A Conversation for LIL'S ATELIER

The Gamers Conversing in the Computer Room

Post 581

Titania (gone for lunch)

Decided to check Rift again - and am finding myself dounloading a 1.7 GB patch smiley - yikes

*twiddles thumbs*

Post 582

Titania (gone for lunch)

And right after having downloaded that huge patch and logging in, I got invited to see a dimension created by a new guildie, and we flirted for a bit, jumping into his swimming pool in our undies and dancing together.

But when I said stop, he immediately backed off and apologized.

Unlike some of the scumbags in WoW who seemed to only have sex in their minds. Middle aged men pretending to be horny teenagers. Good riddance.

Post 583

Titania, I apologize for dragging you into storium. I simply could not take the daily nagging and criticism anymore. Times certainly have changed. I would never have thought of treating a DM this way.

Post 584

Of course I suppose I could have simply had a dragon roast certain people's characters... But what's done is done.

Post 585

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

We bought Tropico 4 for a very low price on Steam about 2 weeks ago. It's a really good game and rather easy to get into (only tried the easiest settings so far).

For those who don't know:
It's an economic/political simulation where you are a dictator on a tropical island. There's a timeline progressing through the 20th Century and you get new options depending on new technology but also the international political situation.

Post 586

Dizzy H. Muffin

This isn't exactly the most conventional game for this particular thread, but I made a Twine game called Amity x Li: http://kimikomuffin.itch.io/amity-x-li

It's part of the Ruin Jam ( http://itch.io/jam/ruinjam2014 ), which is specifically about games that don't fit the "burly white straight Manly Man killing people" mold, and which in fact fit as few of those things as possible.

Post 587

Tavaron da Quirm - Arts Editor

I'm doing quite the opposite: watching my bf play GTAIV, which we bought for a small price on ebay. We wanted to see what all the fuss is about. The 'great big bad game' which is obviously supposed to turn teenagers into violent murderers... or something.

I must say we were very surprised. It is in fact a good game. And it really offers a lot of content. You get a lot for your money.

What many people do not seem to realize is that this game is very satiric and in some places quite critical. Not a lot that is in it can or should be taken serious. I think all those who talk badly about GTA never really played the game, or probably only the beginning. Or they are just not intelligent enough to understand it. Many of the dialogues are just hilarious... like the guy who says 'yo man' in every sentence. Or the steroid guy, or the rasta guy who talks about how bad all the chemicals in mariuhana are for your health.

I also can't say that the game is sexist in any way, or that it's more violent than anything that comes on TV. In fact many TV shows are much more violent. And while you theoretically could kill all the people in the street it is not what the game wants you to do.

So... I may write an Entry about the GTA series. In my opinion it's quite different from what the media wants it to be.

Post 588

SashaQ - happysad

I started playing Amity and Li, and found it quite good smiley - loveblush but the yellow dress thing was just too much - the horror... smiley - flustered

That is interesting about Grand Theft Auto, Tavaron. Not that I'm keen on realistic type games - Tomb Raider wasn't fun for me after Lara had to fight a bear - but I know what you mean about things you can theoretically do in a game if you don't follow the story arc, like my next Lara just staying in the house and standing very close to me at the top of the stairs smiley - blush before running off to go trampolining on the bed or swimming in the plunge pool smiley - laugh

Post 589

Dizzy H. Muffin

What do you mean, "the horror"? smiley - tongueout

Post 590

Florida Sailor All is well with the world

smiley - applause good game, I hope you don't mind a 'burly white man' playing in good funsmiley - smiley

F smiley - dolphin S

Post 591

SashaQ - happysad

It was just the way the dress suddenly attacked - I used to like wearing a dress as a costume when I was young smiley - blush but since about age 16, dresses just aren't right on me at all... made me feel quite squiffy to imagine it... smiley - blue

Post 592

Dizzy H. Muffin

Ahhh. Well, that sort of thing is a genre convention, I'm afraid. (The genre in question being something of a spoiler, I suppose ...)

Post 593

Dizzy H. Muffin

(I mean, a spoiler to those who haven't played the game.)

Post 594

Afgncaap5

I'm just going to say, for the record, that I have received a paycheck from Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria for a week's worth of pay, and quite enjoyed the working experience.

In other news, it's hard to ignore how much Team Fortress 2 I've been playing lately. It's weird how long that game takes to figure out, and how much more rewarding it gets for doing the figuring.

Post 595

SashaQ - happysad

I see, KimikoMuffin... Anyway, I'm impressed by how vivid the text was even though it wasn't to my taste smiley - ok

Post 596

Dizzy H. Muffin

Glad to hear you enjoyed *that* much, I suppose. smiley - winkeye

Post 597

Bald Bloke

Sprite Supreme
A series of history
http://goo.gl/ilCrn5

Post 598

Daimond

Very good website! )

Post 599

Daimond

I prefer to play http://www.kizigamesxl.com/

Post 600

Dizzy H. Muffin

Psst ... the conversation's moved on a bit since 2008.

Key: Complain about this post