A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

The Atelier Conservatory

Post 941

Courtesy38

I was planning on early/late afternoon on Friday, I'll just bump up the time leaving and should be there at the right time.

Courtesy


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 942

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I seem to pull these all nighters when I go on trips. I can pretend to sleep on the plane and then get some serious stimulants. I can almost guarantee that I won't sleep much in a car. I never do. for some reason I thought I would be in Joplin earlier on Thursday. Hmmmm.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 943

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

You can all sleep late on Saturday morning! smiley - smiley


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 944

Hypatia

Is thata promise? I haven't slept good for 3 years. smiley - tongueout


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 945

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

There are two things planned for Saturday: a driving tour and a small party in the evening. There are some locals who want to meet y'all and hear more about what it is to be in an online community, and we've decided to do a potluck thang.

On Sunday, I thought I might drive us to the top of a nearby mountain and then go somewhere for lunch before disbanding. I was thinking of Chinese food.

On the Friday, we'll get in mex-ranch food from Rustic Roots and just settle in at the ranch. There is a hot tub. And comfy chairs around a fireplace. smiley - smiley

The leaves are just starting to change in certain parts of the county; I hope the colors don't peak in the next two weeks so that you can see our grand autumn colors.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 946

marvthegrate LtG KEA

I need to get a 1 or 2 gig memory card for my camera before the trip. 200 shots won't be enough. I want to take a ton of photos, enough to bore the hell out of the rest of the salonistas.

Lil, I can't tell you how much I need real authentic Mexican food. The Mexican food available in NC is HORRIBLE!

What is the Carlsbad Caverns tour like? Hyp and I have to be back in WC by Tues as my flight is early that afternoon. Think we can make it from Carslbad to WC in the same day?


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 947

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

Still no idea if I work or not. I'll know Friday late.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 948

Courtesy38

Lil - the arrangements sound great.

So we depart on Sunday night or Monday?

Courtesy


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 949

Hypatia

Marv, I think Carlsbad is out. Lil can't go and I don't know if my foot will be up to it by then. We'll have to play it by ear. It is south of Roswell, but I don't remember how far.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 950

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I didn't arrange for anyone to sleep over Sunday night, Courtesy. Is that likely to be a problem?


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 951

Hypatia

MR, I have some bad news for you. When Marv visited you and Courtesy he inadvertantly infected you with Desert Fever. Now, Desert Fever has a very long incubation period. You should come down with it on October 6th.

Symptoms include fever, malaise, excessive thirst, a craving for Mexican food and an almost uncontrollable desire to visit New Mexico.


You naturally will not be able to work for a few days afterward as you could become the new Typhoid Mary. The good news is that it is of relatively short duration and you should be able to return to your normal routine after Columbus Day.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 952

Courtesy38

Lil - if we are disbanding in the afternoon, no problem.

Courtesy


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 953

Hypatia

Lil, I don't suppose I could bring Annie? Nope, didn't think so. Never mind.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 954

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

If we were staying at my house I'd welcome Annie and let her take her chances, but the ranch house is petless and Mrs. Freeman might not like it. She will be in Chicago when we're there, but she would find out and I would be the recipient of royal displeasure. I wouldn't actually, but her daughter would, which would be worse.

Sorry. smiley - erm

Is GDZ coming?


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 955

Montana Redhead (now with letters)

As unhappy as I am to tell you all this, I won't be coming. 4 people at work requested the same weekend off, and I'm low man on the totem pole. I have to work Saturday and Sunday.

Damn.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 956

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

smiley - cry


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 957

Courtesy38

MR just told me that there is a better possibility that she will be able to make it. Apparently she was able to call in a favor, but is waiting for managers approval. So she has now been moved to the definite maybe category.

Courtesy

PS - still no word from sea on whether she will make it.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 958

Hypatia

Like I said, I was planning to pack food for the road anyway. I hate highway food. And I'm not sure what time of day we'll be going through the cities. It's no problem for me to pack extra for the ranch. And I'm off work tomorrow so I can fix up something without being rushed or stressed. smiley - biggrin I'm a grandma, remember. I like to feed people.


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 959

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

I'm going to try to order eggs locally, and we can all tromp to Walmart in the early afternoon if needs be.

I haven't had a return call from my OCA contact, so I bet things are FUBAR, but Mike will drive to Santa Fe and hand-deliver the check, the checks, tomorrow. Maybe he will intimidate them into processing my third invoice!

Sometimes tears are the most effective weapon of all. smiley - evilgrin


The Atelier Conservatory

Post 960

Teuchter

I hope you guys all have the most fabulous time.


Key: Complain about this post