A Conversation for h2g2 Announcements

Monday 3 December 2012: Announcing Volunteer Team Changes

Post 1

h2g2 Communications

h2g2 volunteers perform all the day-to-day editorial, technical, and administrative tasks that keep our site running. Through the combined, coordinated efforts of many h2g2 volunteers, h2g2 is moving steadily toward its long term goals.

Volunteers on all projects come and go, and we have quite a few changes to announce.

Lanzababy is taking some time off from volunteering. Lanza wasn’t just the Chief Guide Editor, she oversaw all those areas of the site that came under the Guide umbrella, as well as being my sounding board and interim FRL Vice Chair. Many thanks, Lanza, for your vision and all your hard work.

Additionally, Gnomon has resigned his position as a Guide Editor. Thank you, Gnomon, for your past efforts as a Guide Editor, and for present work as a Curator and Sub-Editor.

Dmitri Gheorgheni will step into Lanzababy's Chief Guide Editor role while she's away from us. Dimitri will be over-seeing all the Guide aspects.

Galaxy Babe and h5ringer are promoted from Deputy Guide Editors, and are now full blown Guide Editors. Congratulations! Galaxy Babe, h5ringer, and Dmitri will share the editorial workload.

Solnushka will liaise between the Creationeers and Dmitri as Chief Guide Editor, so that we can keep the successful and popular Create initiative running.

Geggs will soon take over the whole QOTD process - once we get the technical details sorted.

This situation has also highlighted an unbalance of work the Community Artists. We’ve worked with Tavaron to redistribute the workload within the Community Artists. BlueBottle, already a Curator, now has full control over uploading image files. Rosie will liaise with the Guide Editors and encourage writers to submit photos for their entries. Dr Anthea will be working with the Community Eds to get more community involvement in producing images for older entries.

Additionally, Dmitri has recruited more help for The Post: Magwitch and Asteroid Lil have joined Beatrice as Post Team volunteers! Thanks for stepping up to new tasks!

A hearty “Congratulations” to those who have, in effect, been promoted. And thank you to all volunteers for making h2g2 the Internet's best destination.

Pastey
FRL Chair
Tech Team Lead

Post 2

Rod

Well done, retirees, for your efforts.
Congratulations to the team as it now stands

THANK YOU, all of you

Rod

Post 3

Baron Grim

Maybe I missed something or I'm just forgetful... what is "FRL"?

Post 4

Milla, h2g2 Operations

FRL stands for Field Researchers, Limited, the company started by community members to hold approx 1/3 of the shares of NPL, Not Panicking Limited, who own and run h2g2 since we left BBC.
smiley - towel

Post 5

Baron Grim

Thanks. I did know that but had forgotten. smiley - cheers

Post 6

Milla, h2g2 Operations

Monday 20 August, 2012: h2g2 Announcements - Field Researchers Ltd Incorporation Edition

That announcement - I never get the links right, so it's better if you find it. smiley - smiley It hangs off this page too.

smiley - towel

Post 7

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

MEGA thanks and appreciation on both frontssmiley - smiley
those leaving, those having a rest and (on err 3 fronts) those receiving promotion and (on err err 4 fronts) those just joining

bloody weather! there's fronts all over the placesmiley - erm

Post 8

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

The volunteers are to my Front
The volunteers are to my flank
The volunteers are to my rear

I have them right where I want them!

Many thanks to those who are leaving, joining, and moving around smiley - cheers

Post 9

Dmitri Gheorgheni, Post Editor

smiley - headhurts Now I'm hearing 'The lunatic is in my head...' smiley - runsmiley - rofl

Post 10

Prof Animal Chaos.C.E.O..err! C.E.Idiot of H2G2 Fools Guild (Official).... A recipient of S.F.L and S.S.J.A.D.D...plus...S.N.A.F.U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-lJZiqZaGA
smiley - whistle

I knowsmiley - biggrinannouncements, but it's for Dmitri smiley - winkeye

Post 11

benjaminpmoore

I'm ashamed to say much of all this hard work has passed me buy, so thank you to all past and present. I see a lot of names I know on mentioned, people who have always been around for as long as I've been here, which is good to see as the guide moves forward.

Post 12

~ jwf ~ scribblo ergo sum

smiley - erm
I'm feeling really guilty now...
smiley - nur
smiley - run ..and grateful!
smiley - nur
~jwf~

Post 13

Bluebottle

Oo - am I officially a Curator now, then? I just thought I was 'Bloke who does stuff with photos'.smiley - wow

<BB<

Post 14

Milla, h2g2 Operations

I thought you were a Curator already?
smiley - towel

Post 15

Nosebagbadger {Ace}

He was - he just didn't know it yet smiley - winkeye

Post 16

benjaminpmoore

You're a currator and you don't- oh bugger that doesn't work.

Post 17

Jackruss a Grand Master of Tea and Toast, Keeper of the comfy chair, who is spending a year dead for tax reasons! DNA!

morning all and wheres my badges smiley - laugh

Post 18

clzoomer- a bit woobly

Congrats to all the givers, from one of the takers. smiley - smiley

Post 19

Superfrenchie

Congratulations to the Volunteers. smiley - smooch

Post 20

Milla, h2g2 Operations

smiley - blush
You guys... this makes me so happy, so many kind words!
smiley - towel

Key: Complain about this post

Write an Entry

"The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is a wholly remarkable book. It has been compiled and recompiled many times and under many different editorships. It contains contributions from countless numbers of travellers and researchers."

Write an entry
Read more