A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

Lil Goes to Check for Matching Paint

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

*Through the library and across the ambassadorial hallway lies the entrance to Lil's private suite. There is a vestibule with two doors. Straight ahead is the door to Lil's rooms, and to the right is a door with a small brass plaque saying LINEN CLOSET. Anyone standing there for very long will notice that there is a bit of a draft coming from under the door*

*Lil opens the door to the linen closet and gropes for the light switch*

Dang. Bulb's out. Chloe wouldn't need light, of course.

Post 2

aka Bel - A87832164

Would this do? smiley - eureka

Post 3

Witty Moniker

*Witty fishes a little torch out of her tote bag and aims it into the linen closet. putting a hand on Lil's shoulder with her other hand.*

Hang back a bit, Lil. You know how wonky this closet can be.

Post 4

Rev Nick - dead man walking (mostly)

Being now the season, I happen to have a Mason jar with a dozen of the loveliest fireflies. Just wanting to flit about and light a closet.smiley - smiley

Post 5

The Corrupt One

*The villain Corrupt pokes her head over*

...are you entirely sure this is a closet?

*Her hair seems to be sparking a bit.*

Post 6

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

Looks like one, anyway.

*edges away from sparking hair*

Post 7

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

GDZ reporting for adventuring duty Lil!

You know, this is the first time I have ever been this close to the linen closet. I've been coming here since 1999!

Post 8

Amy Pawloski, aka 'paper lady'--'Mufflewhump'?!? click here to find out... (ACE)

*slips behind GDZ, figuring he should be nice and fireproof*

Post 9

New adventurers: The Laws of Continuity will be strictly observed in this thread. They can be found at the bottom of the page at A304354 . If you have a meta question or comment, please use ooc (Out of Continuity) brackets, like I'm doing here. Thank you.

*the various lights produced by salonistas cause flickering reflections to bounce off rows of highly polished glassware on the upper shelves, but they fail to penetrate to the back of the closet, and indeed the entire room is much larger than one might have supposed from the floor plan*

Definitely a breeze in here, and it smells like the ocean.

*Lil, who is wearing her harkonnen, floats forward a few yards* Mind the pit. I seem to remember there's a pit somewhere before the rift.

Post 10

...Although the rift moves around. Sometimes.

Post 11

*holds out one hand*

Not *too* strong a breeze, yet...

Lil, if the breeze turns into a wind, can I hitch a ride?

*imagines how a 5'7" 20lb cotton bond paper doll hanging onto Lil's harkonnen would look*

Though if there was a very strong wind, I suppose that may not be a great idea, either--while I can tape myself together, it takes a long time to heal.

Post 12

The Corrupt One

Ooooo....

*Corrupt gingerly takes a step or two into the closet and crouches down, hoping that between her armor and her staff she can keep herself anchored. She pokes and prods at the rift, which could be useful, except that she's mostly seeing what throwing small fireballs at it does. So, probably not very useful.*

Post 13

Good Doctor Zomnker (This must be Tuesday," said GDZ to himself, sinking low over his Dr. Pepper, "I never could get the hang of Tuesdays.")

Amy, if we needed to, could we partially roll you up and attach you to someone's gear somehow? I certainly mean no offense, I'm just curious is all.

Post 14

*eyes The Corrupt One's fireball experiments nervously*

Well, my knee-jerk reaction to fire involves my rolling up as tight as a paper lollipop stick and whimpering, but I'm probably sort of awkward to carry that way. I *have* experimented once with folding myself up very tightly and being tucked into Lentilla's front pocket (large pockets) but I had my head in the center, and couldn't see or hear anything that way--'twas worse than PAG gum!

Then again, I do have a satchel full of mufflewhumps, so maybe I should think a bit about what would be handy...

Post 15

Santragenius V

*keeps a bit in the back of the group, swatting at a fly with the towel*

Post 16

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

*Activates his VPB (Virtual Patio Bubble) just in case.*

It also helps keep my Lurgy *in*. smiley - winkeye

Coo, that breeze is a bit bracing.

*Pulls a small remote control out of his sporran and presses a few buttons, his kilt becomes trews of the same tartan.*

That's better. While I'm not one of *those* kilt wearers, I do prefer to be warm and comfortable when adventuring!

Post 17

minichessemouse - Ahoy there me barnacle!

*sniffs the air in the closet with an intense look of concentration*

Hmm, that's not sea, it's a salt-water lake and it's *sniff* North-east of here. The rift is *sniff* to the west and there's *sniff sniff* a wooded area to the north.

*notices that everyone is eyeing her curiously*

What I have heightened senses, it's part of not being able to see. Hey they might be useful. Oh I have kindling for making fires with if needed, but we will need to collect more firewood and be careful around Amy if we do use that method. I can see torch batteries running out soon though.

*hops onto Amy's shoulder so as to not get stood on*

minismiley - mouse

Post 18

*is floating along the shelves on the left side of the closet, looking for paint tins*

Post 19

If Corrupt One is crouching down to look at the rift, it can't be off somewhere else at the same time. That's called a continuity breach. CO (Corrupt One) has already called it for the rift's location. Let's assume that the smells of lake and woods are coming out of the rift.

Post 20

Spaceechik, Typomancer

*Joins the band, but is unsure -- is it safer in front, in back or in the middle? Takes the Goldilocks choice*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more