A Conversation for Wind force twelve abaft the Beam

The Plank

Post 281

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

Yes, even some of those. My mother, who is feeble, says that staying alive "beats the alternative."

The Plank

Post 282

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Good friend of mine was sad for years because his very old mother was so tired of living and kept telling him. She was poorly for years after her husband died so there's no blaming her really, but it was hard on her son

smiley - pirate

The Plank

Post 283

My mother has always made the best of things. She may have worried over her kids, as mothers do, but she tried to be optimistic, and still does.

The thing is, expectations count for a lot. Both of my parents had close relatives who lived into their nineties. They took good care of themselves, knowing that it was likely they would live a long time (as they did). It's better to be a healthy nonagenarian than an unhealthy one -- if you have a choice.

The Plank

Post 284

I am happy for them

The problem is you can't force people into being optimistic - not even by sneaking happy pills into whatever they drink

smiley - pirate

The Plank

Post 285

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

I am going to copy this and have two tattoos** when I reach that point, of being a (very unhealthy) old person. One, on my chest, will say 'Do Not Revive' and the second on my back will say 'Please Turn Over.'

** this is a true story of some other old lady, so I am led to believe.

The Plank

Post 286

Why do you think you'll be a very unhealthy old person, Lanzababy? smiley - huh

The Plank

Post 287

Lanzababy - Guide Editor

smiley - laugh well judging by the state of me some days paulh, you hardly need to ask! smiley - rofl

The Plank

Post 288

I don't know much about the state of you, Lanzababy. Sorry, I have to ask.

The Plank

Post 289

shagbark

None of us are as young as we used to be. But at least we can still contribute to hootoo.

The Plank

Post 290

I think we have a lot to contribute. smiley - magic

The Plank

Post 291

I think so too smiley - ok

smiley - pirate

Key: Complain about this post