A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

83Xth Conversation at Lil's

Post 1

Asteroid Lil - Offstage Presence

Welcome to the Atelier! If you are new to the experience you are about to have, please take a few moments to read our form page at A304354 and check out the extra pictures and the floor plan at our offsite link.

I have greatly enjoyed the most recent conversation, even though it contained more than its share of personal privation and bad news. If the servers would let me, I would have reviewed the thread a little bit so that I could tell you more about some of the interesting discussions we've had, but no, I'll be lucky if this new conversation makes it onto the record in one go...

My thanks to those who have proposed and participated in such interesting topics of conversation! Virtual flowers and genuine sympathy go to Marv on the loss of his father. A cord of virtual firewood to Hati, hope to Z for the recovery of his grandfather, and loobrushes to all the rest of us bearing the burden of illness, tricky teeth, bilious professors, smarmy bill collectors, insane managers, and all the other impedimenta that seemed to come with the month of January.

Matina and Chloe have finished the cleaning and sweeping, but we will have no sofas in this thread. They have been taken away for re-upholstering, after a remark or two was made by one salonista about their condition. In the meantime, we have a collection of dining chairs, recliners, bean bags, cushions and a few old wingbacks that I am sure we can make do with until the sofas come back.

Please come in and make yourselves comfortable! And let the new conversation begin.

Post 2

Santragenius V

Really???

Post 3

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Where, where, puff pant

Post 4

Coniraya

Wooooo hoooooooo, made it to the first page! It's been a long time since I acheived that. smiley - biggrin

Post 5

Santragenius V

*rubs sore butt after smiley - run in and sitting down in the usual place of a sofa without seeing the sofas-gone-for-upholstering notice*

Really!! smiley - somersault

Post 6

kelli - ran 2 miles a day for 2012, aiming for the same for 2013

*strolls in and looks around*

No sofas! smiley - yikes

*flollops down onto a beanbag in a most unladylike manner*

Post 7

Teuchter

{Teuchter}

*going back to read the first few posts

Post 8

Titania (gone for lunch)

First LED? Dang, a 502 error

Post 9

*Matina brings Santragenius an irish coffee in a FTTF mug*

Post 10

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

Missed the first post, but fingers crossed I get first LED.

Post 11

WanderingAlbatross - Wing-tipping down the rollers of life's ocean.

Sorry for that I got a little excited with the chase so to speak. Excuse me while I go and change out of these trainers and could I reserve that old leather Chesterfield it looks like it's got loads of sleep left in it.

Hello Lil, thanks for organising another Forum and getting the bots to spruce up the fittings.

Post 12

*finds a recliner with a side table and lamp and sits down*
*the recliner unexpectedly reclines*

Post 13

Mr. Dreadful - But really I'm not actually your friend, but I am...

We've got an unexpectedly reclining recliner... it also makes alarming noises and one of the arms is falling off. Methinks it's time to get rid of it (which would leave us with only one recliner and make it even more difficult for me to get a comfy seat when we have friends round).

Post 14

SE

*finds a wingback, checks for wings, and sits*

Post 15

Phil

Seems like a nice and sturdy set of dining chairs you have here Lil. Are they any particular style or did they come up from downstairs.

Post 16

Z

*waves*

Hi guys,

Just popping in before hospital visiting..

Post 17

I wish you lot would stop ill-wishing the furniture! smiley - silly Mr. D, would you like me to have Matina check the other recliner?

Which shall it be, more time in the recliner or up to do battle with the to-do list?

Post 18

Witty Moniker

*Snags a recliner.*

These look just like the ones from the Lazy Bastards club. I guess it's only fitting, since it's Sporky's fault the sofas have been sent out.

Post 19

Agapanthus

*selects an elegant old wing-back and sits down. After some wriggling, manages to tuck her feet up under herself. She has a tiny rainbow-coloured baby sweater on her lap and occasionally makes three more stitches in the side-seam, looks at them critically, and unpicks the last two*

Well. All I did was go away to quickly wash up the lunch things and there you'd all gone without me.

Post 20

David B - Singing Librarian Owl

*David arrives and attempts to sit on a beanbag, which probably wasn't the best choice of perch for an avian*

*tries not to make claw holes in the beanbag cover*

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more