A Conversation for Wind force twelve abaft the Beam

Cabin 13 (IV) The Lighthouse Bar

Post 1

Lighthousegirl - back on board

Hello I am Light, welcome to the fourth thread of the Lighthouse Bar We moved threads to try and ensure a speedy service. In here you will find almost any drink you can imagine strong \%/ , strong , and assortment of 's, strong refreshing 's and 's including some brewed on board, such as Firestarter and Lighthouse Pale Ale as well as the Dutch Hertog Jan, Coopers Dark and many more. >-| is a speciality of the house and we are the only place on this planet where you can get a . McLurchers is in limitless supply. There are fresh and an assortment of nibbles, including a limitless supply of . We also serve a special ... At the end of the bar stands the >-| fridge with its newly refurbished catch (The lock has been repaired and despite the efforts of some * looks at Caerwynn * you should not be able to get locked in there) The Italian speaking Pizza Oven is here, and is currently studying English so normal service can be resumed. The wonderfully temperamental Internet Toaster sits quietly in the corner wondering why everyone is ignoring it. The Swash Bot the cleaning Robot will be joining us just as soon as it has finished clearing up in the old thread. The international coffee machine takes a prominent position behind the bar – still producing all sorts of ’s some with interesting additions. is a speciality of the house and the recent addition of is proving popular In the one corner is a roaring fire surrounded by comfortable sofa's, the occasional has been known to sleep there when the cabins are just too far away. The amazing and rather battered Zarniwoop piano is usually in the corner although it does seem to have developed a tendency to disappear (the regulars still regard with a certain amount of respect following some 'interesting' incidents in the second thread). The mini kilts and various other trophies are hung above the mantelpiece. The DJ booth shaped like a Beach hut has had a fresh coat of paint and sits beside the window. Through the double windows is a balcony, complete with deck chairs and BBQ, an ideal spot on a sunny day or starry night. In the back room the Pub Quiz, the Link can be heard http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/F70774?thread=144952 Anyway come in, make yourself welcome! What can I get you? If I don't have what you want here please ask and I will go plunder (I mean borrow) it from somewhere. I have been known to get distracted / drunk from time to time so if ever I am not here help yourself If you have not been before don't worry about the backlog, this is a bar after all so just come in, have a drink and let the fun begin ...

Post 2

Existential Elevator

Ooooooh......nice new thread!
smiley - biggrin

Post 3

* puts the smiley - choc bowl on the bar *

Do you think we should have a new thread opening party?

I wonder what theme we should go for ...

Post 4

Existential Elevator

Would a pirate theme be too obvious smiley - winkeye <?>

Post 5

* giggles *

It might just be - would anyone notice!

I was thinking more along the lines of beach party or we never did have the apres ski ...

Post 6

Existential Elevator

Sounds good! Who'll be the smiley - pirate DJ<?> Or shall we have a pianist smiley - winkeye<?>

Post 7

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

PARTY!!!!!!!!!!:

*approch's piano with caution
*wonders over to bar smiley - erm *approches fireplace with no caution smiley - yikessmiley - ermsmiley - headhurtssmiley - smiley someone say Party? smiley - erm

Post 8

Existential Elevator

Let's crack open the smiley - bubbly!

Post 9

2legs - Hey, babe, take a walk on the wild side...

Now, there's an idea I can understand!!!! smiley - biggrinsmiley - bubblysmiley - bubblysmiley - drunk

Post 10

Existential Elevator

smiley - laugh
We need a !

Post 11

Cal - interim high priest of the Church of the Holy Tail

*wanders in exhusted after walking alround the ship looking for the new bar*

Post 12

smiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch Cal!

You up for an Apres Ski Party?

* gets busy making all kinds of interesting hot and cold drinks - they all have one thing in common - a good kick! *

I am not sure who can DJ! Our resident DJ used to be Kheldar smiley - loveblush but he has a new asignment now and we hardly ever see him. I am sure he would not mind if someoen else took over.

I can work the decks - he showed me how - but I will be a little busy with the bar - now what does anyone want to start off listening to?

Post 13

Batty_ACE

*comes smiley - runing in, arms filled with rum, mint and limes* Phew Light! Glad I stopped by the old place... smiley - bigeyes you forgot the Mojito fixings... smiley - ok

*fixes a huge pitcher of Mojitos and grabs two straws* Care to share? smiley - biggrin

Post 14

Existential Elevator

smiley - smiley

Post 15

dj?

Whats a dj?

Post 16

Existential Elevator

We're trying to find someone to do the music for the party smiley - smiley

Post 17

*looks up disc jockey in his trog english dictionary*

*disc some thing music is played on*

*jockey races horses *

Oh so your planning to race discs yes?

Post 18

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

*Mr Chris has his staff cary him and the piano in while he plays and sings Sinatra's The Way You Look Tonight*

Post 19

plato <surfer>

*pokes head through door*

Hey, did someone say party??? Firstly, to start off the night, how about an smiley - oj, Light! Thanks! *pours smiley - oj* mmmm... blisssmiley - cool Nice place you got here...

Post 20

Mr. Christopher, enjoying the Magicians Guild game where he is called Polonius Franc, Elder Healer and local merchant

*plays "Lovely Bunch of Coconuts"*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more