A Conversation for The Manifesto for the Campaign to rename Thursday, "Thing"

I want to join the Thingites!!

Post 1

Baron Dastes, The Lord Allmighty, minister of utter egoism and things found under rocks!

Hey, tumbled in here for some time ago, took the braves to me and folt like joining now that i do not have that much to do.

Baron Dastes, The Lord Allmighty, Keeper of things found under rocks!

Post 2

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

All well and good.

One thing, we are a bit shy of 'keeper' titles - for there is another group on h2g2 who call themselves the keepers and it just wouldn't do for me to be handing out their titles!

a minor correction and we'll be on our way. any suggestions?

Clive. smiley - smiley

Post 3

Baron Dastes, The Lord Allmighty, minister of utter egoism and things found under rocks!

Well, how about

smiley - winkeye

Post 4

Done!

Baron Dastes, The Lord Allmighty, minister of utter egoism and things found under rocks! hereby pro-claim'ed! smiley - smiley

*bangs gabble* smiley - wizard

Welcome to the clan! smiley - ok Join us in the no no no thread (or N3 for short - though there is nothing short about N3)

Post 5

one question first, how do i add the title to my name?

Post 6

Narapoia

So you're not THAT almighty, then?!
Go to My Preferences (left hand side if you're using Brunel) and change your nickname. You can do this whenever you like and we don't insist that you use your Thingite title for your nickname. Shea will in due course add your title to the Thingite Roster so that all will know what your title is.

Post 7

Well I'm mighty enough to do this:
blah blah blah wampy whibble yo!
I find it enough...smiley - biggrin

Post 8

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

's odd, really. Since that smiley - bleepday nonsense started, we've had an increase in membership!

Post 9

I know, amazing isn't it? smiley - biggrin

Post 10

Narapoia

Truly a marvel. Counterproductivity in action. Yeehah!

Post 11

Ralph the Wonder Llama and André the dodo; Excrement Occurs

Onward the Legions of Thing! Mhah!

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more