A Conversation for The Church Of Weekendism

Weekendism II

Post 81

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

LOL. Not quite. It was the last day of the summer, and people were prepared for some practical jokes. (What would they do, fire us on the last day? smiley - winkeye) One was a bucket of water aimed at me.

Thankfully, I managed to avoid most of it, AND I brought an extra T-shirt, so all ended well. smiley - smiley

The "evil" bit. That's simply because I am evil. smiley - tongueout But only in the traditional way, not the Weekendism definition. smiley - smiley

Weekendism II

Post 82

Maria d J Gutierrez

currently not here? where'd you go? coulda swore you were here.

Weekendism II

Post 83

some bloke who tried to think of a short, catchy, pithy name and spent five sleepless nights trying but couldn't think of one

Can I be simply a priest. It is lower than High Priest (in fact it has a lower-case p), so it should be allowed.

Weekendism II

Post 84

tabatha

Ok, Ive joined this thread now, so you can see me...

Hi.....

Um....
*trying to think of something witty and catchy*
*not coming up with anything*
cya

Weekendism II

Post 85

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

Bloke, you can certainly be a non-High Preist if you so desire. Sorry to make you wait two weeks to hear that, though.

Also of interest: I've found a couple of related groups on h2g2 you might want to check out.

The H2G2 Procrastinator's Society
http://www.h2g2.com/A431911

Lazy B*****s
http://www.h2g2.com/A386552

Weekendism II

Post 86

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

Thanks for the links to The Procrastinator's Society Dan. My first post here at the Church.... well, what can I say. I'm told by my cousin that when I was a kid, and someone asked me what do you want to be when you grow up, I'd answer "a professional layabout". I'm sure I must have picked that up from a show on tv or radio, but even then, I knew that w*rk was not for me. I stayed on into the 6th form at school because I knew I didn't want to go to w*rk. I went to college for a year because I knew I didn't want to got to w*rk. When I eventually had to get a j*b, I did it for two years, saved up a pile of money, and took a year off. After another 5 years of w*rk, I became self employed, and it was quite one of the best things I ever did - it's like the weekend all the time! Some years later my thoughts were clarified when I was approached by American Express to see if I wanted one of their cards. One of the questions on the application form is "Are you a)Employed. b)Self-employed. c)Of independent means. I WANT TO BE C!!!!!

Weekendism II

Post 87

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

I think we all want to be "c". smiley - smiley

Weekendism II

Post 88

Chili

I am at work right now aand I have spent the last 3 hours browsing through h2g2. Been yelled at by my boss twice today for not working ....

I am pretty hung over as well, without even knowing that it was celebration day yesterday...

So I guess I´ve been following your rules without knowing them...

Thats why I would like to join your church now....

Oh, hope the holy weekend will be here soon...

Chili, hung over and working hard to avoid work

Weekendism II

Post 89

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

I don't see how we could refuse an application like that. smiley - smiley

Weekendism II

Post 90

Maria d J Gutierrez

Just wanted to let everyone know i called in "sick" again today. i thought about working a full week but it wasn't meant to be. nothing beats a mini weekend in the middle of the week. as always, i recommend it.

Weekendism II

Post 91

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Hehehe. I left work early on Monday and called in sick the next two days. Almost makes up for having to work Saturday.

Weekendism II

Post 92

There is only one thing worse than being Gosho, and that is not being Gosho

I used to call in sick almost every Thursday - it just seems to be the right day of the week to do it. Mondays are a pain just because it's Monday, Tuesday isn't so bad because you're kinda back in the swing of things, but by Wednesday you're beginning to flag and in need of some r+r, so a day of rest on Thursday is just what's called for. And then of course Friday is either payday, or the day that the weekend begins, or both, and so shouldn't be missed. Being at home when everyone else is at w*rk makes a weekday off so sweet. Now I w*rk at a place which is open 365 days a year and I can choose which two days of the week to have as my weekend. I thought it only fitting to choose Thursday as one of them smiley - smiley

Weekendism II

Post 93

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

Believe it or not, we've got a new Dropdown List. Best of all, it updates itself. Put this code on your HTML or GuideML page, and never need to w*rk on it again.

<!--
function goLink(link,win) {
if (link != '0') {
if (win[0].checked == "1")
window.location.href=link
else window.open(link);
}
}
// -->

/* fixer */

use THIS window

use NEW window

Weekendism II

Post 94

Maria d J Gutierrez

1. we go on strike next wednesday. i have to drag a purple and green sign up and down for a couple of hours and blow on a whistle. does this count as working? i get to be "picket captain." i think that mean i have to pay for the donuts but i'm not sure.
2. the new drop down list looks neato but right now i can't even get my links to point to a bookmark.
3. can someone (hint dan) tell me how to get a link to point to a bookmark? smiley - smiley

Weekendism II

Post 95

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

What do you mean "point to a bookmark"?

(Now might be a good time to point out that I didn't write that code. I stole it from the Angels, and I have no idea where it came from before that...)

Weekendism II

Post 96

Maria d J Gutierrez

ah... well, no one here would expect you to do something that you could copy from someone else. what i mean by "point to a bookmark" is have a link to a url that takes you to a specific spot on the page. some places call this a bookmark, some call it a target, and i know that html uses a hash mark (#) in the code but i have no idea how to do this with guideML and looking at the guideML clinic page didn't help.

Weekendism II

Post 97

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

I don't think there is a GuideML code for doing that. The only way I know of is to simply use the HTML codes for it.

Weekendism II

Post 98

Maria d J Gutierrez

ok. i'll try that.

Weekendism II

Post 99

Maria d J Gutierrez

i did it! i linked an image on the same page to the text i wanted my link to go to and the url that resulted when you clicked on the image and landed at the text was exactly the same except that it had a # and the name of the bookmark/target at the end of it ([Broken link removed by Moderator] so, since you suggested there is no special way to do it, i added the #bookmarkname to the end of the url in my link code and SHAZAM! the result was a link that takes me to the exact paragraph in a chapterful of text that i refer to!

funny how much i enjoy this when i don't get paid for it.

Weekendism II

Post 100

Maria d J Gutierrez

oh. hmm. i didn't realize that sample url would end up as a link. check out my page if you want to see the real one.

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more