A Conversation for The Church Of Weekendism

Weekendism II

Post 41

wizard

I haven't had a steady j*b for over two years. Do I qualify?


Weekendism II

Post 42

Bluebottle

I haven't had a steady job smiley - tongueout


Weekendism II

Post 43

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

I'd say everybody here qualifies. smiley - bigeyes


Weekendism II

Post 44

Maria d J Gutierrez

well i'm glad to hear it. i was getting worn out with asking if i slack off enough. also, i assume its ok for me to type the way i usually do (with the minimum of punctuation and no capitals). whew. i feel better already.


Weekendism II

Post 45

ENTITY-- Assistant to Mr. RedFish, Chief Thug to The MASQUE) A410239

wow you mean a whole thread where caps and punctuation arent necessary

i dont know if i can control my excitement

wow
yippee

Anyway, HI! i was just following links, and stumbled onto your page, and i already feel like i'm at home! can i join?? please? i happen to have this little bottle of Special RED Election wine in my pocket.. perhaps after a drink or two you'll be up to considering my application?

*sits back and lapses into a state of semi-hibernation*
smiley - smiley


Weekendism II

Post 46

John the Rather Ordinary

*Yawn*

Been doin' good Dan, aside from the small ammounts of w*rk that have crept into my days through a rather sneaky means. I've been helping my cousin out on his happy new web authoring gig. I found one thing that truly bothers me though, much like a cold beer on a hot day the sacred Weekend is far more enjoyable and holds more meaning when it marks the end of w*rk.

I've come to the conclusion that one really should have a small ammount of w*rk in their diet or, much like drinking only beer, the flavor of Weekends begins to grow less pleasurable. Still, do not go as far as the typical 40 hours a week. I advise somewhere in the neighborhood of eight hours a week or w*rk in two three hour days and one two hour day. This gives you a four day Weekend every week and also gives you a lighter day just beforehand.


Weekendism II

Post 47

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

*enters with battered fedora on head, pad of paper and pencil with a broken point*

so here I am, having had a whole lot more of the work stuff to do this week than I like, and having to work this weekend smiley - sadface. Now I realize that my Roving Reporter column for The Post is due on Monday, and I haven't even picked a place to feature in the article.

I'm really trying to avoid my work, so can I join the church?

*has an idea*
Why don't I do my feature on this place? I could slap something together, do as little work on it as possible, and not only would it be appropriate, but I could still find time to go out for a drink this weekend!

So, if you have anything that you think should go in an article about the Church of Weekendism, let me know... but since this is the weekend, don't go to any bother.

*leaves whistling*


Weekendism II

Post 48

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

*whispers carefully to Redbeard*

If you just copy and paste the text from the Weekendism page, I won't tell anybody. smiley - winkeye


Weekendism II

Post 49

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

*whispers back*
Thanks! That's a great idea! smiley - winkeye


Weekendism II

Post 50

Kumabear

HA!smiley - tongueout


Weekendism II

Post 51

Maria d J Gutierrez

Wow. i'm home. i never wrote a term paper that didn't have some section lifted verbatim from some encyclopedia. oh, if only computers and the internet was around when i was in school, i would have never lifted a pencil to write a term paper in the hallway outside the classroom door as the teacher was collecting them. sigh... hmm. on the other hand, maybe then my brian wouldn't be so chock full of useless info on kangaroos....


Weekendism II

Post 52

JAR (happy to be back, but where's Ping?)

Would join. Afraid I might hafta put up some code on my personal space.

JAR


Weekendism II

Post 53

Redbeard (Thanks to all who supported The Celery!))

Well, I went ahead and did the Roving Reporter feature this week on the Church of Weekendism. If you want to bother, you can check it out at
http://www.h2g2.com/A421156

I think I did a spectacular job of avoiding work on it -- and then I discover that there will be no Post next week, so I get a week off! smiley - smiley


Weekendism II

Post 54

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

Bravo! It's brilliant, because I didn't have to do anything. smiley - smiley


Weekendism II

Post 55

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Um, I would like to join this church, please. My evil employer actually tries to make me work some Saturdays. Thank you.


Weekendism II

Post 56

Maria d J Gutierrez

wow. you need a government job. my twerpy boss gave me lectures on the evils of working too hard (said it was bad for the unit because then the office would think that we didn't need more people and we did and besides, it made the co-workers look bad)


Weekendism II

Post 57

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Ah yes, civil service is where I should be smiley - smiley.


Weekendism II

Post 58

Archangel Big 'Evil' Dan

Petunia, at least now you can take Saturday off as a religious holiday. Monday to Friday as well. smiley - smiley


Weekendism II

Post 59

Saint Petunia (Patron Saint of Free Spirits, and Keeper of Treasure) (come see important info and links on my page)

Oh praise be smiley - smileysmiley - smileysmiley - smiley!!!!


Weekendism II

Post 60

Maria d J Gutierrez

ok! im calling in "sick" tomorrow in a show of support! hooo hoo! wait, i called in "sick" this morning... hmm. no, i'm still sick, SICK OF WORK! hooo hooo! i'll be at the beach if you need me. smiley - smiley


Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more