A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

One-liner you may wish to keep.

Post 21

Pink

LOL
i got that backwords - i think i may need some more sleep. =)
Q: What did the pig with no legs say to the pig with legs?
A: You've got legs.

Post 22

Kiz

"The key to all motivation broke off in the lock. Damn."

Me

Post 23

sweetndark

i always thought infinity was light blue...

Post 24

Mr Know-it-all

The problem we have with infinity is that we are thinking of it as a number. It isn't. It is the lack of a number. It is the idea that there is no number which is the last. So we can't do math with it.
On the other end is zero, which is a number, but mathematical operations are about quantities, and zero is not a quantity. By the way, what numbers squared produce numbers smaller than themselves? smiley - winkeye

Post 25

Fission Chips

If it takes two of you to make a complete idiot, then you must be a half wit.

Post 26

StevenR

Any fraction less than 1, when squared gives a number smaller than itself. The square of 1/2 is 1/4, etc.

Post 27

sweetndark

i thing your'e all wrong, infinity is a concept, not a number, and it IS light blue, ok?

Post 28

fish

aye caramba...infinity is simply a limit...a mathematical concept that allows those silly-looking formulas to make themselves useful and do things like pay the rent, wash the dishes, and mow the grass. Remember, a useful mathematical concept is a happy mathematical concept...

Post 29

sweetndark

OK, look, i dont CARE about mathematical concepts, i'm just saying that it's blue, OK!!!!!??!?!??!?

Post 30

fish

yes, but it's sort of a dark navy blue, perhaps with a hint of magenta thrown in for funsies...

Post 31

Floydy

Mmmmmm light blue ?? I always thought it was a dark, deep forbidding hint of navy ! still depends on how much youve smoked I suppose

Post 32

Floydy

OK a joke . "Blind man walks into a supermarket with his guide dog. Walks down the first aisle, picks up his dog and starts waving it around his head. The supermarket manager comes up and asks him what he's doing - "Just having a look round " says the blind man.

Well it made me laugh.

Post 33

Pink

hehe that's a good one.

As for the colour of infinity ... I always thought it was transparent with a hint of blue.

Post 34

sweetndark

well ok, it's a kind of REEEEEALLY light blue that it's kind of hard to tell distances in. smiley - fish

One-liner you may wish to regurgitate.

Post 35

fish

Whatever color it is, I've heard tell it's infinitely annoying...

smiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fishsmiley - fish
(fish to the infinite power)

Post 36

sweetndark

and infinitely UNannoying...

Post 37

Nick

is this conversation finite with a pinch of salt

Post 38

Nick

and one other thing, indefinite is slightly larger and a hell of a lot harder to work out than infinite, possibly

Post 39

fish

not to mention improbable...

Post 40

Stoo (researcher 35684)

And I have no idea what you mean... but then again... I might?

Key: Complain about this post