A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 961

Hypatia

Marv will be here in 4 hours. He has a clean room to sleep in. The rest of the house is a tip, however. smiley - erm I can barely stand up on my foot today, so the tidying is going at a slower than adequate pace.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 962

tartaronne

In three hours and counting smiley - silly

Have a nice time smiley - smiley

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 963

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I have safely arrived in the sprawling metropolis that is Webb City. I have met the famed Annie (featured in story and song) and the inimitable Minerva (who seems to be cautious of me, perhaps I am not of Griffyndor stock). Oh and I got a big hug from Hypatia upon my arrival.

Oh yeah, when did the world turn cold? It was 80 at my house when I left for the airport this morning.

More later.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 964

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

We've suddenly slipped from the 80-60's bracket to the 60-40's, too. And my house will be dusted and vacuumed and consider yourselves honored. The ranch house is immaculate, but ~they~ have a cleaning lady.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 965

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Right... anyone up for a UK Salonistas meet?

Time: Unknown
Activities: Drinking and intelligent conversation (which may devolve into unintelligable conversation depending on the amount of drinking which gets done)

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 966

Hypatia

Mr. D, may I make a suggestion? You need to just do it. Period. smiley - smiley No date or place is going to be perfect. So just pick a date and place and let everyone know about it. If it is down the road a bit, so people can plan for it, I bet you have a great turnout and a wonderful time.

And don't forget the Great Hillbilly Meet of '06 in beautiful downtown Webb City. smiley - biggrin Be there or be square.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 967

I won't forget the Hillbilly Meet, and will make every effort to be there!

Okay then.

UK Salonista Meet
Location: Swindon (I may bad mouth it something rotten but there *is* stuff to do here, honest!)
Time: Sometime in 2006, between the London meet and the Hillbilly meet.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 968

Phil

Ah Wiltshire in springtime.
The rolling plains, the chalk carvings, the stone circles and...Swindon.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 969

Luckily Swindon is within easy distance of the rolling plains, chalk carvings and stone circles.

Plus we've got a few decent pubs here if you know where to look.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 970

Phil

I used to know where to look for some of the good pubs in old town and the town centre.
Is the Roaring Donkey still there and any good?

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 971

I think the Roaring Donkey's still around... haven't been round that neck of the woods for a while. The Beehive is a good pub (but very small) and the Check Inn (in Wroughton) is a very good pub!

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 972

Phil

The Beehive, The Wheatsheaf, The Globe, The Donkey, The Glue Pot...
All good boozers back when I lived in the town.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 973

Hypatia

Why is it that going to a pub always sounds so much nicer and cozier than saying you're meeting someone in a bar? smiley - weird

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 974

WHO IS MATAR HARI

So did you get toad lillies then?

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 975

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

*the smiley - ant pushes back the hood of her purple velvet cape and contemplates a celtic cross*

smiley - zen

I woke up really early this morning with an incredibly strong sense of being poised exactly between the past and the future. The dice are thrown, the roulette wheel is spinning. What happens next?

Modifying my celtic cross to match the arrangement set out by Lil in post 229 of this thread, my cards are as follows:

0 The significator: 4 of Wands
1 Initial or questioner: The Empress
2 Crossing card 1, the moment: 9 of Wands
3 Base of the matter: Temperance
4 Face of the matter: The Hermit
5 (on the left) Decreasing influences: 8 of Wands
6 (on the right) Increasing influences: 8 of Pentacles
7 Where the questioner finds herself: The High Priestess
8 Perception from without: 3 of Wands
9 Hopes and fears: The Fool
10 Summary or outcome: 10 of Pentacles

The High Priestess is my card. It nearly always turns up in my readings. Up to now, Wands have been mine too but there appears to be a bit of a trend towards Pentacles here.

I'm not surprised to see The Fool. I have an irrational fear of being rumbled smiley - silly.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 976

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

The Four of Wands is a good significator; it denotes early triumph. Perhaps it means the reading turns on your achievement in getting the job in Quirm. I'll give it some more thought after work.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 977

Hypatia

"an incredibly strong sense of being poised exactly between the past and the future." Amy that is brilliantly put. I have been feeling like that lately, but hadn't managed to express it as well.

I don't know about the taro cards. Aren't they, like everythng else, open to many different interpretations? So we can find in them what we want to find or what we are afraid of finding?

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 978

Amy the Ant - High Manzanilla of the Church of the Stuffed Olive

The multi-card layouts come with a structured set of questions like "How does this look from the outside?" and "What are your hopes and fears?" and this list would be of value by itself without the cards. The tarot cards might be just a way of adding a random factor into our thought processes and thereby triggering associations that we might not make if left to our own devices, especially if our thoughts are in a rut.

On the other claw, when I was poorly I tended to select Swords and Cups but now I'm on the mend I'm selecting Wands and Pentacles. So perhaps there's more to it. It is also odd how I manage _never_ to select some cards. The Moon for example, just isn't one of *my* cards.

It was interesting looking back over the start of our readings here (posts 100 to 240) because it was a time when I was very poorly. I have made so much progress in three years smiley - bigeyes.

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 979

Agapanthus

I'm finding this fascinating. I've never used tarot cards myself, and am not hugely familiar with them. But I DO use runes (made my own set, even, hippy that I am). Most of the time I assume the random appearance of certain symbols forces me to see my circumstances from fresh angles and that gives interesting insights. The rest of the time I am utterly convinced something amazing is happening and I'm a little freaked out by it.

(BTW - I'd be happy/amused/fascinated/honoured to give rune readings to anyone who likes (I know six different lay-outs, from basic yes/no/maybe, through a version of the Celtic Cross, through to astrological year casts)).

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 980

Hypatia

I am still interested un creative visualization. I really do believe our minds are amazing and we can affect our reality if we know how. I was talking to a friend about it and was put onto some books by Jerry and Esther Hicks. The ones I ordered are "The Amazing Power of Deliberate Intent" and "Ask & It is Given".

Everyone who knows me knows I am a born skeptic. So I have a hard time actually believing things like channeling. But whatever the source, the information has been helpful and seems to be working for me. I'm learning how to focus on my inner self as a way of changing my situations instead of always trying to change the things and people I have to deal with. Also, I'm learning how not to attract negative things into my life. Anyway, I am beginning to feel more confident about things and small problems in my life are actually going away.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more