A Conversation for Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1161

7rob7: Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

Silly me - who'd a-thought 'www' would matter...

I've 'out-cooled' myself again. Time to go feed the cats - can't muck *that* up too badly...

(Thanks, GT)

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1162

and Azara...

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1163

GTBacchus

wow, simulposting... (Hi, Azara <waves&gtsmiley - winkeye

Now, once more, so it's on the current page:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A641053

(Is this spam yet?)

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1164

GTBacchus

that was a strange bug; must've been a tick... I didn't mean to wink

smiley - huh

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1165

Azara

It's those shortcode smileys - if you're fond of using colons and semicolons, what looks like perfectly normal text may produce embedded smileys when you post......

Azara
smiley - rose

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1166

GTBacchus

Even weirder: my ">" turned into "&gt;" and the semicolon teamed up with the ")" which followed to make a smiley - winkeye, leaving the "&gt" high and dry.

Lesson: Preview before you post!

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1167

Dorothy Outta Kansas

// topic drift

My tags have had that problem in the recent past, while authoring a Guide page - I had '&gt' all over the place!

x x Fenny (trying to ignore the war and remember Zero Intolerance)

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1168

The H2G2 Editors

This bug was reported at http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F48000?thread=138477 - so it's in the list of things to fix. :-)

Hard aport to starboard!

Post 1169

The H2G2 Editors

Hi everyone. You can find our comments on the Arbiters Scheme in the Forum hanging off the main scheme page: http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/F73521?thread=145290 Probably best to keep discussion of the scheme to the thread above. See you there! The Editors

Removed

Post 1170

Hoovooloo

This post has been removed.

No Subject

Post 1171

a girl called Ben

No Subject

Post 1172

Barton

Well, that's gone.

It must be because HVL was not allowed to quote his own email on h2g2. Waut, I can't remember. HVL, did you fail to remove that phone number for that person at the Littagation Desk for the BBC?

Barton

No Subject

Post 1173

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Tube
... wonders what that posting might have said...

No Subject

Post 1174

plaguesville

Tube
........... is not alone ............

No Subject

Post 1175

Tube - the being being back for the time being

Tube
... surprised that he posted here already....

smiley - drunk

No Subject

Post 1176

Guys!!!!! I haven't finished dusting off the joint yet!

I think we'd better unstack the chairs again and settle back in...

No Subject

Post 1177

Barton

Can someone set up the projection screen? I was thinking about renting a copy of _Easy Rider_ or _Cool Hand Luke_ though there's British film called _Privilege_ that also is thematically appropriate.

What's that Dudley Moore film about trying to make a deal with the Devil? That might work, too.

There's so many ways to approach this thing!

Barton

No Subject

Post 1178

a girl called Ben

Then there is the Ipcress File, where Michael Caine thinks he is in a cell in Eastern Europe, but it turns out to be London. Or that is what happens in the book, anyway. Who knows what happens in the movie?

No Subject

Post 1179

Hoovooloo

Silly me, email addresses in a conversation posting. My mistake. I won't make it again, and I apologise.

Go here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A655913

I've taken out all the names, phone numbers and email addresses which took me two minutes on the phone to the BBC on the 7th of September to find out. Check it out, and you might like to copy it, just in case...

H.

No Subject

Post 1180

Hoovooloo

Oh, and Barton...

It was "Bedazzled", recently, pointlessly, remade with the Peter Cook role taken by Elizabeth Hurley. How's that for surreal?

Personally, when you get the screen set up, I'll be breaking out my boxed set of DVDs of "The Prisoner". There's a damn penny-farthing at the top of the screen as I type this!

We want... information. How many members of the SBVM are on suspension at the moment? I'm just hoping it's five, so if I'm next I can be...

H.

Key: Complain about this post