This is the Message Centre for Shea the Sarcastic

Well, hello!

Post 1

Shea the Sarcastic

I know that I've been bouncing back here once in a while, but seeing what's happening at hootoo, and looking around, I think I'll settle in again.

What's been happening?

Well, I got laid off in Jan. 2009. Not a good thing, as we had taken TJ's Mom into our home so we could be caregivers. I had time, but we were short on money! I have to say, if it wasn't for the money, I would have enjoyed the time off more!

The whole caregiving thing didn't turn out well, and my MIL moved back to her home after living with us for 9 months. She just wanted to be home. Luckily, TJ's siblings stepped up and have been caring for her.

With all of my free time, and my lovely large yard, I started my first veggie garden, and found that I love gardening! I even started doing some canning, if you can believe it! Pickles and salsa are my two specialties.

I finally got a "temporary part time" position in October 2010. Very low pay, and rather far to commute, but it closed the gap in my resume. So I took it. Nobody there was happy. It was a miserable place to w*rk. There was very little talking. They had me training everybody in Flash, so I got to talk with a few of them, but it really wasn't great.

Thank goodness, after job hunting for over 2 years, I finally got a full-time position at a wonderful place! Almost too good to be true! I love it so far. I'm just finishing my first month there. Happy, friendly people, w*rk that I love, and 2 1/2 miles from home. Pretty good! Unfortunately, they're moving a half an hour away in the middle of July. That's my luck! smiley - biggrin

TJ and I are still together, still very much in smiley - love and happy! So, I have people who love me, a job, and a home! Can't ask for a lot more than that! smiley - smiley

It's nice to be back, hootoo!

Well, hello!

Post 2

parrferris

Glad to hear things are going well now. It's hard to imagine how many changes there have been in your life in the years since we met.

Say hi to TJ for me!

Oh, and Welcome Home!smiley - cheers

Well, hello!

Post 3

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Putting the band back together. smiley - cuddles all round.

Well, hello!

Post 4

Shea the Sarcastic

Clive! Wow, it *is* like old times! smiley - wow

Well, hello!

Post 5

parrferris

It certainly is!smiley - smileysmiley - ale

Well, hello!

Post 6

I feel a distinctly British need for smiley - tea at this happy juncture.

PF - I think the apples have now fermented to perfection. smiley - cider

Shea, what's your poison? smiley - empty

Well, hello!

Post 7

I remember when all this was and will be again.

Well, hello!

Post 8

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - bubbly for me, smiley - ta

I guess I wandered off when so many of my friends wandered off too. It's delightful to have so many old friends back here! smiley - hug

Well, hello!

Post 9

parrferris

Hmmm, is it a good idea to mix one's drinks across different threads? Oh, well, why not!smiley - cidersmiley - ok

Don't forget to stick your little finger out as you drink that smiley - tea, Clivesmiley - winkeye

Well, hello!

Post 10

Shea the Sarcastic

smiley - rofl I just got a great visual of that picture I have of him, drinking a beer with his pinkie sticking out and wearing a tiara! smiley - rofl

Well, hello!

Post 11

parrferris

smiley - laugh I can imagine that!

Well, hello!

Post 12

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Great to see so many old friends around this neighbourhood again smiley - biggrin Do you reckon Draggers might drop by at some point? Perhaps BobnElly? Maybe even *gasp* Uncle Heavy's shirt? smiley - wow

Well, hello!

Post 13

parrferris

I'd like to see them all! Elly was about a few months back, I think...

Well, hello!

Post 14

Shea the Sarcastic

I'm in touch with all of them on FB. Except for UH. Wonder what ever happened to him?

Well, hello!

Post 15

I heard he imploded and he became a super-massive blackhole

Well, hello!

Post 16

parrferris

He appears to be writing for the Indy...

Well, hello!

Post 17

broelan

Really?!

I've got BobNElly on FB too, but haven't heard from either one in ages.

Well, hello!

Post 18

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Same here--once we're settled into our new place, expect lots of posts on FB from me about h2g2, and being able to move back into original user accounts, and so forth. Not only will I be trawling for those that have elvised, but I've got some family members who would fit right insmiley - evilgrin

Well, hello!

Post 19

Pierre de la Mer ~ sometimes slightly worried but never panicking ~

Hootoo has a new future. The third so far. We have every right to be optimistic smiley - smiley

smiley - pirate

Well, hello!

Post 20

paulh, vaccinated against the Omigod Variant

I'm glad you're back, Shea. smiley - smiley

I'm retired now. My life doesn't seem to have changed all that much. I do more of the things I used to do in my spare time -- go to movies, exercise, read, etc. The difference is that I'm not battling large crowds when I see movies on Saturday or Sunday. I can have the theater almost to myself on a Monday afternoon. When I swim, I don't have to go after work, but can do it in midmorning.

I've picked up some hobbies, like raising flowers along the sides and front of my house.

I'm on a committee to help provide programs for the library I used to work at.

I write more short stories for H2G2.

Key: Complain about this post