantaneously. I am much too impatient to learn neuron by neuron. smiley - zoom

MJM ACE

Join Here!

Post 77

Spike Anderson is sorry he can't catch up on a whole month's backlog

*sits MJM in chair*
*puts cartrige in*
*MJM blinks a bit, then opens eyes*

MJM: I know OS X.

Spike: Hey, Mikey likes it! smiley - smiley

-Spike A.

(Sorry, it was too perfect...)

Join Here!

Post 78

Pandora...Born Again Tart

...*strolls in, looks around...they don't look much smarter than I...*
smiley - biggrin Hello everyone. I think I would like to join....*hands everyone twelve thousand dollars, American. smiley - bigeyes If that's not enough, let me know.
smiley - biggrin my # is U171729 (don't call before noonsmiley - ermer, never mind, that's something alltogether differentsmiley - kiss)
I have a blue doberman, amixed up cat and then there's Mac.
He's an iMac 8.6 with 56 thingies. Mac matches the dog. smiley - biggrin Isn't that special?!?
Mac moved in the very same week I first came to be a Hiker. It was a cool day...March of 2000. smiley - sigh And one day, very soon...
I plan to RTFM. smiley - flyhi That will help make my publisher's ulcer get better. smiley - biggrin

Join Here!

Post 79

smiley - ok

Join Here!

Post 80

One Brain Cell

Greetings other UK Mac users.

I've been using Mac's since only last year. I use an iMac DV+ and chiefly, and iBook 466 Graphite. Both work fine. I tend to frequent a lot of support sites, like the Apple Discussions sites, the iMac.com, Mac Guru's, MacFixit and Macfora.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more