A Conversation for Discussions Relating to the Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio

What is your opinion now?

Post 1

Wonko

I just read some of the old threads and I wonder what your opinion now is. Does anyone have contact with her anymore, does anyone know what others do?

Just wondering, because I came to kind of like all of you. smiley - smiley


What is your opinion now?

Post 2

GTBacchus

Hello, Wonko! Long time no see. smiley - bigeyes You never come 'round the FFFF anymore. What brings you out of the woodwork? Whatever were you doing in there, anyway? ("Working wood; what else does one do in the woodwork?")

What's my opinion now? Well, for starters, I'm not in touch with her anymore. I was, for a long time, and now I'm not. Y'know, people move on...

I do know of a couple of researchers who still talk to her, but I don't feel it's my place to name names.

Regarding the 'Lifetime Ban of Arpeggio'.... I think she would have been banned eventually. I think it was handled really badly at the time. I think that Mark and Peta and h2g2 in general learned a lot from it. I wouldn't support 'parole' for her, I don't think. I'm not completely sure about that, though. Probably a moot point, because I doubt they're on the verge of offering it. She requested a reprieve just for the month of September, 2002, and it was not granted.

Now I'm gonna sit back and see who else is subscribed here, and willing to comment!


smiley - cheers
GTB


What is your opinion now?

Post 3

Wonko

Hi GTBacchus,

yes, it was quite a good time at FFFF. Well, some women here had their share in driving me away, as well as my work started to rise quite suddenly, and now I even don't have internet access at work any more.

My big family is doing fine, and that takes most of my time.

People move on... Well, is that the reason? smiley - smiley I think you must have spend some thoughts on her - I have, at least.

I fully support the decision of the ban, even more now than back then. The reason why I was so interested in the case is that I think that extreme cases of social relationships show some points very much better then the wishy washy time of interaction you normally have. So to say I learned so much about women just at looking at her posts and mailings.

Well, thanks for your reply! smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more