This is the Message Centre for egon

lazing on a sunny afternoon

Post 1

egon

Don'cha just love summer? I do- hot, sunny, beaches, lovely.

HAad the third date last night. Went well. I went to pick her upf rom her halls of residence, we got the metro out to Seaburn, headed down to the Little Italy restaurant, which is on the lower promenade opf the seafront- we sat by the (open) windows mand just got this beautiful view of the North Sea. We shared a bottle of wine with the meal (a nice Chardonnay), and then walked along the beach untl we got to Roker and then we went into ther Smugglers Inn pub (nice pub, also on the lower promenade) and then walked along the river to the bridge to head bacvk into town.

For the sake of public decency I shall fast forward to this afternoon and the two of us on my sofa watching the tennis and eating Gazpacho soup.

smiley - loveblush

Post 2

Secretly Not Here Any More

Heh heh heh...

Post 3

GreyDesk

All that on a student grant. I am impressed smiley - wow

Things must be well cheap up North.

Post 4

egon

No, I'm just now monumentally skint...

Post 5

Well, it could be worse....

Post 6

Mu Beta

Yeah, she could've realised what a geek you were. smiley - biggrin

Never mind, the time will come. smiley - winkeye

Seriously mate - good conquesting. When do we get to meet her? smiley - ok

B

Post 7

egon

Yeah, because "let me introduce you to a bunch of people off the internet", that's going to go down well.

And I've just realsied, I do have some money lefT! I had a fiver on Gaudio to win the French Open

smiley - run to http://www.sportingodds.com to click "withdraw"*

Post 8

Odo

It's easier than telling people that you met your smiley - loveblush on the internet!

smiley - bubbly

Post 9

Mu Beta

Yeah, but that never really happens, does it? smiley - winkeye

B

Post 10

Ged42

Congrats Egon..er...Serendipity, whoever the heck you are.

Sounds like you had a 'good' time smiley - winkeyesmiley - winkeye

question is was the Gazpacho Soup hot or cold?

Post 11

You can call me TC

sounds like it was sizzling

Post 12

Mu Beta

I'd rather not speculate.

B

Post 13

tanzen

Sorry, it took me a while to figure out it was you Egon...had no idea who this Serendipity character was (although it was a nice purple sea monster in books we used ot read when we were kids)...smiley - laugh

Glad things are going so well for you smiley - ok! Hope they continue to go forward on a path of niceness and...well...you know...goodness...smiley - evilgrin...

And don't be ashamed of being a geek! For crying out loud, she found you sprawled across the pavement, I'm sure she'd be delighted you have some powers of coordination smiley - winkeyesmiley - cuddle

Post 14

Xanatic

Hmmm, gazpacho.

Post 15

Jordan

My innocent mind is completely unable to extrapolate details concerning the two missing hours. Am I blind, or am I trying to avoid going blind?

Seriously, though, lucky you! smiley - winkeye Not many people can turn a pratfall into a date!

- Jordan

Post 16

tanzen

*whispers to Jordan*

I don't know if I'm allowed to say this or not...and I wouldn't want to blow Egon's cover or anything...but I have a strong belief they were...playing scrabble...

Post 17

Otto Fisch ("Stop analysing Strava.... and cut your hedge")

"And don't be ashamed of being a geek! For crying out loud, she found you sprawled across the pavement"

Oh, is this the same girl who gave you a drink after the underpass falling incident?

*wonders what 'playing scrabble' could possible be a euphamism for.... mind boggles...*

Post 18

Beatrice

What's wrong with playing Scrabble!!! RF and I spend many happy hours playing Scrabble, both original and ...er... modified versions smiley - evilgrin

Post 19

I'm crap at Scrabble.

We are talking the game with the little tiles right?

Post 20

Kerr_Avon - hunting stray apostrophes and gutting poorly parsed sentences

Well done that man. Your talent for clumsiness finally reveals its practical use.

smiley - ale

Key: Complain about this post