This is the Message Centre for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Happy new year everyone

Post 1

Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

I doubt I'll be back online again today so I'll wish you "all the best" now. I am worried about my daughter-in-law Jenny who has deleted her Facebook account. I am worried about the letter I received from my doctor's surgery this morning, inviting me for a swine flu vaccination next Saturday. Apparently I'm on a list which includes those with chronic heart disease and I never thought of myself like that. Suddenly I feel very sick.

Enjoy the *blue* moon tonight, and the partial eclipse if you have clear skies. See you in the New Yearsmiley - bubbly

smiley - loveAnnie/GB

Happy new year everyone

Post 2

Websailor

Don't know if you will see this today Annie, but a Happy New Year anyway. As for the swine flu jab I wouldn't worry about it, my husband had it and just had a stiff shoulder for a day or two and a vulnerable friend the same.

As for Jenny deleting her Facebook account, I think a lot of people will be doing likewise. I am only there on sufferance and use it very little. I have heard so much bad stuff about it I really can't be doing with it. Those hooked on it must have time to waste to be honest. Apologies if you are a fan.

smiley - goodluck and smiley - cheers for 2010.

Websailor smiley - dragon

Happy new year everyone

Post 3

Woodpigeon

Happy new year Annie. Health and happiness to you and your family.

smiley - bubbly

Happy new year everyone

Post 4

Wand'rin star

Dear Galaxy'
Happy New Year, full of good friends and good health.
You don't have to have the flu jab. I was offered one (diabetes) and turned it down. I stick so many needles into myself that I always turn these things down unless they are definitely going to save my life. My doctor has so many 60+s with diabetes that he tars us all with the same brush and doesn't accept that some of us are actually quite healthy. Your doc is probably doing the same and has "got a little list". smiley - starsmiley - star

Happy new year everyone

Post 5

dragonqueen - eternally free and forever untamed - insomniac extraordinaire - proprietrix of a bullwhip, badger button and (partly) of a thoroughly used sub with a purple collar. Matron of Honour.

Happy New Year! smiley - bubbly

Don't worry about the smiley - flyingpig jab. I had mine 2½ months ago and only suffered some pain around the place for the jab.

smiley - dragon

Happy new year everyone

Post 6

h5ringer

Re the smiley - flyingpig jab. I had the same invite a few weeks ago and consigned it to the round grey filing cabinet on the floor under my desk

Nappy Yew Hear smiley - bubblysmiley - cracker

Happy new year everyone

Post 7

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

Happy New Year, and remember - it's out with the old and in with the new

If this were BC, you'd be a year younger - so it's all a matter of perspective - yours, not your doctor's.

smiley - bubblysmiley - smiley

(I just spoke with a friend yesterday who deleted his facebook account too - apparently an ex-wife found him there)

Happy new year everyone

Post 8

Sho - employed again!

Happy New Year, GB.
Let's hope it's a good one.

Happy new year everyone

Post 9

smiley - run

oh oh oh I've just seen the glorious full moon with a chunk out of itsmiley - wow

Thanks for the text pailysmiley - aliensmilesmiley - smooch, and Hoggysmiley - flyingpigsmiley - smoochsmiley - boing

smiley - run

Happy new year everyone

Post 10

AlsoRan80

Hi GB

I wish I knew where to look to see the moon. Must I look across the channel to France?

Everything of the best to you for the splendid New Year my dear friend.

I hope that your hopes and dreams will be fulfilled and that you will find all you wish for.

With much affection and thank you for your friendship

very sincerely,

Christiane

31/XII/09 20 40 GMT

Happy new year everyone

Post 11

aka Bel - A87832164

Happy new year, Annie. smiley - smooch

May it be a good one. smiley - bubbly

Happy new year everyone

Post 12

Clive the flying ostrich: Amateur Polymath | Chief Heretic.

Happy 2010 to all assembled here. smiley - smiley

Happy new year everyone

Post 13

Beatrice

All the best for the next year, and decade!

Happy new year everyone

Post 14

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

The end of the year 2009 is nearing - SO! time to put a repeat on,from the journal entry where last yeas issmiley - winkeye

To ALL my friends on H2G2….

To the one’s I talk with on H2G2 regularly with. To the one’s I’ve met personally. To the one’s I’ve yet to meet (It will happen one day). To the one’s I’ve only had small conversations with. To the ones in the back ground: - Editors and Moderators, again not met yet. To the one’s whom I have email and other forms of contact with.

I wish to you most sincerely, that the year of 2010 brings you Health, Wealth and Happiness in abundance.

That in Health, all problems are small and easily dealt with and cured. Those that can’t be for obvious reasons, my wish is that any pains are minuscule and bearable without too much medication.

That in Wealth, May you are never be without warmth in your home, food on your table and a few coins of your denomination to keep the proverbial Wolves from your door, leaving ample for a decent standard of living.

That in Happiness, Well! I think that speaks for itself, as in all that happens around you and the events in your life contribute far more smiles than sadness, even though life’s events will continue, true friends far and near will always be at your side.

I regard friends and friendship as riches, I thank each and every one of my friends for contributing to my riches - which money can never buy or no other can ever own or take away from me!

Happy new year everyone

Post 15

Well said Profsmiley - cuddlesmiley - smooch

and all the best to everyone heresmiley - bravemy friends, ,my gold

Happy new year everyone

Post 16

BMT

Happy New Year Annie. smiley - bubblysmiley - spacesmiley - smooch

smiley - cat

Happy new year everyone

Post 17

pailaway - (an utterly gratuitous link in the evolutionary chain)

smiley - somersault Happy New Year smiley - bubbly

Happy new year everyone

Post 18

Granny Weatherwax - ACE - Hells Belle, Mother-in-Law from the Pit - Haunting near you on Saturday

Happy New Thingy smiley - biggrin

Don'y worry too much about being categorised in that way, these things get churned out by the dreaded NHS computer system smiley - winkeye I've refused my swine flu jab, but had t'other

smiley - bubbly

Happy new year everyone

Post 19

Ellen

Happy New Year! smiley - rose

Happy new year everyone

Post 20

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

smiley - smileysmiley - bubbly happy new year smiley - bubbly

Key: Complain about this post

More Conversations for Galaxy Babe - eclectic editor

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more