A Conversation for Talking About the Guide - the h2g2 Community

what is the meaning of life?

Post 2641

pocketprincess

So surely he'd have done it by now? Why leave everyone to suffer?

Post 2642

Beatrice

Poppy buttercup can I ask a question?

I'm sorry to hear you've been ill, and I'm glad that you found a way that helped you to deal with that.

But I'm intrigued why you think God should get the credit for you having adequate insurance on your computers, but have no part at all to play in your illness/ your Dad being made redundant/ the credit crunch etc.

As a sort of aside, how exactly is the credit crunch affecting you - it was a question on another thread and I'm intersted in how widespread the effects are.

Post 2643

poppyButtercup7

well because my dad has been redunt (can't spell) we haven't had 's money to save up for what's coming! thier are six people in my family! so we have to get less food that we used to live off! enough to keep us going. We cannot afford nice things you know luxires also my birthday is soon...22nd may and you get presents, but this year we can barely affiord presents whihc is also nice about the home insurance becuase they gave us a money card with £500 and we have some left over and my mum is useing it for my presents!

it's just hard to apdate to the changes agian....smiley - sadface

god bless
poppy

Post 2644

Beatrice

Was his redundancy a result of the credit crunch? (ie banks not willing to lend each other money, so mortgages being more difficult to come by?)

Oh, birthdays are fun to look forward to, presents or no presents! What age will you be?

Post 2645

poppyButtercup7

I'll be sixteen!

No the redunancey was becuase he boss ran away to hawii with all the money the comapny had (including pay checks)! it wasn't a fun time but it that way! but my dad has found a job but becuase my dad was out of work for so long we have hardley anything saved and as the cost of living raised i can see my parents getting worried agian...!

I hate money!

Poppy

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more