A Conversation for Goth - a Lifestyle Choice

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 241

Lord Job Boron. That's Lord Job Boron To You!

Yeah I know. Only problem is it doesn't have a case with it so I cant use it for band practices until I get one unless one of a few things happens. Oh well.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 242

Arisztid Lugosi

aww...

so if you got a case would it be one of those soft cloth ones, or would it be one of the nice hard ones that are very good for sitting on when you put them on its side and you have to wait for something?
...thats the kind i have... a very ugly yellow and brown... but its grown on mesmiley - smiley

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 243

Soft one probably but I dont know if they do them for my case.

I'm planning to make a hard one out of pine or oak though...

Just need material.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 244

Arisztid Lugosi

cool. sounds very nice... and it'll smell good too.
would you just stain it, or cover it wiht something?

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 245

Stain the outside and cover the inside with crushed velvet i think.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 246

clockwork_satan

Hey, guys!

I dunno what category of 'goth' I fall into, but me and a bunch of my mates seem to be gradually falling in love with the whole goth scene. We're all over 25 (Ok, I lie - my fiance is 21 but very mature in her thought patterns!) and I've known most of 'em from High School. We've went through a few changes in genre in terms of musical taste through the years (I've went from cheesy pop, acid house music, metal, dirty rock'n'roll, industrial, and I've now evolved onto the more underground side of black/death metal, some powernoize and darkwave) and of course it has definately influenced the way we dress and live our lives.
One thing that I can advise any of you reading that that are thinking of getting into the whole 'goth' lifestyle is that you shouldn't try to jump in head-first and pretend to 'act' gothy because you think it's cool - try to understand it's roots and respect the fact that if you dress in a gothy way you're becoming a public face of what goths are. By that I mean, try not to cause trouble or rise to townie name-calling which is definately to be expected - if you've got the correct attitude and self confidence you'll prove you're better than them by calmly ignoring them.
Oh, one more thing. You'll probably have already noticed that proper goth attire is pretty expensive and hard to come by. Well, if you're the lucky owner of a credit card, and you obviously already have access to the world best shop (The internet) you've got a multitude of great stuff at your sweaty little fingertips. Here's a few sites I can recommend you visit.

www.argoth.com - Once you've stopped giggling at the hilarious pun (Argos, geddit?!) you realise there's LOADS of cool stuff here. Best british goth site there is. Great weapon selection, too!

www.x-tra-x.de - German site (don't worry, you can view in in English) which has THE best choice of clothes and accessories I've ever seen, and really cheap in comparison to UK stores.

www.cyberdog.net - British manufacturer of possibly the coolest cyber-gothic clothing there is.

www.blackrose.com - Varied choice of clothes and accessories here, with links to Alchemy Gothic stuff.

www.fairygothmother.com - If you're the kinkier variety and into your fetish stuff, this is where it's at. (Warning, there may be a little bit nudity here)

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 247

Yep leather trousers- £200. I need ALOT of cash!

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 248

Arisztid Lugosi

mmm... if only i had enough money, i could buy so many cool things.

i'm running into the problem where people laugh if they associate the word goth with my name. i think it has something to do wiht the fact that they all seem to think of goths as 'bad' people, sadists, and people who cant laugh. which isnt really true now is it.
oh well.... i'll deal with it.

as for buying proper goth clothes... well i'll just continue wearing just plain black... and not bother about much else.

*waves*
oh, and nice to meet you by the waysmiley - smiley

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 249

Ah media stereotypes. If you put a bunch of people in a room who in theory never laugh, one of them will say something funny guarenteed. What I generally say is I just do /don't laugh when I'm round you!

I want leather trousers. After that I'll be pretty much happy with my clothes.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 250

Arisztid Lugosi

so leather trousers is the way to happiness is it?

...i could try and say i do/dont laugh around you... but i was feeling rather annoyed and didnt want to talk to her anymore.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 251

Again I know the feeling.

Leather trousers would complete the ensemble- leather everythings!

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 252

Arisztid Lugosi

i think i could go for a black leather jacket... only quite unfortunately i dont like the smell of leather...smiley - erm

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 253

Thats why PVC was invented. Just dont throw it out.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 254

Arisztid Lugosi

hmm....
i think i'll stick to cloth. somehow the idea of skinning an animal to make me a coat allways made me feel a little greebley...

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 255

Well I eat meat so it saves the rest of the animal being wasted. And I need shoes and a wallet. But you could use PVC coz its just plastic, but if its burnt it releases toxic chemicals into the air.

Btw I have an email i meant to send you. Ill do it from my aol account if I remember so if you get an email from an aol account its probably me. Just look for the name and the place.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 256

Arisztid Lugosi

ooh! an email from you!smiley - smiley
i'm so excitedsmiley - biggrin
i wont delete it or anything.... dont worry.

i dont really want a plastic one either... so like i said.. i'll jsut stick to cloth... smells good, and feels nicesmiley - smiley

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 257

Yeah.

Whats everyones favourite material then? I like to wear leather but my favourite material to touch (but too feminine to wear for me personally) is crushed velvet. And for some odd reason purple, black and red always feel nicer than any other colour.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 258

Arisztid Lugosi

i love the feel of silk... but not raw silk.. thats too course. but the soft smooth kind is lovelysmiley - smiley

and black is very nice.... who whould have guessed i'd day that?

wool makes me itchysmiley - erm so i dont like it all that much... but if i wear a shirt with a hood then i can but it over the collar of my coat and it doesnt bother me...

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 259

Still I have to stick with crushed velvet. Its like silk on one side and cotton on the other.

Absolutely Beautiful

Post 260

Arisztid Lugosi

so if it was say... maybe a shirt would the silk be facing in or out?

crushed vevet is nice... but i never see any. mostly its just veloor(is that how you spell it?)
i dont even know where to buy velvet.

Key: Complain about this post