A Conversation for Newcomers' Welcome Page

New users w/c 17 January 2000

Post 1

Peta

Welcome to this week's new user page. If you need any help or have any questions, click on my name, look for the discuss button on the left hand side of my page, and click it. You'll then see a box in which you can type your question. Post the message to me and I will get right back to you. smiley - smiley Welcome to h2g2.

Leave a message here, to show you've been here, and then some other new people can talk to you about what they have discovered here so far.

Have fun exploring... smiley - smiley

Peta
Community Editor
h2g2

Post 2

The Researcher formally known as Dr St Justin

Hey ho people! I know I'm not *really* new (joined last week), but I just thought I'd drop by and see how you all are. Judging by the fact that no-one else is here, I suppose you're all doing so well that you don't need to visit things like thissmiley - smiley! Either that or you are having problems finding this page...smiley - sadface

Post 3

Peta

Ah - I've only just put it up. I've now put a front page link to it, so I expect more people will be along shortly.

Welcome to the Guide Justin. How are you finding it so far?

Post 4

I'm finding it pretty goodsmiley - smiley although I sometimes have a tendency to get a little carried away with the smiley - smiley's.

Oh yeah - why is this toilet only for new users? Do the old users have their own toilet, or just incredibly good bladder control? Answers on a postcard, please...

Post 5

Ginger The Feisty

Neither. We've been catheterised. smiley - bigeyes

*Walks away sloshing*

Post 6

Ah - so it's just a toilet for the people who haven't *yet* been done. But why is there only one? Surely the queues must build up during the day? And the smell must be pretty awful too!

Post 7

MaW

Hmmmm....

Post 8

Santragenius V

Interesting isn't it -- we're only a few entries down a perfectly sensible thread and already the topic's off along some weird tangent. Very typical for H2G2, I'd say (not that it worries me - on the contrary! smiley - smiley)

A short "hi" to everybody smiley - fish

Post 9

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

HELLO ALL COMERS! New and Old! I think Peta's done a great job here, I think the page is great and I hope it takes off! Anyhow, as I've just dropped in to say "hi" and to relieve myself...

Have a fish, everyone smiley - fish

~Irving

Post 10

shazzPRME

...and so have I smiley - smiley
shazzPRME smiley - winkeye

Post 11

MaW

Yeah, this page is great. I hope it will make ACEing a bit easier - not that I'm not going to drop by people's home pages of course.

Post 12

Researcher 99947

Hmm... I rather like this page... did I miss the bit about the toilet?

*goes off in search of a sign

Post 13

FairlyStrange

Interesting little accomodations here! Just one small question.......where do they store the paper in here?smiley - winkeye

Great Idea Peta!!!!! A big "Hi ya'll" to everyone who's new!!

smiley - fishNM

Post 14

In the paper dispenser - where else?

Post 15

jezebel

Hello There,
How exiting and interesting this is!!
Just thought I'd say hi- and I'm looking forward to loitering with intent. I'm staying up tonight to see a bright red lunar eclipse- apparently.

Anyroad- hope to meet more of you over time and hyperspace-
byebye,

Jesxx

Post 16

jezebel

Hello again
just wanted to try this...:-}

smiley - smiley
oh,
ta ra
smiley - sadface
jesx
smiley - smiley

Post 17

Welcome to the toilet, jes!smiley - smiley

Post 18

Ginger The Feisty

Please now wash your hands. smiley - smiley

The Management

Post 19

Peta

Hi to you both. Did you see the lunar eclipse? Cloud blocked it out in the UK I heard...

Post 20

Didn't see it myself - I was fast asleep. *ZZZzzzzz...*
The sky seemed pretty clear before I wen to bed, though. But I wouldn't be surprised if it did suddenly cloud over for those hours of the eclipse.

Key: Complain about this post