A Conversation for Writing Guidelines

Can Something come from Nothing?

Post 141

Pandora

Alicat, I'd love to hear about it. Friends (if you can call the stinker's that) of mine waited for me to...ah, er...fall asleep on the
sofa, sitting up. Then they took EVERY stuffed animal, doll, etc. put them all around me! They put a baby doll in my arms, stuck my thumb in my mouth! And took several PICTURES OF ME!!! LOL!!! They even braided
my waist lenght hair in two braids, so I'd looked like a little girl! AHHHHHHHH!!! If I had'nt seen the pictures I would'nt have believed I could have slept through that! They HAD to be laughing like idiots the entire time! Sheesh! Never did get my hands on those pictures either!
If I live long enough to turn 50...they'll probably put one in the 'weekly wipe' (Our Village paper) with some cute little poem!
I constantly have pranks pulled on me! EASY TARGET!!!
E-You later, I await the box story! Pandora
P.S.
As you know...Pandora has a special interest in boxes! WINK!

Post 142

falafel waffeltush

Done Deal, on the proviso that your soul is in good condition.

Post 143

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

I'm alright as long as Skandal are your party Alicat! They're not really that famous yet but there's a link to them on my homepage, I think it's http://www.skandal.net but I'm not sure.

Post 144

alicat (Patron Saint of Good Taste)

For you, Katsy, anything. smiley - smiley Pandora, I'm glad you found the bus. smiley - smiley

Post 145

Pandora

ARE YOU KIDDING?!? I COULD HAVE TRACKED THE BUS MY THE SMOKE ALONE...
IT WAS ROLLING OUT THE WINDOWS FOR MILES!!! Pandora!

Post 146

arablefm

I have something to add:

According to great Welsh philosopher Gryff Rhys:

"Some things come from nothing, nothing seems to come from something"

He says it over and over again for about five minutes, and there are twoodling electronic noises in the background, as well as the occasional banjo with losened strings. Then it all ends with a steel drum solo.

I don't think anything else can now be said on this matter.

Post 147

Davius the Mostly Competent

Well, actually, matter is destroyed in a nuclear reaction. Quickly in bombs, less quickly in reactors. Of course, it's just converted to energy (E=MC2 rides again!), so that might count as being reconfigured.

Post 148

How do you know how fast the speed of thought is? Have you measured it, and if so, how?

It would seem to me that the speed of thought is governed by the chemical reactions in one's neurons. (I wonder if there's a guide entry on neurons...) Since chemical reactions obviously travel slower than light, thought is slower than light. QED.

Don't ask me to measure the speed of a neuron reaction. It might be in a book somewhere, though.

Post 149

How can you be sure it's a _complete_ waste of time? Waste of time, perhaps, but we've already managed to encompass theology, quantum physics, nuclear physics, chemistry, and politicians! That's pretty impressive, if you ask me.

Useful??

Post 150

The mime might not say anything, but there will probably be a bonecrunching sound. Also, if nobody's around to help him, he'll probably start yelling for help.

Post 151

Aren't you supposed to cough a bit too, if your intention was to mimic that Monty Python sketch?

Post 152

Since nothing, literally, is no thing, how is it possible to have vast amounts of it?

Or, interpreted differently, if the universe has huge amounts of nothing, than there is not a huge amount of matter or anything else (except perhaps nothing, which may or may not be something) in the universe.

Post 153

On the exploding seagull bit: I once heard this story about a guy at a government radar station who fried an entire flock of seagulls with an array of microwave antennae.

Post 154

Matter and antimatter do make something (a whole stinking lot of energy [that's how warp drive is powered]), but there's nothing tangible left, assuming gamma rays don't count as tangible.

Infinite cosmic regression and progression.

Post 155

One word: Fractals.

Post 156

I've been there too! Nice. Just a reminder that not everyone who visits writes a comment.

Post 157

smiley - smiley

Post 158

Pandora

Pandora: M I M E D

Post 159

smiley - winkeye

Post 160

Katsy a.k.a. Esti

Soo, did you check out the Skandal website? I just think it's so cool that the town I live in is not exactly the biggest and they happen to live there! I mean, I could just be down the highstreet and bump into one of them!

My exams are this week! Help me!!!

Key: Complain about this post