A Conversation for The Café

Have Another Cup

Post 1

Irving Washington - Gone Writing

Now, who was it stole today's delivery of doughnuts???

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 2

GreeboTCat

Me hopes that... that accusing finger is not pointing at me Mr Washington... ~burp!!~ Ooppss... me does beg your pardon... must of been something me ate... ~grin~

Have Another Cup

Post 3

Demon Drawer

Hi Greebo, how are things? smiley - smiley

Have Another Cup

Post 4

I'd call the Holistic Detective in on this case, but what would I pay him with when all my doughnuts are missing?

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 5

Demon Drawer

Coffee? After all I thought this was a coffee shop Irv.

Have Another Cup

Post 6

I'm already paying him in coffee for a rush job he did for me earlier... I had him follow himself around so that we could put his likeness on the float. Now he gets free coffee. smiley - sadface

Anyhow, I can't help thinking that the doughnut theif will return to the scene of the crime!

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 7

Garius Lupus

Perhaps a little bait would help. Here's a mobius doughnut from Crater Labs Inc (we get them from Joanna, too)

Have Another Cup

Post 8

Afgncaap5

*Grins*

Thanks to Crater Labs, Inc. my donut vault has state-of-the-art security! I always make sure that there's at least one donut in there, and it's pretty much always safe from anything!

You know, I think the donut stall has quite a racket going. How many buisinesses are getting daily shipments of these donuts? Crater Labs, Inc., for one, this Cafe, I have a special order for my telepathic goldfish (who's doing just fine, BTW), my chess room has a few of her donuts on the side, and while I've not been there very often, I'd bet that the Forum & the Firkin has a few lying around . . .

You know, I don't think that fish are the currency of h2g2 anymore. Donuts seem to have replaced them. They're more common, but the demand seems to get rid of that problem.

*Thoughtfully sips the Usual he hadn't ordered yet*

Have Another Cup

Post 9

The mind boggles...

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 10

Possum

*Enters timidly having only recently arrived*

Could I have a coffe mocha please?

Have Another Cup

Post 11

Afgncaap5

Hello, there. Nice to meet you.smiley - smiley

Irv, could I order this Usual I'm drinking now?

Have Another Cup

Post 12

Doctor John (Patron Saint and Village Physician)

greetings, possum. are you sure you just want coffee?.....or maybe something stronger?smiley - winkeye
whatever....allow me to buy it for you. that is, if irving returns in time.

Have Another Cup

Post 13

*returns in time*

Good thing I checked these posts before turning in for the evening! Wouldn't want to leave Possum's Coffee Mocha unmade! *hands over coffee mocha* c(~)
Shall I put that on your running tab, Dr. J?
Alright, Afgncaap5, you can order the Usual you've been drinking now, and I'll make it earlier.

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 14

Doctor John (Patron Saint and Village Physician)

I thought I'd settled my tab, but obviously I'm mistaken.
*hands irv a diamond-encrusted black amex card*
Put it all on that and, incidentally, what is the total so far?

Have Another Cup

Post 15

GreeboTCat

Hi Possum... why don't you sit down and we can share a doughnut together... ~grin~... me can eat ... whilst you watch...

Have Another Cup

Post 16

Garius Lupus

AHA! I think someone has taken the bait. smiley - bigeyes

Have Another Cup

Post 17

Shh! Don't let on! Besides, that's really inconclusive. Greebo would be going after that doughnut even if she weren't the criminal. Wait! *notices something by where the delivery USED to be* I think I can name our theif. He had motive, opportunity, and he's left behind a clue...

*WHO WILL IRVING WASHINGTON UNMASK AS THE TRUE THEIF? GREEBO T. CAT? GARIUS LUPUS? ASTEROID LIL? OR AN AS YET UNNAMED PRESENCE? STAY TUNED 'TIL LATER, SAME BAT TIME, SAME BAT CHANNEL!*

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 18

Demon Drawer

Ah no. Mom it's the adverts again. Can I have some more crisp, coke, a choccy bar or 12 and some Pringles.

Have Another Cup

Post 19

*WAAAAAZZZZZZZUUUUUUUPPPPPPPP?*

*WE NOW RETURN YOU TO THE AROMA CAFÉ MYSTERY SERIES, STARRING IRVING WASHINGTON, GREEBO T. CAT, AFGNCAAP5, AND MANY MORE*

I suppose you're wondering why I've gathered you all here? Well, if you are, you're a bit batty. I've gathered you here to reveal the theif and you should have known that. Let's review:
Greebo T. Cat: motive, no alibi, but a sweet cute face that we all trust. Couldn't possibly have been Greebo, 'cause she said so.

Afgncaap5: If you can't trust a Holistic Detective who also happens to be a super villain, who can you trust?

Garius Lupus: Known accomplice of Afgncaap5, but spends enough time at the Doughnut shop that he needn't steal MY delivery of doughnuts.

Asteroid Lil: No alibi, but I can't establish a motive, either.

Demon Drawer: Don't be silly, he's watching this on TV, he's not in the show!

So who does that leave? Anybody else got a guess?

~Irving

Have Another Cup

Post 20

GreeboTCat

Me thinks it was Kato from the Pink Panther films... ~grim grin~... me never did trust that fellow... and he's sneaky... and he used to neat the crap outta Peter Sellers... Tee Hee...

Key: Complain about this post