A Conversation for Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio

Hi there!

Post 1

Brainless Blonde Babe

I'm going around picking people at random to smiley - winkeye at.

Brainlessly, Blonde Babe


Hi there!

Post 2

xyroth

Hi there yourself.

well, you certainly picked a strange person to look at when you picked me. smiley - smiley

(If you don't believe me then click on the "picture censored by" link and get a good look at strange)

You can also visit my website which also has quite a few unusual things on it.

Anyway, welcome to my user space, and I look forward to encountering you regularly.

yours, a very strange technomage named xyroth.



Hi there!

Post 3

Brainless Blonde Babe (v. 2.0)

Hi very strange technomage named xyroth. What's the part about "rash enough to tackle intelligence"? You can't tackle intelligence! You either get it or you don't, like me, I didn't. I think it's got something to do with the pigment missing from the cuticle of my hair. Intelligence lives there, and if you don't have any pigment, to speak of, you got no intelligence. smiley - bigeyes That's one theory anyway and it works for me!

Besides, a tackle is a position in football. The offensive ones are almost as big as the defensive ones, but they all smell about the same amount of offensive after a game. smiley - yuk I won't ask about the rash. That sounds personal.

Brainlessly, Blonde Babe


Hi there!

Post 4

xyroth

Rash enough to tackle intelligence refers to the fact that after the infamous intelligence thread, someone had to take it up, and it ended up being me, which was a very rash thing to do.

So I got roped into running the university project about intelligence on http://www.bbc.co.uk/h2g2/guide/A584525 which as you can see was quite a bit of work, but I set out to tackle it anyway.

It started out with over 90kb of notes, and is gradually coming together, but very slowly. So now there are quite a lot of entries about various aspects of intelligence.

what do you think of it?


Hi there!

Post 5

Brainless Blonde Babe (v. 2.0)

xyroth, do you realize you just asked a brainless blonde babe what she thinks about your university project on intelligence? smiley - bigeyes Does it bother you that you couldn't pick a less informed or reliable source? Have you tried asking any garden vegetebles? At least they're not naturally blonde.

smiley - weird I'll try to read it but it's got lots of long, hard words in it and no pictures, which isn't my fave kinda thing to read. If I get it all read in a month or two is that okay?

What's an infamous intelligence thread and why'd you get a rash and decide to take it up? smiley - huh <-- I like that one.

That is a whole lot of work. Boy, and you're not even getting paid. Is this what they call an "intellectual exercise"? Is it cardio, or aerobic, or endurance? You should alternate those, you know.

smiley - biggrin Brainlessly, Blonde Babe


Hi there!

Post 6

xyroth

I know a lot of people with similarly self-depreciating nicknames, and I don't judge them by the name.

The infamous intelligence thread happened when someone wrote an entry about intelligence, submitted it to peer review, and then insulted intelligent people when they corrected him about some prejudicial comments that were also factually incorrect.

As you can imagine, they didn't like this, so it turned into a war, which spread all over h2g2, and is still causing problems (but less than it used too).

As to if the project is an endurance event, it sure is. Having been loudly critical of the previous try, I found it difficult not to have to do the follow up. unfortunately, it seems to keep getting bigger.

Still, it will be finished eventually.


Listen buddy boy...

Post 7

Clay_Toy

Listen buster I'm getting sick and tired you continuing to shout your measley little mouth off about that 'intelligence thread'

What happened iis that I'd written a perfectly good summary of intelligence, when a woman who was mentally disturbed invaded the thread and started trying to pick a fight.

Although my original peice on Intelligence was far from finished there are no major factual errors in it. I challenge you to point out exactly where all these factual errors are supposed to be.

Put up or shut up.


Removed

Post 8

Clay_Toy

This post has been removed.


Listen buddy boy...

Post 9

xyroth

That might be a little tricky as you deleted it when you went off in a huff.

having said that, I do have some of the entry left in the detailed criticism (around post 46 in that thread).

The bit that was heavily disputed not just by lekz, but by people who were both intelligent, and to some extent knowledgable in the field (at least one works in this area) was the bit you wrote about inteligence and genius.

It was a particularly bad example of inflamatory comments about the highly intelligent which you then dismissed as being "a joke", but left in the entry.

would you care to respond, or are you just going to hunt up the post and yikes it.


Listen buddy boy...

Post 10

Clay_Toy

Well lekz actually reposted in its entirely an earlier draft of my article, which can be viewed in it's entirely in that disgusting 'Intelligence' thread. (Was that post 46)?

If you can wade through her long long diatribe, you will see that virtually all of her critisism is just content free nitpicking over spelling, style and minor grammer. She only found a couple of very minor errors.

As regards the section you talked about, there was a minor joke in there which apparently caused lekz to throw a fit. When I saw that the joke had gone down the wrong way I removed it from a lator draft (which was never seen). The rest of the section on 'Intelligence and genius' needed more content and I was in the process of adding that in, when Barton and lekz both threw their fits.

BTW your friend 'brainless blond babe' or whatever has been kicked off the BBC and banned for life (again). Lucky for her and you that my earlier posting has been moderated because I lay out in very blunt language the real story.


Thread Moved

Post 11

h2g2 auto-messages

Editorial Note: This conversation has been moved from 'xyroth' to 'Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio'.


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more