A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Here it is! Welcome in, find something to drink, something to eat, join us!
*rushes off to get smorgasbord table ready, nearly buping into some of the many festive helium balloons floating about*

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 2

Blatherskite the Mugwump - Bandwidth Bandit

The bar is open! It is well stocked and equipped, and tended by a professional mixologist, so just name your pleasure! I can mix the most popular drinks, and we also have a handy stock of wines, champagnes, and some fine Pilsner beer (from Pilsn, not that pretentious American pisswater). In addition, you may order something from the fine pasteboard sign to my left with my own recipes...

Specialties of the House
------------------------

Jello Shots: rum gelatin shots in a variety of fruit flavors

Blood Clot: a Bloody Mary blended with crushed ice

Venutian Sunrise: rum, Midori, and blue Curacao

Fire Breather: 151 rum, cinnamon Schnapps, tabasco, and a dash of nitro glycerin, garnished with a jalapeno pepper.

Fruit Salad: Midori, Malibu Rum, Bacardi Limon, Stolichnaya Citron, and grenadine, garnished with a cherry and orange slice.

Paint Thinner: paint thinner

Atomic Mindmelt: tequila, 151, iron filings, and battery acid.

Tooth Decay: Kahlua, irish cream, chocolate syrup, and vanilla extract, with a cherry on top.

Weight Gainer 2000: Guinness, raw eggs, and milk.

Teetotaler: choice of milk, orange, or cranberry juice, served with a slap to the face and a loud "loosen up, it's a party!!"

Designated Driver: four shots of tequila and the phone number for the local cab company

Bachelor's Breakfast: warm beer garnished with cigarette ashes

Cold Shower: Order one for that overly ardent suitor! Peppermint Schnapps and blue Curacao, and a nude photo of Chris Farley or Queen Elizabeth in the bottom of the glass, as appropriate.

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 3

*starts handing plates of food through the pantry window onto the long table*

What are we going to do about Mindspring? I took the baby gate down so the guests could come in. Well, she won't get far unless someone gives her a donut. And then I guess we'll just have to find her.

Beeblefish, an IKEA box? Did you bring your own sofa again? smiley - bigeyes

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 4

Alien

Hey I made it! smiley - smiley Are we expecting Q to appear here too?

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 5

well, that will e the first of a gazillion simulposts today. Colonel, I positioned you exactly right. You can see that sign as soon as you come into the salon and look left, even over the heads of the entities foraging at the smorgasbrod. Excellent!

*continues passing food out of the fridge onto the ledge of the butler window* Y'all help me arrange this stuff. Don't let me forget the salmon, or bumblebee can remember, it should come out at the last possible moment.

*runs off to get a sandwich IRL before the rush starts*

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 6

Beeblefish

Two bars! Well I suppose it will keep up with demand! or you can always put the food on it .. it floats around which might be handy . . .

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 7

Good thing I had that sign pre-painted in Notepad and ready to display. It was my intention to make it readily visible, and it nearly got pushed down a few levels. It all worked out just right. smiley - smiley

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 8

Beeblefish

There's problem CS -- can you float? If not I could lend you the Hoverboots (tm)

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 9

We won't be needing the floating one, methinks. Ampton brought in a regular bar for regular people, and I can use it without need for scuba gear. Besides, with the bar so close to the gallery, yours could only be a bad idea. If someone chokes on a Mindmelt, they could spray enough filings to puncture yours and flood the entire Atelier.

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 10

Styx the Rat

*paces back and forthwith growing excitement*

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 11

Phil

Goes and fills a large glass from the barrel marked Bass. Anyone for some English beer?
Lil here are the mini pork pies you asked for, where would you like me to put them.
Colonel, for a real fruit salad in a glass, I'll make some pimms for you whith this bottle I brought. Starts putting some of the cocktail fruits into a jug. Now where's that cucumber, I need that. Adds ice, pours about 1/4 jug of pimms and then adds lemonade to fill. Have you any mint sprigs?

HI LIL!

Post 12

Captain Block

Aliens just told me about this party and kick ass what i see. Great place and a lot of cake! Delicious cake!

By the way I'm a new guy here in h2g2 so you maybe haven't seen me around. But is Q the partyhuman here, I'd like to say hi to him.

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 13

A floating bar? Well, there's plenty of room. Have you seen the floorplan on the Atelier page, Beebs? I put it up just when you got here so you might have missed it. Where's Sporky? Has he got something special lined up for when the guest of honour arrives?

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 14

Hey Captain Block, QMike will be here sometime soon after one my time, six pm his. Phil, there's plenty of mint and cucumber in the crisper room of the fridge (which, being a Whirlpool IC (Infinite Capacity) model, has had to turn itself into a walk-in).

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 15

QMike is being a typical guest of honor, and being fashionably late.

Phil: I've got a few mint leaves here... which kind did you want?

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 16

Captain Block

is it fashionable to be late. anyway we're waiting for him aren't we.

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 17

Captain Block

There seems to be a lot of sweets here. Just have to look for my teeth.

is there anybody here who needs fresh air? i will go for a walk, well at least open a window.

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 18

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

*finds his way through the foyer*
Hello, all!
I finally found my way up here. It took a party for QMike to do it! smiley - smiley
Wow! what a set-up. This is wonderful.
I think I'd like to try a Venutian Sunrise

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 19

Alien

I wish he'll come before I have to leave... Want to say goodbye...

*walks to the smörgåsbord and picks up some of the most delicious-looking ones*

BON VOYAGE! (1)

Post 20

Bald Bloke

*much huffing and puffing from the stairs*
Evening everyone *From behind beer crate with a pile of boxes on top*

Qmike not here yet?

*Goes over to bar Puts beer crates and boxes down*

Good evening Colonal I'll just drop off this crate of Budvar I promised earlier.
Could you look after these boxes for later (cans of spray string and party poppers)
Oh and a can of spray which disolves the string without damaging anthing else, (just in case, well not in case cos its a certainty).

I'll have a pint of Bass if I may

Key: Complain about this post