A Conversation for Red Dwarf - The TV Series

Correction

Post 1

Rehash

Just a quick point but I thought that Doug and Rob had the Idea in the EARLY 80s?

Correction

Post 2

§hadow

Not only that but what about Kochanski?!?!? She's ONLY a major character in seasons 7 and 8 and Dave Lister's entire reason for wanting to get back to Earth. Love of his life, Girlfriend and according to the Ouroboros episode his Mother as well. I can't believe you left her out and haven't given much more of an explanation as to what's going on. That description was about as exciting as a pot noodle. smiley - tongueout
~§~ smiley - skull
§hadow

[From time to time, every man is tempted to hoist the skull and crossbones and slit a few throats.]

The World research club

Post 3

Atari - Tok'ra (With my symbiote Jullinar)

I want to join the World research club!::

Me signing me up! smiley - biggrin

The World research club

Post 4

Oberon2001 (Scout)

smiley - erm Another correction. I think it was commissioned by BBC Manchester (not Midlands)!
Oberon2001

The World research club

Post 5

[...]

NOT TO MENTION THAT 'BACKWARDS'- THE NOVEL WAS ONLY WRITTEN BY ROB GRANT AS STATED IN THE INTRODUCTION... OH, AND THE COVER!!!

AND THE SECOND PETE EPISODE WAS QUITE APTLY: PETE- PART TWO IN BROADCAST AND NOT WITH THE 'CAPTAIN'S OFFICE' BIT... WHICH WAS THE ALTERNATE TITLE ALONG WITH 'MIRROR/RORRIM'....

The World research club

Post 6

[...]

SMEGGED THAT UP.. IGNORE THE MIRROR/RORRIM THING... I HATE IT WHEN BEING PEDANTIC BITES YOU IN THE ASS... REALLY GETS MY HACKLES UP...

The World research club

Post 7

Richie Graham

Pete part 2 was originally supposed to be an episode in its own right with Pete 1 being called Captain's Office. The reason they changed it into a two parter is because to explain why the sparrow-Pete turned into the dinosaur-Pete and have the storyline where they're trying to change him back etc etc etc wouldn't have fitted well into one half hour episode so they merged bits of it into the previous episode P.K.A Captain's Office (which makes sence the number of times R & L get sent there!)

GBU

Budget thingys

Post 8

Oberon2001 (Scout)

It was also 'cos of budget restraints according to the official site.
Oberon2001

Budget thingys

Post 9

[...]

DOESN'T REALLY MATTER THOUGH DOES IT MY OLD GARDEN SPROUT... THE DOUBLE WHAMMY WORKED THOUGH IT TOOK UNTIL THE END OF 'BACK IN THE RED III' TO MAKE SENSE OF PART I...

The World research club

Post 10

pablitocline

This appears to be a fairly academic conversation anyway as the entire series was pretty much a complete load of rubbish devoid of almost every aspect that made Red Dwarf so successful in the first place.

Correction

Post 11

starbug96

And another thing, it's Rob Grant and Doug Naylor - get it right people!

Correction

Post 12

[...]

smiley - erm That's what the entry says...

Key: Complain about this post