A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

BEER

Post 1

Researcher 37238

The late thespian and entertainer, Mr Oliver Reed is reputed to have consumed 136 pints of the amber fluid in a period of 48 hours.
Antipodean 'sportspersons' Mr.Rodney Marsh and Mr.David Boon are alleged to have consumed 'over 50 cans' each on aircraft flights to London from Sydney. My own personal worst performance (and I sincerely regretted it, from both biological and "social pariah" reasons) was about 12 pints of draught Guinness, followed by a Vindaloo curry. Perhaps this is not a suitable subject for such an esteemed forum, but I would like to hear comments from all interested in the lowest common factors pertaining to this.

BEER

Post 2

Imaldris

I like beer, I'm actually drinking as I write this. ( So forgive me if i am slightly incoherent) I think beer is a wonderful thing and should be covered more often in h2g2. YOu have my support.

BEER

Post 3

Researcher 37894

BEER!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

BEER

Post 4

Pink

I too enjoy drinking. About a year ago, during March break, some of my friends and I went to Montreal. One night i drank about a 140 oz. of beer. This seemed like a good idea at the time but I later found out that it was not. I some how got seperated from my friends and was wandering around lost in a city i had only been in for less than a day. (There's more to that story if anyone cares to hear it)

There was another time when I drank a 26er of rum in an hour. That wasn't too fun of a night for me - or so i'm told. smiley - smiley

BEER

Post 5

Imaldris

Tell the story pink. Whats the name pink from. Floyd?? Anwhoo beer is good. I've had many interesting nights with it where I would otherwise be sober and bored. You must always be intoxicated. On wine, poetry, or virtue as you please. Just always be intoxicated.

BEER

Post 6

Imaldris

Guiness is a good choice. I definitely commend you.

BEER

Post 7

Loose muscle

The amber nectar. How I wish i had more. A good pint of Carling makes Wine taste like Yak's urine, and water like cat's urine. Having had personal experience of all the drinks mentioned above, I can safely say that beer is the greatest.

BEER

Post 8

Imaldris

yeah, i totally agree

BEER

Post 9

Pink

The name pink is from the floyd. Best band ever, as far as I'm concerned. smiley - smiley

Ok, you want the whole story. it's at /P63992
hope you like it.

sorry but it doesn't look very good - i couldn't find a way to put spaces between lines. it was like pressing had no affect. if anyone can help me with this, please do.

BEER

Post 10

Fenchurch M. Mercury

AHEM...Pink FLoyd is good, yet is second to the one and only QUEEN. Which just happens to be the topic of my first attempted guide article, though it is kind of, well...more of instructions. Oh well.
------------------->
Queen is a band which allows people to feel good about themselves after having a few drinks. Either that, or they make you feel bad about a murder that wasn't actually committed. In order for you to experience such intense sentiments, just follow the recipie below:

Ingredients:

1 bathtub vodka
10 frozen cans orange juice
1 Queen CD

Pour frozen oranje juice into bathtub with vodka. Drink. Put on Queen.

Play "We are the Champions"* and attempt to sing along while waving your hands in a drunken fashion.

*For intense feelings of sadness, "We are the Champions" may be replaced with "Bohemian Rhapsody", however, we recomend you only sing backup as previous attempts to sing "Galileo" at extremely high frequencies under the given conditions have promoted frontal lobe decomposition.

Carling

Post 11

TechnicolorYawn (Patron Saint of the Morally Moribund)

Mmmmmm, Carling is truly a wonderful thing. However a wonderfuller (is that a word?) thing is Carling Premier. Slightly more expensive, but much, much nicer. Those lovely people at the Carling brewery eh? What will they think of next? And they sent me 2 free CDs.

Drinking Acheivements

Post 12

TechnicolorYawn (Patron Saint of the Morally Moribund)

On the subject of professional drinking, my mate James drank his way through one of everything in our bar recently. That's 29 shots and 10 cans. In 4 hours. And he didn't chunder. The boy done good.

A rhyme about beer ish and queer ish. Slightly offensive

Post 13

Imaldris

Oh, dear bread and beer if I were a queer I'd take it in the rear.

Dunken fools...

Post 14

Kiz

You guys disgrace h2g2 with your drinking stories. That said, #############################################

Dunken fools...

Post 15

Imaldris

thank you next time you call me a drunken fool, have the courtesy to spell DRUNKEN correctly. I think its a disgrace that a forum cannot freely talk about anything without having a some belligerent dolt interrupt our free thinking with common insults. My dear friend people such as yourself are the disgrace not we...

Dunken fools...

Post 16

Pink

I don't see how we are disgracing h2g2 be telling our stories about drinking and what we like to drink. Is drinking not a part of life, especially on earth? And is h2g2 not "a project which aims to provide an all-purpose guide"?

Besides that I thought that it was an open forum. True, with it being an open forum you are entitled to give your opinion. But please, make sure that your opinion is worth hearing. You can't just say that we disgrace h2g2 with our drinking stories. You have to say how and why our drinking stories are a disgrace.

Just a tip for you Nitro, next time you try to insult someone make sure that you don't make yourself look like an idiot. I'm sure, that if anything, we are Drunken Fools, and not "Dunken fools".

Next time think before you type.

Dunken fools...

Post 17

Ford Edsel

Woah what a flame........
Reminds me of a drinking story (actually it doesn't but I'll tell it anyway... wheres that whisky gone... ah there it is... was I typing all that? sorry... on with the story)
I was out on a stag night with some of my mates. At the end of the night we all agreed that just to be different we'd all drink our own urine! All of us, except Dave the groom, were in on the prank conceived by Jon earlier in the week. We'd hidden some cans of beer in the toilet in his dad's pub (where the bash was being held). One at a time we went to the loo filling up our glasses from the cans located in the small cupboard where the water stop is. Dave was so Drunk he didn't notice our glasses had fizzy stuff in them and dutifuly staggered off to the toilet and pee'd in his glass. we all sat round the table, counted to three and knocked back the contents of our glasses!!! You should have seen the look on Daves face when Jon told him about the joke the next day. I thought he was gonna puke!!!

Did you like that one Nitro?

Dunken fools...

Post 18

sway

I agree with pink, it is an open forum and i especially enjoyed ford whatevers story, still, I have to say that i don,t completely agree that beer is the best alcholic beverage, i,d have to say that tequila seems to produce the state of mind to bore especially eccentric drunken antics....I,d love to tell you a few actually...

Dunken fools...

Post 19

The Q

IMHO:

First, let me say I think Ford Edsel is a cool name. Very subtle.

Secondly, I must say I get annoyed at people getting on high horses and spouting "this shouldn't turn into..." "this wasn't intended for..." "we should be sensible about..."..........we all know and respect the rules, what that previous entry suggests is tantamount to censorship, so up your nose!

BTW, as the song says "I like a beer buzz early in the morning...." - says it all.

Burp.

Dunken fools...

Post 20

sway

I have nothing against Ford Edsel, I just couldnt remember the Edsel part, hence the whatever part, whatever being a token word incorporating anything, and i have nothing against the forum, my apologies for whatever....beer rules, but tequila is close as a side effect

Key: Complain about this post